• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New NVidia 4080 Super GPU on Adobe Premiere Game Driver

Enthusiast ,
Feb 04, 2024 Feb 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know it is early days on this one, but having waited 4 years to upgrade my GPU to a 4080 Super, it  is now sitting on my desk waiting to be used with Premeier Pro, along with a host of other Video related Apps.

Has anyone (yet ?) tried the gaming driver 551.31 as an interim driver ?.

It is the only one available as Studio Version driver not released, not even a Beta

I know that the drivers are eventaully identical, but it is the testing /certification process taking longer on Studio version.

I raised a ticket with NVidia on this but no timescale on Studio driver release yet

Any feedback welcomed on using gaming driver. Thanks.

TOPICS
Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 04, 2024 Feb 04, 2024

If there is no studio driver then you have to use the game driver: end of story.

Moved to hardware forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 04, 2024 Feb 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If there is no studio driver then you have to use the game driver: end of story.

Moved to hardware forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 12, 2024 Feb 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Final update on this - installed 4080 Super GPU and working with the 551.33 Game Driver

Note the 551.23 game driver for other Super Cards does not recognise the 4080 Super GPU.

No horrors or crashes encountered so far. As to whether it is performing to its optimum level who knows.

NVidia responded to the case I raised - saying the Studio Driver was still in testing and currently being optimised.

Await notification on this being available.

In the meantime, I can push on with projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 05, 2024 Feb 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I thought it was a bit early to ask this question - but still worth asking all the same.

I have not installed yet as I am finishing off a project and no way do I want to extract GPU hardware and install latest and greatest NVidia Games drivers - I'm already a bit nervous about this knowing it might cause Premiere Pro and Media Encoder to fall over.

I will post any findings (good or bad) here.

Incidently, thank you Ann for moving to this Video Hardware Forum - I must admit I did not know it existed as I always thought anything like this we posted within the Application Forum and marked Hardware/GPU etc.

Isn't there a chance someone just reading the Premiere Pro Forum would miss a relevant post in Video Hardware?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AnnBens_0-1707138548857.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks.

Noted for the future. Don't know how I missed it !.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 17, 2024 Jun 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why would the Game Ready driver be such a bad thing?
I understand Studio driver is preferable, but why couldn't the hardware be used if there is only a Game Ready driver?
Surely Puget are doing tests and reviews about this model, so it can't be all that bad can it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its up to you to use the game drivers. Adobe recommends using Studio Drivers simply because they have undergone more testing. Graphics card drivers can sometimes cause issues and the more Premiere Pro / Video users using the Studio drivers the more chance you have of hearing sbout possible anomalies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quote:

NVIDIA Studio Drivers provide artists, creators, and 3D developers the best performance
and reliability when working with creative applications. To achieve the highest level of
reliability, Studio Drivers undergo extensive testing against multi-app creator workflows
and multiple revisions of the top creative applications from Adobe to Autodesk and
beyond.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 18, 2024 Jun 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It depends. Some gaming drivers install so much junk by default that such junk severely interferes with the stable operation of creative programs. The AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT that's in my secondary PC has a conflict between After Effects and portions of the default full installation of its Adrenalin driver set. I had to use minimal or driver-only installation just to properly run After Effects, or switch to the PRO edition driver for that GPU.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines