• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

GPU Acceleration not available in PP CC 2019_06

Enthusiast ,
Dec 19, 2018 Dec 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin - I think what everyone is saying is that Adobe would be far better served qualifying a driver version and delivering it with the software - which is what Avid do. In fact make it a pre-requisite on installation.

Once that version is qualified you don't touch it until the next release of the software and the next driver qualification. From a user perspective the problem is Adobe does no driver qualification on a video product that depends on it. Or if they do it is not common knowledge and it is not communicated well.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John

This is a really elegant solution that has plagued Adobe products for years.

Kevin-Monahan​ would it be difficult to implement this?

Mo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing Adobe does is ever communicated well. There are guys on the forum with 1050ti, 1060 and 1070 cards that are now unable to work in Premier pro 19 because of how laggy it is. I know this because I'm one of them. I've done all the required updates and its still a pain. The answer isn't in updating GPU drivers and Adobe know this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 20, 2018 Dec 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well that is not true. I have a 1070ti and Premiere is very stable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some users are having issues, yep. No questions about that.

Including yourself. Which ... I find rather a bother. Like most anyone here, I just want anyone using this or any other tools to be able to just get the darn work out the door. So ... I wish "we" had a magic wand to wave for each other.

Over the last few years, I've seen all sorts of things that users did that got them going better. A number re-formatted their machines, installing the same apps as before but ... installed Pr first. After that their lag/chunky-play issues stopped. How many really want to try doing that?

Also, the good folks at Puget Systems and Safeharbor Computing both say that most CPUs ... even high-end ones ... don't test out nearly as well for video post using any software as certain other CPUs do. Which is why they recommend only one or two at each price-area. Past that, most mobos do not lay out their lanes & resources for best use with the many things between cards & such not we video-post folks tend to load into our computers. They've shown that simply shifting your cards around on some mobos gets past bottlenecks of the computer layout ... which are of course not things that any one app has any control over.

These are just a few things of the many more that can seriously help or hinder performance of computers used for video post. And it's why we users need to learn as much as possible before blowing money on gear ... not all gear is even close to equal, and just more expensive has little to do with better performance.

Unfortunately, there isn't a great repository of exactly what gear works best, is there? I certainly wish there was. I'm looking at needing a significant upgrade from my 6-core/32GB-RAM/1060-6Gb vRAM rig due to the media I'm starting to work with. So you better believe I'm studying afore buying. And ... it will be built especially for the use.

On my current rig, I get better playback in Pr over Resolve. Other rigs are reversed. Why? No clue.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the Response Neil, appreciate it. I think there in lies the frustrations as what was a perfectly running stands alone editing machine one day, is now "obsolete" due to one upgrade the next with no real solid direction on how to fix it.

The crazy thing is that my rig and yours are on par and its reversed for me. Resolve runs smoother than PP. So with all these inconsistency's, its almost impossible to accurately build a rig and be assured that PP will have smooth playback again, and YES, all folk want to do is get work out the door. And, unfortunately, for a lot of folk, that wont be happening any time soon.

Thanks again for your response!!

take care.

Craig.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a 680Ti, 780Ti, 1070Ti, 1080Ti and every one of them are stable with PP.

All in Mac Pro 5.1's. I only had to roll back one driver for the 780Ti as Nvidia released a bit of a wonky one which kept saying the driver was not updated but in no way did any of these affect PP or AE.

All tested on Sierra, High Sierra. 780Ti and 1080Ti tested on Mojave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines