Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Storage Options Help?

New Here ,
Mar 30, 2017 Mar 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I work for a moderately sized business in a design department dealing with approx 4000 images every 3 months and a increasing project file folder.

We currently use a Sinology DSJ212 with 4TB+4TB of storage in a raid configuration but are running out of space fast.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a new NAS solution, maybe what they/company uses?

Rack or standalone?

Any help would be appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 05, 2017 Apr 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you compressing your files & folders.  That can save quite a bit of space.

Have you looked at Amazon Web Services   If you don't need to access the data regularly, you could use what AWS calls Glacier Cloud Storage which is significantly less costly than other solutions.

Amazon Glacier - Cloud Archive

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 05, 2017 Apr 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

stephenpayne1985  wrote

4TB+4TB of storage in a raid configuration

why do you need redundancy?

a Nas is for (long term) storage and a cloud is for streaming... one is aimed at keeping the files safe and the other is for getting at those files fast (and generally more than one user at a time)

I use a Seagate Central because I need cheap access from any where... they come in 2,3 and 4t with 5 accounts per drive by default. I don't have to worry about Seagate getting hacked and I can get my files as long as I'm some place with a half decent wifi but I don't want | need 2 copies and I am not inclinded to pay someone else to manage things for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines