Copied

Who watches this?  Who sponsors this?  Who cares?  😝

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 13, 2022 Feb 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Curling is one of my favourite winter sports.  It's all about skill, geometry, angles, endurance, control, accuracy, skill and strategy.  It's not only making the shot you want, but also about anticipating what your opponent wants and making their next shots difficult.

Mixed doubles curling is even a faster game and requires incredible athleticism to slide, throw your rock acurately and then jump up and catch up to it to sweep it down the sheet of ice with very little chance to catch your breath in between shots.

As far as ice sports go, curling is way more exciting than hockey.   🙂

Rob R, Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 14, 2022 Feb 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Culring is a very common disrespected winter sport while I think I couldn't manage to ever do somethign like that. People perfecting their curling is always entertainging. The olympics have really hit off for me. Espically the skating. I'm excited to watch my bobsled from yesterday. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 13, 2022 Feb 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IF, I were to watch the Olympics, I do like curling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I live near the Canadian border, about an hour south of Montreal.

Curling is a very popular sport in Canada and there are some curling clubs here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It must be a regional thing  — like bocce ball.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Nancy OShea , you'll have to find a local rink near you and try it out.  Come over to the cold side, Nancy, you might find it addictive.  😄

Rob R, Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like I would PAY to be cold and sweep an ice rink.  No thanks.  😈

anima-broom.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's too bad.  I guess that you've never experienced broomball on the ice either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's too bad.  I guess that you've never experienced broomball on the ice either.

By @Peru Bob

=========

Isn't that like ice hockey with brooms?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 15, 2022 Feb 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, as one of only two Scottish ACP's I feel I have to stand up for curling.

Although it's not a game I play or particularly like, it is a game of great skill.

This video explains the how: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOk9SVzqHsk

This video explains why it's called the roaring game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AimG8xzchfI

Best regards, Euan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 15, 2022 Feb 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@EuanWilliamson,

The Scottish gave us Golf, too.  Thank you very much for that, Euan. 😁   Golf is another "great fun for players but a snooze-fest for spectators" kind of sport.  My husband LOVES golf.  He rises early to watch The British Open (6:30 a.m. our time) and falls asleep in his chair halfway through the round.

No disrespect to anyone who enjoys the sport of Curling.  But compared to the thrills & drama of Downhill Skiing, Snowboarding, Figure Skating, and other Winter Olympics events...Curling as a spectator sport is right there with Horseshoes & Ring Toss. 😛

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 19, 2022 Feb 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I discovered curling when I moved to Sweden, and as pretty much with everything I discovered there, I was not the least impressed.

Moving back to Italy, can you guess my frustration, when my country discovered this activity through the Olympic and right now in my town it has become a wild hysteria?

there is no place I can call home 😄

I don't know why it is popular, it is hardly a sport in my eyes and I can't stand 2 minutes of it. It's like watching a chess game: probably those who play are having fun, but what's so entertaining in watching goes beyond my understanding.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines