• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

GTX 970 and Premiere Pro

Participant ,
Sep 22, 2014 Sep 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure,it says Unsupported,but i have a doubt because i'm scared as *BEEEP!* now that i've seen this topic i've been looking for

I own a GTX 660 Ti OC 2GB and it works perfectly with my Premiere Pro CC 2014. However,i was about to buy a GIGABYTE Nvidia GTX 970 until i tought: "Will it work with my Premiere Pro CC 2014?..Better ask".. Been asking and nobody replied to me.

Because i don't want to buy a card that'll NOT WORK AT ALL with my CC 2014!

In other works: If i buy a GTX 970, will it work with Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2014 COMPLETELY/FULL POWER, supported or not??

Please reply ASAP!!!

Thanks in advance

DV

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guru , Dec 11, 2014 Dec 11, 2014

Right now the 900 series cards are testing fine  with the MPE engine and acceleration. I have not seen any limitation including effects. So I am not sure where people are running into problems. AE acceleration is ray tracer and on the way outs. Dont expect Nvidia to maintain the version AE left at in the drivers and I would be surprised if any new cards work with it since Adobe is done updating it. Very few use it at this point and C4D with Octane is far better especially for the GPU acceleratio

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 198 Replies 198
Participant ,
May 19, 2015 May 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It shown me to repair, so i did. Yet the prob persists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the issue lies in the plugin itself in code, which prob changed when you upgraded it, are you sure you fully removed the app and installed it backed, you could also remove it again and use ccleaner to clear the registry, entries may have been left causing this failure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did the following:

1.Uninstall PPCC2014 and AMECC2014

2.Deleted the folders from Program Files (x64), System32 and SysWOW64 (or something) 's related files

3.CC Cleaner

4.Reboot

5.Install the programs

6.Re-put the NVENC_Export stuff back in

The problem persists. The profile i did for Premiere's NVENC_Export is still there and the error message keeps on popping up. (Once again,i can still export if i clickey on "Ignore" but still might give probs in the final product.. Though i've made a 1080p/60FPS I THINK (bad memory) of a 40sec vid and the exported file worked like a charm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

have you tried to just make a new profile for nvenc?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried deleting the profile, making a new one (Following the image here Re: GTX 970 and Premiere Pro ), still same error message (but still allowing me to export if i click on Skip/Ignore).

Made now 2 profiles, one for 720p and one for 1080p at 29,97FPS as Default, since they seem to work. This is all weird though...

Fun fact the original poster of such fix didn't opened it's mouth neither about this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2016 Feb 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would it hurt to have another drive with another bootable OS on it for games? So one set of drive and OS for Editing, another for Gaming.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I looked over the posts regarding gaming and editing in the same PC, and now I know why I had agreed with the "keep games off" mantra:

It's not so much about the software issues, but it's about the hardware balance issues. You see, games and editing software have fundamentally different hardware requirements to begin with. Games make heavy use of the GPU but relatively little use of the CPU. Editing software, on the other hand, make heavy use of the CPU but only heavily use the GPU in certain rendering tasks. This is exactly why a balanced hardware configuration is very important in an editing PC. Many gaming PCs, on the other hand, have a hardware balance that's severely lopsided towards the GPU but cheap out on the CPU. And too much GPU relative to the CPU can, and does, create problems when running editing software.

I hope this clears up things,

Randall

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 27, 2014 Sep 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got the new GPU. It works flawless. HOWEVER,CUDA has been removed from the latest drivers and now exporting takes twice or x 3 times more time than normal...Like a simple CRYSIS 3 recording of 6 minutes takes what?,12-18?

Adobe and Nvidia better make something to fix this huge issue.. however,i've heard people saying that CUDA can be enabled again with some modded drivers...But i'm waiting for someone to put SUCH DRIVERS online to get and try them...Else...*Sigh* Bad move,Adobe/Nvidia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,
Sep 29, 2014 Sep 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We need to check your configuration because I am not seeing that in testing the 980GTX so far. The performance is showing the same as the 780Ti so far that I am seeing.

Eric

ADK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 30, 2014 Sep 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks Eric !!...good news.so far !!!... Hopefully, the 980 will show EVEN BETTER and a the NEXT question would be : is it BETTER to use TWO 970s,OR, better to use ONE 980 that has a LARGER amount of video memory....somewhere I read that there will be 8 GB versions of these cards. Looking forward to your test results !!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes every time I try and get back to them get more calls. End of the Fiscal year for US GOV so things are crazy here right now. Hopefully I can get back to it by tomorrow.

Eric

ADK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 29, 2014 Sep 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ASUS P8Z68-V PRO GEN3

Intel i5-2500K @ 3,3Ghz Stock (NO OC)

8GB DDR3 1333mhz RAM

Nvidia GIGABYTE GTX 970 4GB DDR5 G1 GAMING

SSD 250GB SAMSUNG 840 EVO

HDD 1TB WD Blue 7200RPM

Windows 7 64bits Home Premium

Anything else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For that system you probably would not see much performance improvement.  Spend money on memory,  See also Harm's Tweakers Page on "What Video Card to Use"  While it has not been updated to the new GTX 9xx series, that is just because we have not seen any GTX 970 or GTX 980 results yet to really know how they perform.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@bill:  Can't upgrade much until Intel's Skylake where i'll do the "big jump" (This MB/CPU is around +3-4 years old,yes). And ya saying there won't be much performance improvement with the GTX 970? Oo..

@ECB:  What's "AME" ?..Adobe Media Encoder?...Note that i am on Windows 7 64bits Home Premium and i own AME and Premiere Pro in their CC 2014 versions! (Both saying "Updated" with a green "V" 'd circle on Creative Cloud's App). Where's that file and what should i do there?..

And yes,i Have/NEED the 344.16 drivers to get my GTX 970 DETECTED (Back then even with 344.11 wich was SUPPOSED to have such GPU's listed,weren't and had to go online to get the "just new!" drivers for it).

Thanks in advance

PS: I always have a "THE WALKING DEAD S2E5 (TellTale Games)" video wich's lenght is around 1h30-55min to test out the export speed to see if it goes faster or slower depending of the drivers n all that stuff...If that helps too

EDIT: Found the file by searching Cuda in Adobe (64bits') folder and found both cuda support in the them, wrote down a copy/paste a line of the other GeForce texts and just changing the numbers.

This is a screenshot of how Adobe Media Encoder CC 2014 looks like (to show off the "TIme left",a feature i wanna see in a future premiere update even when you're doing "2 VBR passes" or somehthing)

http://prntscr.com/4rrnh2

Vid in the end is 1h27min and while encoding in AME CC 2014 Time Left shows right now ,after some crazy spinnings,1h10min left...Kinda like the vid itself,unless it should perform faster somehow

The video Preview at the bottom left shows that the texts and stuff that happens in the game are like...2-3 times faster than the game itself,a nice "Fast Forward"..

It's funny how little GPU usage (at the top right gadget) does and how much CPU and RAM (Nearly 6GB of 8) does..Though it goes crazy with GPU going from 5-20% of the yellow bar and barely surpassing the 350MB on memory of 4GB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Cuda Text file is in the Program files under Premiere Pro CC 2014 and Adobe Media Encoder. You want to edit the Cuda Text files in both.

Eric

ADK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ECBowen wrote:

The Cuda Text file is in the Program files under Premiere Pro CC 2014 and Adobe Media Encoder. You want to edit the Cuda Text files in both.

Is this for CC only or does it apply to perpetual versions also?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both although I haven't checked to see if CS6 will even use the new 344 driver yet. It very well may not.

Eric

ADK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2014 Oct 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Should the 970 work w/ CS5.5 perpetual also? I'm still on that version. I assume i need to do that CUDA hack or wahtever it is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That depends if the 344 driver will work with 5.5. You will have to check that by  testing unfortunately. Yes you would have to edit the Cuda text file.

Eric

ADK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 02, 2014 Oct 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Erik,

Just for the record, 344,16 works fine with the PPBM6 benchmark, and gives almost identical benchmarks to my GTX 770 SC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you edit the Cuda Text File in AME when you updated the card? Are you using the 344.16 Nvidia drivers?

Eric

ADK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did so,and left the results above your comment if you wanna analyze it to see if there's something else i should do to see if any export time reduced or something.

Thanks in advance ^^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now the only thing Nvidia/Adobe must do is use the GPU's (900 series')  entire power and it'll be a BLAST XP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 02, 2014 Oct 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is very important to keep track of is the CUDA SDK support of any particular application. Nividia abandoned their old SDK for the newer CUDA cores which require NVENC SDK for encoding and other SDKs that make use of the new CUDA, which most companies have not adopted yet. Thus older cards CUDA versions are supported and newer cards seem like they don't work. This is exactly the reason why. They have no idea what a Maxwell CUDA is on the 970/980.

The GTX 980 and 970 use Maxwell CUDA. This is not supported by Premiere Pro CC 2014, After Effects CC 2014 or Adobe Media Encoder CC 2014.

However, until they update both the applications to utilize Kepler/Maxwell CUDA cores (interface and codec choices), there is one encoding plugin you can try with AME and Premiere Pro. Please note, this is ONLY for encoding to MPEG2 or MPEG4 (with the listed necessary 3rd party programs integrated). This will not actually help you render the timeline any faster with Maxwell.

NVidia GPU-accelerated H264-encoder plugin, ready for public testing

I installed this in AME and Premiere Pro. It works amazing.

What used to take AME 10 minutes at 100% CPU to export a single 1920x1080p@24 3:20 video from Quicktime Animation Lossless/Uncompress Audio, was reduced to being able to export two videos concurrently (to MP4 H.264 and MPEG2 Blu-ray), in 55 seconds.

Once Adobe installs support for modern Kepler and Maxwell CUDA in both the applications and their codecs we will all see a very gigantic leap in overall performance and reduced export/encode time.

As of now, there is no support in AME or PPro for Maxwell (possibly Kepler support for the interface) but no format target such as MainConcept H.264. That format is not updated to support Kepler or Maxwell, only Fermi/Tesla/ION and they are not adding support for it. They told me this directly and they will tell you if you ask. So it's time someone made a quality encoder (like the person I linked) that could show you all what the latest CUDA cores can actually do.

I run a 980 GTX myself (2048 Maxwell CUDA cores) and I encode all video at rather frightening speeds with low end systems (i5-2500k/16GB rigs).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines