Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Something we all can relate to.

Community Expert ,
Feb 22, 2017 Feb 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CzPJt_dUoAE3Ms0.jpg

We can make this a thread to post relevant cartoons, photo edits, memes and other assorted witticisms.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 732 Replies 732
LEGEND ,
Jul 14, 2019 Jul 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

True.

We don't get near the number of mid to big quakes here. But ... when this area moves, it can be spectacular.

Coastal areas rise or fall 100 feet. Mountains blow half themselves over a million square miles. Or pour out enough lava to cover a hundred square miles or so.

That's all.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 23, 2019 Jul 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A man arrives at the pearly gates of heaven, greeted by St. Peter. 

Man: What's that thing on the wall?

St. Peter:  Oh, tha'ts a Liar's Clock -- a special kind of clock that measures a lifetime of lies.  

Man: Really, how does it work?

St. Peter: Well it's quite simple.  Each time a person tells a lie, the hands on their clock move.  As you can see the hands on this clock never moved because Mother Theresa never lied.

Man:  What about that clock over there? It looks like the hands moved.

St. Peter: Yes. that's George Washington's clock.  The hands moved twice signifying that he told 2 lies.

Man: Where is Donald Trump's clock?

St. Peter.  It's upstairs.  God's using it as a ceiling fan.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jul 25, 2019 Jul 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't make this stuff up!

As some of you may know, part of my work is doing layout & design for a sign shop. We do a lot of ADA*-compliant signage Today, one of our customers actually asked if we could come up with some sort of self-adhesive braille slugs for marking the breakers in a circuit box.

Think about that for a moment. Go ahead, I'll wait.

I actually had to (as politely as possible) ask the >ahem< person if he had really considered the liability aspects of having someone who is that visually challenged feeling around inside a live circuit box.

Oy!

*ADA = Americans with Disabilities Act for those not in the US who may not know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OldBob1957  wrote

I actually had to (as politely as possible) ask the >ahem< person if he had really considered the liability aspects of having someone who is that visually challenged feeling around inside a live circuit box.

Opening the access door to a circuit breaker box would not expose anything live if the box was installed properly.

cktbx.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Peru+Bob  wrote

OldBob1957   wrote

Opening the access door to a circuit breaker box would not expose anything live if the box was installed properly.

cktbx.png

Indeed. But that is a big if in most of the ancient habitations (and installations) in this area.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

am i the only one wondering what happens when someone moves to braille slugs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OldBob1957  wrote

You can't make this stuff up!

As some of you may know, part of my work is doing layout & design for a sign shop. We do a lot of ADA*-compliant signage Today, one of our customers actually asked if we could come up with some sort of self-adhesive braille slugs for marking the breakers in a circuit box.

That's an interesting one, OldBob. A casual Google search did not reveal braille labeling requirements for circuit boxes. I'm also guessing he had no legal citation for such a thing. One of the nasty side effects of ADA enforcement in California is predatory litigation over trivial details that can put an owner out of business.

An interesting aside: One of the lyrics in the Beatles' "When I'm 64" talked about "mending" a fuse. I had no idea what that meant until I visited a friend while in the UK and he showed me that when a fuse in the basement box went out, they would buy a card of fuse wire, take out the mount holding the blown wire and simply replace the burned out wire instead buying a cartridge. The old house my parents rented had the old screw-in fuses that were simply replaced. Anyway found a Youtube vid explaining it:

How to replace fusewire in a fusebox with rewireable fuses - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jul 26, 2019 Jul 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are correct; there are NO requirements for braille in such a place. And California is not the only place with such litigation.

I too still remember the old screw-in fuses. At that same time, my grandfather's house up north had a system that sounds much like what you are describing from the UK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm somewhat of a coffee fiend. I have a "Death before Decaf" button I lost track of.

decaf.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

c GIVE-ME-ALL-YOUR-CAFFEINE.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for putting that together for the thread ponytail. Always good to have a cartoonist in the forums.

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jul 31, 2019 Jul 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We all probably know someone who could use this advice:

Battles.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 01, 2019 Aug 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well said Old Bob,...but not much on the 'net worth sniping about. On the outside it pays to know what battles are worth picking.

I remember years ago a short stocky regular customer at a coffee shop, cut in front of a taller guy at the sugar/cream station, then quipped:

Don't you just hate it when someone does that?"

"Not at all," the tall guy instantly responds, "I just pour my coffee on them and that stops that nonsense."

I never saw anyone freeze up like the short guy. It was like he wanted to respond, but knew he had to check himself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 01, 2019 Aug 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mmm he is standing behind me with hot coffee... maybe don't say it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy, Who is this St Peter?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 07, 2019 Jul 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a screengrab from the USGS website showing the intensity of that 7.1 They are still getting 2 or 3 mag. aftershocks every few minutes.

I would say the outer ring is 120 miles from the epicenter. That would just involve water moving around in a pool or a ceiling lampshade swinging.

Screen Shot 2019-07-07 at 8.34.27 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Aug 03, 2019 Aug 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how-to-start-a-creative-agency-infographic.jpg

Mo lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any profession can have such a group. I branded them DITTOS. I have lots of dittos for pals.

"0" JH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what is it about Macs and stickers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Aug 05, 2019 Aug 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ussnorway  wrote

There's room for a line there... something about being "tacky". But I'll leave that alone.

On an unrelated subject:

Mousetrap.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 05, 2019 Aug 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ussnorway  wrote

I don't know, they wear thin after a while and leave a residue when you finally want them off. I prefer plastic shells for my Macbook, it keeps the heat off my lap.

But I let everyone walk their way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 12, 2019 Aug 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

EBwKpMSXoAEmbyN.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oldie, but a Goodie...

EBuVZ8rXkAgFhpD.jpg large.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ha! And there was some kid on Twitter or somewhere who said he'd seen an old-time telephone at his grandma's house, and "It had a hashtag on it! They didn't even have Twitter back then! Why did they need a hashtag?"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines