• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

A giant list of free stock assets for video all over the internet... Enjoy!

Engaged ,
Jan 27, 2022 Jan 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Professional editors with large budgets may not be interested in this. But: for any one-person shows, like social content creators, beginners, or teachers who make educational video like myself... I hope you find this useful.

In the three or so years since I've gotten into video, I've been hoarding all the free stock assets (footage, music, SFX, templates, etc) I could find and curating a large list for myself. I thought I'd share for anyone who may find this useful as well.

MY GIANT LIST OF FREE STOCK ASSETS ALL OVER THE INTERNET:

There are lots of seriously amazing offerings in this list. Enjoy.

I post this because free stock assets are a win-win: small time video creators get tools to work with, and companies that create stock get to introduce themselves to potential (future) customers. Usually, experienced professionals are the ones who pay regularly for stock. They get way more choice and way less hassle. However, if the barrier to entry is too high for newbies (in other words, there's no free stock available for new folks), then they'll never get started making video and graduate to becoming experienced professionals who buy stock. So... I think this list helps everyone: the folks who use the stock as well as the ones who create and publish it.

Please keep in mind the following:
  1. Although I believe every site on this list is safe and legal, there's no way for me to personally guarantee it. I'm just some guy who has used many of these sites with success. Some of them look somewhat homemade, but many of them are well-built and/or big name companies. You visit and download from any of these sites purely at your own risk. Use caution, common sense, and up-to-date firewall/antivirus (as always).
  2. As usual, it is your responsibility to make sure that you are using any asset you find online according to its usage license. Some of these items place absolutely no limitations on usage; others want attribution. Some are allowed to be used one way but not another. You are responsible for how you use these assets.
  3. Some of the items may look like they cost money. On some of these sites, they sell a higher quality of the asset (for instance 4k ProRes, or WAV), and of course you'll see that first. But if you look, you'll see another option to download a free lower quality version (for instance HD H.264 or .MP3). If you can't use the lower quality, keep looking because you'll likely find something high quality that works at one of the other sites.
  4. Since these items are free, OF COURSE be prepared to encounter lots of advertising, or be asked for your email, or see paid offerings listed next to the free ones. It's a small price to pay (compared to $$$) for assets to make great videos.

If/when you're ready to spend a little, I've discovered that you can get big bang for your buck at:
Storyblocks
ProductionCrate
Envato Elements
Audiio
... to name a few.

If you know of a site that would make a good addition, or you see something that should be corrected, or you discover that a listing is unsafe (sorry about that), please just reply to this thread and I'll update the list as soon as I can.

Jeff

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 28, 2022 Jan 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Moved to Video Lounge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines