• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I've been using Premiere since 1991

Participant ,
Oct 28, 2018 Oct 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using Premiere since 1991 so I do have a history with the product.

But I've not used it exclusively.  Avid, Media100, FinalCut, and Resolve has all been part of my career.

And, yes, I'd certainly be interested in a highly specific and optimized premiere "PROFESSIONAL WORKSTATION" version.  Charge me $2K for it and call it a day.  Make a non-bloated version that demands an exact itemized list of PC hardware components.

Heck, partner with HP and sell 1 single machine if you have to! --Also have software updates that are never released half-baked.

Have it be so ridiculously exclusive it's built on their own tightly controlled version of LINUX.  Whatever works!  Just strip the code down.  Hit the reset button and make a solid lean and mean beast of an editing platform.

Personally, I like the PP user interface and how it does things.  The legacy of that style of editing appeals to me.   However, I'm not enamored that the app always feels like it's about to rattle loose and somehow smash into a wall.

Adobe is making ridiculous money right now.  They could easily afford to develop a special editing machine workstation that's also loss-leader product.  Even if they sold zero units to regular consumers it would stand a a shining example of their commitment to the product and to the industry.  Meanwhile, get this new hypothetical killer product into film studios and ad agencies and bang the drum how awesome it is for professional work.

For those that actually use it, it would be akin to owning a luxury car that everyone admires, while regular people drive around in a base model sedan.  A car model that's the pinnacle of engineering and style typically doesn't make profits for a car company, but it increases the prestige of the brand.

That said, none of what I just wished for would happen.  That's not the world we live in.  Unless Adobe considered the product worthy of just being a form of advertising, they'd never do it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 28, 2018 Oct 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not anything there I'd disagree with at all...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines