• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Don't open multiple projects at once: Premiere 2018

Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just updated Premiere and I'm seeing a feature that I really disliked about FCP - the fact that you open multiple projects at the same time.  I do find this occasionally useful, but not on a daily basis and really it ends up being more confusing and I can't always tell when I've completely closed an old project unless I quit and restart Premiere.

Is there a setting so that I only open one project at a time like the way it used to be?

The way it used to be was perfect for me, but now it would require multiple steps to either start a new project or open a different project if I already have one open.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

There is no way to turn off multiple open Projects in 12.0. This was heavily requested feature.

You can go to the Window menu > Projects to note what Projects are currently open. You can also go to the File menu > Close All Projects (to close all Projects) and then choose the single Project that you would like to only have open.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 113 Replies 113
Explorer ,
Oct 10, 2018 Oct 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Neil!

Well, I've looked at the multiple projects function a little more and it makes a little more sense now that I realized that elements stay in seperate bins. Although, it is a feature that I will not use very often. it is something they would use more with News editing. I work in promotions. Still I believe I can live with this.

As far as the Lumetri windows does not matter if I use them as floating windows or inset windows that are saved with the workspace when I open the project. the floating Lumetri windows jumb back to the centre of the screen and the inset windows are just gone and the holes get filled in by the other windows.. It may not be a big thing for a lot of people but for me it's something that gets in my way dozens of times everyday.

I also use the Loudness Radar extensively. I would love it if I did not have to move it out of the way everytime I switch sequences. If the window stayed where I drop I would love that.

One last thing, Yesterday I built a simple animation in After Effects. Everything went beautifully as usual until came the time to render.

Since Adobe took away our Quicktime drivers I had to output as avi. Cause interpolated sequences come out clean with the Animation coded, none of the other one (jittery). Now, like I said when came the time to render, I set the prerequisite options and clicked render and nothing.... It just sat there forever. I had to control+Alt+Del to get out. And it does that everytime.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 10, 2018 Oct 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As to Ae, huh ... I'm not having any issues with outputs. But then I normally kick out from Ae in either the QuickTime/Cineform, DNxHD/R or mxf in the Op1a. If needed, the Qt/Cineform 12-bit includes Alpha. That's my go-to for most stuff, 10-bit except for needing alpha gets the 12-bit.

Which Quicktime can't you get to?

I have saved workspaces ... they always open as they are supposed to. When you set up a space, do you save & name that workspace?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 11, 2018 Oct 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now that the function has been explained to me. I think I can survive this. And all the other problems where cause by a defective user in Windows 10. By trashing the user all the problem went away. And I finally figured out how to use the multiple projects feature properly.

No lets see what else I gor wrong!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2019 Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This may be heavily a requested feature but that doesn't mean all us want it.  

Edited by Mod: Your post was edited. Opinion is fine, but please do not condone the use of internal developer tools on these forums; a request from our engineering team. Thanks for helping us out. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2021 Feb 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good job, now post a video on how to turn it off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2021 Feb 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well adobe, it's been 4 years and feature requests have been submitted and this still continues to suck.  still waiting for this "feature" to be optional...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open the Console (Ctrl+F12 / Cmd+F12), switch to Debug Database View, then look for "FE.AllowMultipleOpenProjects" (they're all in alphabetical order) and change that to false."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For anyone wondering how to turn this silly feature off, here's how:

(Taken from another thread)
It can be turned off. 😉

Adobe might not like it, and they'll actively tell you not to do it...
https://forums.adobe.com/message/9930277#9930277
"Open the Console (Ctrl+F12 / Cmd+F12), switch to Debug Database View, then look for "FE.AllowMultipleOpenProjects" (they're all in alphabetical order) and change that to false."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...and Adobe will delete your message in 5, 4, 3, 2, ........
Just like they deleted all the rest our posts anytime we post this "workaround."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nicely done! You saved my life, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2021 Aug 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this option still working?

Since the last 2021 version, it's not working on my system anymore. 😞

Cheers 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2021 Aug 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it is.  just repeat the trick.  you will have to do it every time you update to a new version until adobe finally makes it optional and gives us a checkbox in preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 22, 2021 Aug 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I meant this "trick" no longer works.
Turned it on and off and on and off again, quit restart, reboot etc.

nothing happens.

I can't turn it off anymore... 

Maybe a security issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 22, 2021 Aug 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

hrm....not sure then.  I literally updated my premier and did the trick right before I typed that reply and it worked for me.  maybe try resetting prefs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines