• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What software for creating small business flyer with active phone / email / web links?

New Here ,
Sep 28, 2018 Sep 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am afraid I have no idea which community to place this question in. Adobe requires that I chose a specific community; so apopogies as it is probably in the wrong place. Perhaps someone will, as a start, know where this question would be best placed..?

My business partner and I run a small architectural engineering consultancy. We wish to produce a single page online flyer for marketing purposes. We would like our mobile phone numbers, email addresses and website to appear on the flyer as active links. If a client views our flyer on their mobile device or laptop, a tap or click on our phone number, email, or website will initiate a phone call / email or direct to our website.

We wish to individually email clients / prospective clients with this marketing flyer as a (probably) PDF attachment to the mail. I do not know what software to use to accomplish this.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Harry

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobe animate can do that but it's not a task for novices.

you need to hire someone to do this for you or be prepared to invest the time to learn.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is probably best in the The Lounge as you ask for general information.

A one page flyer can be done in Illustrator, but Indesign is probably best for doing that. However, the learning curve for both software programs are quite high and there is also a lot of other expertise required to do that effectively.

I would recommend to hire either an agency or a freelancer doing the job for you. As a starting point, it will be a little bit more expensive, but at the end you will save money with such an approach.

As of kglad​'s suggestion: that would be a great online or e-mail marketing idea.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Discussion successfully moved from Adobe Creative Cloud to The Lounge

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[for my own edification: can ai and id contain interactive links that trigger the phone dialer when viewed by a user with a mobile.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kglad  wrote

[for my own edification: can ai and id contain interactive links that trigger the phone dialer when viewed by a user with a mobile.]

I think so, if you add a link with the URI starting with “tel:” instead of “https:”

Harry, I agree with kglad’s original suggestion: hire a professional to navigate the tangled requirements of setting this up. You could author the content a number of ways, but you’ll want someone experienced that knows how to set up email campaigns.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you're talking about is called an HTML E-mail.  You will need to use web authoring software like Dreamweaver to create the HTML code and content.

Animate CC is the wrong software for  this because e-mail  clients like Outlook and Gmail cannot support the scripts that Animate generates.

Start your project with an industry approved,  responsive e-mail template.  The ones below have been tested to perform well in all major e-mail clients.  

https://zurb.com/playground/responsive-email-templates

Use Campagin Monitor or Mailchimp to broadcast e-mails to your opt in mailing list.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

animate would use javascript for application like this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kglad  wrote

animate would use javascript for application like this.

Right.  JavaScript is OK for a browser-based web app but not for E-mails. 

HTML E-Mail & Newsletter Blasts - https://alt-web.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 02, 2018 Oct 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because you already have a website and all you want is like a one page online flyer, you should take a look at Spark Page Make Graphics, Videos and Web Pages for Free in Minutes | Adobe Spark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does Spark permit insertion of HTML code and Tel links?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It supports links that could be made to point to a contact page on their website.

Spark is a good option if the user doesn't have the skill/time/resources to put something more complicated together. Otherwise, they could choose from a variety Adobe products (depending on what they're most comfortable using) to make a PDF and use Acrobat Pro DC to add the phone and email.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines