Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lounge Production Presents: Joint Efforts Project

Oct 03, 2013 Oct 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I don't feel it would be right to take over the thread started by Steven, I start a new one. This thread is going to be dedicated to producing a movie as a result of those voluneers' joint efforts, who are members of Adobe Community.

The main objective for this project is to collaboratively create final product from scratch: from defining the project scope to finally publish a movie somewhere, be it a dedicated website or just YouTube or Vimeo, as we'll define later.

This main objective is not the only project's goal. It is assumed, participants will be able to work on a particular tasks so as to improve their own skills in a desired field via sharing creativity, knowledge and skills.

I also hope we'll gain the Forum moderators' support so as to be able to appropriately update this original post so that others, who might arrive here later, will be able to understand at which stage the project is that time.

Now let's try to define the project scope.

By 15 October we reached our first milestone and defined

PRODUCT SCOPE and PROJECT CONSTRAINTS & QUALITY CRITERIA

Product Scope

Item

Specification

Priority

Movie, The

Genre: TV commercial

Duration: 60 seconds

Quality: Broadcast Safe Luminance & Chrominance

Format: 1080p, 24 fps, H.264, 32/40 Mbps

Compulsory Elements:

- 3D graphics and VFX (SciFi) incorporated into live shots

- Specific consistent look (colour design)

Highest

Dedicated website

Genre: Promotional website

Scope: 2 pages

Compulsory Elements:

- Web animation

- Video streaming

High

Official trailer

Duration: 30 seconds

Medium

Behind the scene movie

Genre: Documentary

Duration: 2 minutes

Compulsory Elements:

- Short interviews with the project participants

- VFX breakdown

Medium

Talk show appearance

Duration: 30 seconds

Low

Poster

Genre: 16 x 9 Billboard

Quantity: 1 sample

Format: 1920 x 1080 pix, PNG

Genre: 4 x 3 Affiche

Format: 1080 x 810 pix, PNG

High

Print ads

Genre: Glossy magazine ad, Front cover

Format: Full page, Page-proof PDF

Genre: Newspaper ad, Multi-column print

Format: ¼ Page, Page-proof PDF             

Medium

Article

Genre: Review

Format: Page-proof PDF, ~500 words

Medium

Brief Report on Collaborative Tools

Genre: Review

Quantity: 1 article

Format: Page-proof PDF

Highest

Project Constraints & Quality Criteria

- 24 December 2013 is a strict deadline;

- All media used in final product, from sound to 3D model textures, must be created by the project participants. Utilising stock media in final product is not allowed;

- Missing media or incomplete elements must be replaced with placeholders, white noise or subtitles, which explain what is missing (e.g. 'nice music is playing on the background' or 'nice colour grading applied here' etc.);

- The project is accepted as successful in terms of quality control, if no less than 90% of all planned work is complete. The overall progress is calculated as the following ratio:

(SUM OF COMPLETE ELEMENTS MULTIPLIED BY THEIR WEIGHTS) / (SUM OF ALL PLANNED ELEMENTS MULTIPLIED BY THEIR WEIGHTS)

- The project is accepted as successful in terms of attractiveness to external audience, if we reach 1 000 hits within three months after final product release, where

100 hits = 100 website landing page visits = 10 visits of 2nd page = 10 movie views = 1 movie download.

The following hits distribution is expected:

600 hits within 1st month after release;

250 hits within 2nd month after release;

150 hits within 3rd month after release.

Discussion on the next project phase, planning tasks list and obtaining required resources, starts at comment #84.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 330 Replies 330
Guide ,
Oct 28, 2013 Oct 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steve, if you can find out about the scientist shot and the green screen stuff as soon as you can ... that you can actually do that stuff....cause I know thanksgiving is a family day with a lot going on.. ( cooking, socializing etc ).. and it might be really hard to actually get that stuff done without plans beforehand with relatives etc ?

I'll talk to some old guy here in apt complex about acting for me in the library room.. to see if he can be scientist also... we'll do what we can and use the best shot we get.

I can do that before thanksgiving...so hopefully can show you something within a couple weeks...

After thinking more about the exploding white to reveal black text in beginning.. I'm less enthusiastic than I was at 4am...when I got that bright idea. I now think is sucks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steve.. can you send me an email with that info about poster sizes ?  I can get started on that now... and I'll do one that is both vertical and horizontal...for you to drop into green screen ( vert ) on wall of theatre.. and for use in that frame that has the poster thing ( horizontal ).

I'll use the basics of the one with the egg on the bottom, which you liked right ???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you check the project scope etc you will se it only has a 16:9 dimension and a fliche 4:3 dimension ....I see no vertical dimensions now or before...

So, what is '4 x 3 Affiche' in your understanding? Wrong number order and they should be spelled out as '3 x 4'? Why did you ask nothing about what that should mean? Why did you tell nothing, if you feel I use wrong word in English? What is the use of yelling, 'WOW! That is so cool!', without actually understanding what your partner (is 'partner' the correct word for a person working together with another one?) means?

why dont YOU make a storyboard that tells the story and use what you think is working in my storyboard as well ?

I did that just yesterday. Should I remember you your own words about it and how you were changing them over time? When were you telling what you really think?

you gave me examples of 3d stuff... and I still have NOT HEARD you say that you can do the 3d model for a flying saucer ....

And in which way 'your' flying saucer is different from those samles complexity-wise?

I dont care if you think you succeeded or not about explaining something to my stupid brain.... that is not productive and is juvenile to focus on those things now.

Without understanding each others we can't move further, sorry.

since you have already said you are shooting NOTHING .. then who do you think is qualified ??

Are you sure you're properly estimating what can be done in post?

That should tell you that you should continue to do that as best you can

No use if you are not going to do what I plan.

If you can't get into the spirit of making things happen with the shooting part

Tomorrow night I will have another excellent opportunity to compare and contrast how much time we waste in a pool under such spirit of making things happen compared to how much does the same job take, when it is planned by our team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steve,

this type mic where you put your mouth really close to it ( used for singing mostly ) is better for VO than a shotgun... if you have one...

I could actually mail you one if you want.. as I never use it...and its been not used for about 6 years...

The cord of the mic I has a plug that you put into a music type amp on stage.. you know, the large plug like elec guitars have ...

anyway, this type mic will give your voice a deep tone and will not pick up ambient sound much if at all...

dynamic condenser type.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

fuzzy, I probably am defintely under estimating what can be done in post... I am not experienced editor. I know the basics but thats about it.

Also I have no clue how to use AE, which could be used in post too ....

I wish someone could come up with ideas how to make the text on screen ( what , came , first ) more exciting, but at the same time keep that time down to 1 second for each word...

so far nobody has suggested anything about that.

I thought Joe Bloe was going to join us ( according to you ? I forget who said that but it dont matter ).. and he is very experienced with post... but since he has not shown up I can only hope he is okay and working on good things and making money etc...

It would be stupid for me to think he can help us pull a rabbit out of the hat later on...with his help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

fuzzy, what are you guys shooting in the pool ??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already suggested you not to sit in your own box, not to target extremely simple things because you afraid they might be unfeasible to you. I was replying nothing to your questions about my AE experience, because they were really stupid. Like if I were annoying you whether you can mount a lens, whether you can set an aperture, whether you can eventually switch a light.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm going to start the pig and start putting files into a folder structure for edit on that machine..

before I do that I want to complete this poster thing...

EggPosterWithEgg.jpg

I want to make believe this is a real movie poster.. so I need some text to add to this thing... mainly I need some basic information which you guys can help me with.

Steve, I suggest you be credited with Director Credit. You are so far potentially shooting most everything we have on storyboard live ... and will be directing your relatives etc...so for the sake of having this settled now I suggest we call this a STEVEN GOTZ film....

Lets not get into the stupid stuff about how we are NOT making this film.. but just the promo for it...okay ?  Lets just get a pretend poster content done.

Fuzzy, I suggest you be credited as the Exec Producer.

I will take the writing credit.

Now we need some " stars "... maybe 3 of them ???  I suggest we use names for fun of people we like.  Steve, can you use your wife's maiden name ?

Fuzzy, you have someone you like who can be a star ?

I'll think of someone I like who can be a star.  That gives us 3 stars....

This is the time to send me your response of names of stars.

I will then imitate a real life movie poster with that information and make that a vertical movie poster with the dimensions ( at 72ppi ).. which will be used in Steve's greenscreen shots with theatre background ..

Steve, dont worry about focus.. we can blur the poster to match your still shot of theatre(s)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Credits are the last thing I'm interested in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The horizontal version of poster ( in the promo ) will be in focus and have that info also... and people can freeze that frame and have fun seeing their names on that ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

fuzzy you are being adversarial and not a team player to the point where it is not worth talking to you if you keep it up...

you once said to me " stand up and fight, you warthog "...

well here it is

start contributing to gettting things done and stop putting the brakes on everything please

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

let me explain more....

fuzzy.. this poster is one element of a potential storyboard and will be used in the promo primary product.  To complete this little element is important because it is needed to potentially fill up about 2 sec of the promo...

if you hate the idea of a poster please say that you will never use a poster in any of our project no matter what.. so a poster is a bad idea to you.

say what is important and helpful and stop being so pig headed please.

you hedgehog !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, that's not about me being adversarial. That's about complete misunderstanding. I never had a goal to start a joint project for the sake of being credited. And I kindly ask you not to include my name without my further explicit permision.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suggested you be credited as producer, that was a suggestion and not a demand. I dont even KNOW your name ( is your first name fuzzy really ? ).

the point of filling in the design of the poster is to make it look like a real poster from a movie.

The suggestion that you might use a name of someone you like who would have fun seeing their name on a movie poster ( even though its make believe ) was to have some fun with that.

I agree about this complete misunderstanding and where do you want to go from here ?  Do you still want to be part of a team to do this project or what ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First and foremost, there still no team. There are three separate person not united with the same goal, which makes a team a team. You can play the word 'team' forever, but unless a group of people are untited with the same goal, they are not a team.

There can't be a common goal until people start at least understand each other. If you want to understand me, ask questions if something is unclear.

The main goal for me with this project was to participate in a challenging work. If you can propose a challenge, I accept it. Can you?

And what is your main goal with this project?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steve,

You will note that my question to fuzzy about whether a poster was unacceptable as an element in the promo ...and instead of addressing the question he came back with a demand that I do not use his name without explicit permission..

This to me is not a team spirit of making things happen, and keeps going off on tangents that has nothing to do with making the product ( promo ) I introduced as the crux of the joint project.

I admit that I took control of the " primary product " ( video, movie whatever you wanna call it ) in order to move things forward ... but tried to do that with a spirit of making something fun and cool looking.. and working together in a group ( collaborative ) way over the internet.

The project parameters that fuzzy described in terms of internet ( around the world ) connection with the adobe products ( software )...is really good ( comprehensive ) and I still like the way he broke things down into the many elements and tasks etc.

It is likely at this point ( since I want to basically act like a pit bull and latch onto fuzzy's neck ) that the project will soon stop.

I wish to keep working with you Steve on the product and we can start a new thread on the forum to do that ...and just move on and do the best we can with making the primary product.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

fuzzy, no I dont understand you .. and I dont want to work on anything with you right now.

I just dont get where you are coming from.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's up to you to decide what to do, where, when and with whom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steve, I'm gonna start a new thread for " THE EGG PROMO ".. or something like that...

please join up and we can keep working on this thing and fuzzy can do what he wants.. join a team or tell us we are not a team or whatever...

I just dont get this fuzzy..

I bet part of it is the language thing and the time thing...not to mention other stuff..but I have to move on and make this product if I can..

Since I'm retired and old etc I have the time to do this as best I can.

Steve, do you know anyone who would like to be credited for various positions in the movie poster ??  hehe.. would be fun to put names up there maybe ?

I can use my mother's name as one of the stars... she would get a chuckle out of that ....

Fuzzy, you got that domain name for your web host and the domain name I bought is good for a year as of last week... so use it and that server is yours to use as you want for your html5 stuff etc.

I hope it is okay for you.  You can also share it with others ( via the ftp info you have ).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This thread has been very entertaining. I feel like Im reading a script for a very bizarre sitcom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This thread has been very entertaining.

So, maybe it was its Higher Purpose?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hehe.. lass...it is also really informative... and hopefully helpful to those who wanna work on collaborative projects via cloud and internet ..in a creative atmosphere without the usual hollywood " budget " and business model...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wet rigging.. good for around pools..???  worth looking into this lighting stuff by googling the sponser of seminar...

wet rigging.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Director? Me?

No thanks. 2nd Unit Director maybe. I have always been a better sidekick than a hero. I like helping people, not being the one in charge. Been that way pretty much my whole life except for the few years I spent as "Sergeant Gotz".

Heck, I just tried to get a few people on this forum to follow some simple instructions so we could play around a bit with seeing how the video pieced together and how we could color correct it to make it look at least a little more interesting. You and Fuzzy had higher goals. So I figured I would back off, and merely help out where I could, and perhaps learn a few things along the way.

If it were up to me we would have already had a half a dozen clips or so and I would have had some footage on a common platform shared by all so we could all use the same footage to come up with different stories. From there it might have grown into a bigger project. Or not. We have had video contests around here before, and I thought that this might just be a variation on that theme.

Since my suggestion that we start small was voted down, I read what you and Fuzzy were putting together and thought of ways to help. I am still willing to do so, but you guys have to work it out and tell me what needs to be done. I am too busy with the move into the new house, setting up my studio in the garage, and besides that I have a paying gig I need to work on. (Web site video to introduce a store - and they sell chickens so I would be able to shoot a little footage of some if needed.) I don't need the hassle of being in charge. I really don't. Sorry.

artofzootography.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Rode Podcaster that only picks up what is said directly in front of it, and ambient sound barely makes it into the range of the mic. What little background that gets in can be dealt with in Audition. As for echo, it has never been much of a problem but I am in a new house and I have not tested the acoustics in this room yet. As I said, recording in a clothes closet generally solves that problem.

I will email you a short clip or two so you can hear my voice. I don't have anything recorded with much excitement to it, but you'll get the idea.

artofzootography.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines