Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lounge Production Presents: Joint Efforts Project

Oct 03, 2013 Oct 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I don't feel it would be right to take over the thread started by Steven, I start a new one. This thread is going to be dedicated to producing a movie as a result of those voluneers' joint efforts, who are members of Adobe Community.

The main objective for this project is to collaboratively create final product from scratch: from defining the project scope to finally publish a movie somewhere, be it a dedicated website or just YouTube or Vimeo, as we'll define later.

This main objective is not the only project's goal. It is assumed, participants will be able to work on a particular tasks so as to improve their own skills in a desired field via sharing creativity, knowledge and skills.

I also hope we'll gain the Forum moderators' support so as to be able to appropriately update this original post so that others, who might arrive here later, will be able to understand at which stage the project is that time.

Now let's try to define the project scope.

By 15 October we reached our first milestone and defined

PRODUCT SCOPE and PROJECT CONSTRAINTS & QUALITY CRITERIA

Product Scope

Item

Specification

Priority

Movie, The

Genre: TV commercial

Duration: 60 seconds

Quality: Broadcast Safe Luminance & Chrominance

Format: 1080p, 24 fps, H.264, 32/40 Mbps

Compulsory Elements:

- 3D graphics and VFX (SciFi) incorporated into live shots

- Specific consistent look (colour design)

Highest

Dedicated website

Genre: Promotional website

Scope: 2 pages

Compulsory Elements:

- Web animation

- Video streaming

High

Official trailer

Duration: 30 seconds

Medium

Behind the scene movie

Genre: Documentary

Duration: 2 minutes

Compulsory Elements:

- Short interviews with the project participants

- VFX breakdown

Medium

Talk show appearance

Duration: 30 seconds

Low

Poster

Genre: 16 x 9 Billboard

Quantity: 1 sample

Format: 1920 x 1080 pix, PNG

Genre: 4 x 3 Affiche

Format: 1080 x 810 pix, PNG

High

Print ads

Genre: Glossy magazine ad, Front cover

Format: Full page, Page-proof PDF

Genre: Newspaper ad, Multi-column print

Format: ¼ Page, Page-proof PDF             

Medium

Article

Genre: Review

Format: Page-proof PDF, ~500 words

Medium

Brief Report on Collaborative Tools

Genre: Review

Quantity: 1 article

Format: Page-proof PDF

Highest

Project Constraints & Quality Criteria

- 24 December 2013 is a strict deadline;

- All media used in final product, from sound to 3D model textures, must be created by the project participants. Utilising stock media in final product is not allowed;

- Missing media or incomplete elements must be replaced with placeholders, white noise or subtitles, which explain what is missing (e.g. 'nice music is playing on the background' or 'nice colour grading applied here' etc.);

- The project is accepted as successful in terms of quality control, if no less than 90% of all planned work is complete. The overall progress is calculated as the following ratio:

(SUM OF COMPLETE ELEMENTS MULTIPLIED BY THEIR WEIGHTS) / (SUM OF ALL PLANNED ELEMENTS MULTIPLIED BY THEIR WEIGHTS)

- The project is accepted as successful in terms of attractiveness to external audience, if we reach 1 000 hits within three months after final product release, where

100 hits = 100 website landing page visits = 10 visits of 2nd page = 10 movie views = 1 movie download.

The following hits distribution is expected:

600 hits within 1st month after release;

250 hits within 2nd month after release;

150 hits within 3rd month after release.

Discussion on the next project phase, planning tasks list and obtaining required resources, starts at comment #84.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 330 Replies 330
People's Champ ,
Nov 08, 2013 Nov 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, the theater might not be too hard.

The seashore could be more difficult. If only because I would have to get someone to actually act. And what would we use for a shell fragment. And how large would it have to be?

I will give this stuff some thought and see what I can do.

artofzootography.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 08, 2013 Nov 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And what would we use for a shell fragment.

3D render I think.

I will give this stuff some thought and see what I can do.

OK, waiting for the feedback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 22, 2013 Nov 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Almost fully functional, tested in Chrome 31, FireFox 25, IE 11, Opera 12 and Safari 5.1 YouTube player skin is up and running. I didn't implement volume and resolution controls because their look depends on a particular skin design and hardly adds to learning something in JavaScript. I also didn't provide much fallback for older browsers, just check whether some crucial for this script HTML5 features are supported in a visitor browser and inform if they are not. Webpage content is not automatically resized on resizing browser window, while it is resized after refreshing webpage.

Overall impression: developing cross-browser applications in HTML5 + JavaScript is still a slippery slope. Some functionality like FullScreen API requires utilising vendors' prefixes and different elements and events spelling (hence duplicating a code several times), whereas some other things can't simply be implemented because of completely different behaviour in different browsers (e.g. Webkit based browsers trigger 'mousemove' event on changing cursor style, which in turn ruins attempts to 'hide' it on idle time).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Dec 01, 2013 Dec 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, the opportunity to shoot video did not present itself this weeked as I had thought it would.

I got a few portraits, and a lot of snapshots, but no greenscreen footage for this project.

artofzootography.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Jan 06, 2014 Jan 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jan 07, 2014 Jan 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

that looks like the worm periscope POV of project ....

wormPer.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines