• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ANNOUNCE: ATM 4.1.2, fixes certain 2000/XP issues

Enthusiast ,
Jul 25, 2002 Jul 25, 2002

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a new patch for ATM for Windows. There are separate updaters for ATM Light and Deluxe, to update them to version 4.1.2.

The ATM Deluxe update is at: http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=1553

The ATM Light update is at:
http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=1552

The updates address the following issues:

1) Uninstalling ATM 4.0 on a Windows 2000 or XP system causes the system to no longer be able to install Type 1 fonts. This is a Windows bug, which ATM 4.1.2 works around.

2) Uninstalling ATM 4.0, or 4.1, or 4.11 on any Windows platform causes PFM files to be left unassociated with the system font applet preview page. ATM 4.1.2 associates PFM files with the system font applet instead of ATM; uninstalling 4.1.2 thus causes no problem.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 01, 2002 Aug 01, 2002

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a question:

Is ATM Lite 4.1.2 to be installed after ATM Lite 4.1.1, or is it to be used after ATM Lite is uninstalled?

If the latter, then the description ATM 4.1.2 is slightly misleading.

Regards,
Victor Lee.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2002 Aug 02, 2002

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This patch (atmfix.exe) does not work on my computer. The .bat file contains the line "call atmfix.reg" which I believe is a non-sensical DOS command. Am I doing something wrong? Or did you post the wrong file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> The .bat file contains the line "call atmfix.reg" which I believe is a non-sensical DOS command.

Why do you believe that? It looks valid to me, so long as atmfix.reg
exists.

Aandi Inston

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can do the labor automatically. Just expand the download into its two components (use WinZip, for instance), and double-click the ATMfix.reg file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded the new lite version, 4.1 today 08/02/2002 as when normal users log in, it still says 'no write access'. Give the users the rights to the keys in the registry and it still flashes the same message and shutdowns. Any ideas anyone??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All installation and use of ATM, Lite or Deluxe, requires login as Administrator (or userid with "Administrator" privileges)!

- Dov
- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2002 Aug 05, 2002

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So let me get this right, if I have installed ATM 4.0 and DO NOT uninstall it (on Windows 2000 Pro), then it should not cause any problems right? It is only if I uninstall, then I will have issues 1) and 2) listed above?

Can some Adobe staff verify this? We are ready to roll out an application that requires ATM, so it would help if we can get some confirmation.
Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>So let me get this right, if I have installed ATM 4.0 and DO NOT uninstall it (on Windows 2000 Pro), then it should not cause any problems right?

No, it's potentially very bad. Potentially doing this will break type 1 font support complelely.

> We are ready to roll out an application that requires ATM, so it would help if we can get some confirmation.

You MUST use ATM 4.1 or above if you use ATM.

Aandi Inston

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why do you need ATM for this app? Are you going to be using multiple master fonts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 06, 2002 Aug 06, 2002

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, as much as I like to promote Adobe products (my wife owns stock!), won't that requirement raise the cost of distribution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2002 Aug 07, 2002

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

atmfix.exe does not work on my computer too. Tell me please, ¿what can i do?
Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 07, 2002 Aug 07, 2002

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Carlos -- Please start a new thread, not under this one, and explain the details, operating system, *exact* version of ATM, type of ATM (Deluxe or Lite), and what the problem is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2002 Nov 30, 2002

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Install ATM Deluxe 4.0 on Win XP - how?
I did a clean install of Win XP. ATM Deluxe won't run, I've tried downloading and running the above listed fix 4.1 by placing it in the psfonts dir. Is there something else I should be doing. I still have Win 97SE on a separate hard drive. I am confused about the font issue in XP. I gather they want all fonts in their font folders and no font sets. Is that correct?
Thans, DougBarron

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 01, 2002 Dec 01, 2002

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>Install ATM Deluxe 4.0 on Win XP - how?

Do not even try! Whether you succeed or not, you may break Windows,
as you will find in countless discussions of this point.

You MUST get 4.1. This is not a download, but a paid upgrade. You
can download 4.1.2, but that is a fix for 4.0.

Aandi Inston

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 02, 2002 Dec 02, 2002

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I gather they want all fonts in their font folders and no font sets. Is that correct?"

No, it is not. When you have bought and installed ATM Deluxe 4.1 (as per Aandi's instructions), you will be able to organise your fonts into sets just as before. I'm not sure what you mean by "their folders", but you can still store fonts in separate folders. Installation, however, even when apparently done through ATM, will actually be carried out by the OS in XP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2003 Jan 22, 2003

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The ATM fix for both the deluxe and light versions didn't work on my machine. I am logged in as administrator, used ATM deluxe and said it needed windows 95. Made it simulate that. The program loaded but wouldn't let me install any fonts. Tried the fix but still wouldn't work so I uninstalled. Now it says there is still an instance running. Very frustrating. Any suggestions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That message means you have ATM 4.0 installed. You need to install
4.1 before you can apply the 4.1.2 patch.

Aandi Inston

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can also run the patch after removing ATM4.0 but before installing ATM4.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2003 Feb 16, 2003

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in a Windows98 Rev 2 environment.

When I execute the file, I get the first note saying what the patch will do and I note that Windows 98 is not mentioned.

I then get the prompt to unzip the file and I click OK.

That is followed by a DOS window with
D:\temp\wzse0.tmp > call ATMfix.reg
Bad Command or file name.
There is no further action.

My zip program is not allowed to independently unzip the file.

Thoughts???

Warren Pearce

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 16, 2003 Feb 16, 2003

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have or have you had ATM installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2003 Feb 17, 2003

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My current configuration is ATM Delux 4.1 with Build 243 May 24, 2000 and Driver 4.11, Build 243.

Warren Pearce

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 17, 2003 Feb 17, 2003

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You really don't need the 4.12 update on 98, I don't think. However, you should uninstall ATM immediately prior to upgrading to Windows 2000 or XP, if you ever do that. (Actually, you're best off doing a clean install of 2000 or XP rather than upgrading, in which case you wouldn't have to uninstall anyway.)

T

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2003 Feb 19, 2003

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The ATM Light doesn't work on my machine either. I use XP Home edition. The files are associated with ATM and I've run the fix, but no luck. I am unable to convert the fonts to true type and when I try to view the fonts, the ATM tells me there was an error trying to view the file. Have I done something wrong?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 19, 2003 Feb 19, 2003

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like it. The "unable to convert to TrueType" message typically shows up when you've previously installed ATM4.0. If you've installed this, the update doesn't update it to 4.1.2 - it's for 4.1. You need to remove 4.0 and then run the fix, then install 4.1, and then update it. (You may be able to leave out the second step - run the fix - but I'm not sure.)

ATM doesn't convert Type 1 or OpenType fonts to TrueType, and the light version is needed on XP only if you want support for multiple master fonts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines