Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Something we all can relate to.

Community Expert ,
Feb 22, 2017 Feb 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CzPJt_dUoAE3Ms0.jpg

We can make this a thread to post relevant cartoons, photo edits, memes and other assorted witticisms.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 732 Replies 732
Community Expert ,
Oct 07, 2018 Oct 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trevor.Dennis  wrote

I have a sneaky feeling that James Veitch sometimes starts threads in the Adobe forums, just to ask daft questions, and then deliberately not understands any of the answers offered by increasingly frustrated posters.  The next time I encounter a relentlessly clueless poster, I'm going to offer them a free toaster if they'll go away.

I sometimes wonder. A poster asked how to hack "Save for Web" to convert larger files to jpegs. "I would point him to File > Save as"and he'd come back to, "no no no, Save for Web makes jpegs, and I want to adjust it to take a 100 MB file". He got it eventually, (or gave up on the prank)

but I now that you mention it, I wonder if a few comedians troll the forums that way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Oct 14, 2018 Oct 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

James Veitch comes to me for training in After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator and Character animator. He’s a really lovely bloke and hugely talented. I would not be at all surprised though, if what you say is true 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 08, 2018 Oct 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I said I was done with the subject, and I am. Just one brief comment, as a professional.

Journalists are also professionals. Their job is to question power and authority, in any form. They aren't there to be "friendly", they're inquisitive by instinct. They don't have time to be "progressive" or "conservative" or whatever. They have work to do.

Now I'm done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

“Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabridge Uinvervtisy, it deosn’t mttaer in waht oredr the litteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a ttoal mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is besauae ocne we laren how to raed we bgien to aargnre the lteerts in our mnid to see waht we epxcet to see. The huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but preecsievs the wrod as a wlohe. We do tihs ucnsoniuscoly wuithot tuhoght.”

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Cambridge Research makes a good point, but it's not how you want to write your resume.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ussnorway  wrote

“Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabridge Uinvervtisy, it deosn’t mttaer in waht oredr the litteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a ttoal mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is besauae ocne we laren how to raed we bgien to aargnre the lteerts in our mnid to see waht we epxcet to see. The huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but preecsievs the wrod as a wlohe. We do tihs ucnsoniuscoly wuithot tuhoght.”

Wow Graham. That's amazing. I read that exactly as fast as if it were normal text.

Neil, what's the story with you falling off your chair at MAX?   

Nancy, I wouldn't be surprised to have found that Adam Savage, from Mythbusters, was at the Neil Armstrong auction.  He is crazy keen on stuff like that.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i ahve snee tihs befroe. Tis prtety cool. Ncie shrae. Im doen wthi sepll chcke.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 12, 2019 Jan 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been house sitting 3 cats last week so this feels about right

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 17, 2019 Jan 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My local weather map.  Talk about climate change!!! 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good gracious Nancy.  For one moment your chart caused my jaw to hit the floor, until I twigged those are Fahrenheit temperatures.  This was helped by my head being in a ridiculously high temperatures state of mind because of Australia this week, where it was dues to reach 45°C (113°F).  This is Southern Australia BTW and not Alice Springs, central Oz, where I tend to associate with silly highs.  I wonder how Graham is doing in Queensland?  He mentioned cat sitting, but didn't say where.

We have had lots of 30°C and hotter days here, but it is a pleasant 25° today.  I spend all winter hating the cold — anything below 16°C (60°F) feels cold to me — and when the summer arrives, I complain it is too hot. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

don't worry mate... I found a shady spot

LRM_20190113_114919.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My husband snapped that graphic from our local channel 7 TV with his iPhone. Obviously 612 and 588 were unexpected typos that got released into the wild.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Snow here tonight!

Note to Trevor.Dennis​: that's 32°F, not C!

IMG_6304.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jane-e  wrote

Snow here tonight!Note to Trevor.Dennis : that's 32°F, not C!

IMG_6304.jpg

By heck you've got it tough over there Jane.  Not only brass monkey cold, but the sky throwing Shaolin death stars at you.

It looks like poor Bruce missed a couple before catching that one.

Of course, they'd be no problem to 'some' people.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 20, 2019 Jan 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trevor.Dennis  wrote

jane-e   wrote

Snow here tonight! Note to Trevor.Dennis  : that's 32°F, not C!

By heck you've got it tough over there Jane.  Not only brass monkey cold, but the sky throwing Shaolin death stars at you.

In retrospect, it was balmy back then, Trevor.Dennis​. Now the Shaolin death stars have been melted by the rain and the winds have come in. It’s 29 mph now with gusts up to 50 mph. They are saying that with the wind chill it will feel up to -15°F (-26°C) tonight. The day is not conducive to hiking, so I am reading a book instead.

8DC30F66-C1BC-4341-B5D9-5CF7A1C11EDA.jpeg

Meanwhile the BBC reports a record breaking heatwave for Ussnorway​ in Australia, which you must be having, too.

Australia swelters through record-breaking heatwave - BBC News

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 21, 2019 Jan 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jane-e  wrote

Meanwhile the BBC reports a record breaking heatwave for Ussnorway  in Australia, which you must be having, too.

Australia swelters through record-breaking heatwave - BBC News

Yes, Australian weather systems tend to hit us two weeks after they hit Oz.  Things are heating up for the Ozzies in other respects it seems. 

WARNING:  This is definitely NSFW — but very funny.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trevor.Dennis  wrote

WARNING:  This is definitely NSFW — but very funny.

“Approved by the Minister for Genuine Satire”

It’s really well done, Trevor, it gets straight to the point while being extremely funny!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just ask the scientician .

Brilliant!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jane-e  wrote

They are saying that with the wind chill it will feel up to -15°F (-26°C) tonight. The day is not conducive to hiking, so I am reading a book instead.

It is the warmest part of the day around here right now (southern Michigan, USA); 11 degrees F, with a wind chill still hovering at about 12 to 15 below zero (F).

A book is an excellent idea!

--OB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 23, 2019 Jan 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://i.postimg.cc/XYGHQtTy/image.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 25, 2019 Jan 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fell asleep on a pile of old magazines. Now I have back issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 02, 2019 Feb 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://scontent-lax3-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/50299951_2370434369953133_91936231692173312_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-2.xx&oh=fdf79b01dcf998757a3be18342002678&oe=5CC29B55

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

he looks well feed so I wonder how many kittens he had for dinner?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

catusplant.jpg

catus-sittus... never water!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 04, 2019 Feb 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bb8fb7ce0e93fe811874b4271b85f479.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines