• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

May I buy Premiere Pro for a one time payment?

New Here ,
Dec 19, 2019 Dec 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to pay for Premiere Pro one time, and own a copy of the program with life?

[Title edited for question clarity and future forum search... Mod]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 19, 2019 Dec 19, 2019

Nope, subscription only.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, subscription only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2021 Oct 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Best Buy offers a perpetual license, so why cant I purchase it on line?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

don't think so.  I think you're looking at Premiere Elements...  not the same thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may do that with Premiere Elements http://www.adobe.com/products/elements-family.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 20, 2019 Dec 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Welcome to the community!

Adobe Premiere Pro is a cloud based subscription software. As mentioned by the experts above, you can purchase the monthly/yearly subscription for the application from the link mentioned below:

https://www.adobe.com/products/premiere.html

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Cheers,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2024 Jan 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, respectfully. I think having an option for a one time purchase would be more benefitial for everyone. More people would buy it! I would never want to pay that much annually. When I buy something, I want to own it for as long as I live or use the platform. Please give us that option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 04, 2024 Jan 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Asked several times and has not happened for Premiere Pro (and I don't think it will)

Premiere Elements is the way to go for a one time purchase

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2020 Jun 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thats so stupid! like wath about film makers who dont have that budget to pay for such exspensive softweare!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe is not the only software company on the planet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That filmaker should look for other options which are easily found if such a filmaker were to look - example:  free software like DaVinci Resolve:

https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/davinciresolve 

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, a perpetual license would have cost you even more money than a full year's subscription - and then, you would have been limited to one major version, period. And in today's world, if the perpetual license were to have continued, getting a newer major version would have cost you full price again. Last time I checked, Premiere Pro by itself cost $900 just for a single-version "perpetual" license. The entire Creative Suite Master Version, when it was still available, cost $3,000 just for the single version. (Upgrade discounts were available, but at the discounts that were provided back then, it would have required more than four to five years worth of upgrades just to bring the total cost down to the level of an equal-length subscription.) By contrast, you'd be paying only about $250 per year (after taxes) for the Creative Cloud version of Premiere Pro, and about $700 per year (after taxes) for the standard Creative Cloud suite - and you will get to update major versions every year.

These prices assume that you're in the US. If you're in another country, prices will vary.

And again, Adobe is not alone. Even Blackmagic has begun neutering the free versions of its software by now requiring a full paid version just to use an increasing number of features that were formerly free.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 07, 2020 Jun 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and let's bring up the reason this model is so popular.  Many, Many people were stealing the software.  I provided support for many people using fcp7 (and earlier versions of fcp).  Many people had no qualms about "borrowing" someone else's install disks and serial number.  In particular, I was postproduction supervisor on a documentary being funded by an extremely wealthy woman,  The original editor who taught at a very prestigious university in NY....  had installed her academic version of fcp.    Premiere allows you to work with the program for a short time to see if it works well on your sysstem and you think it's worth your money.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So honest people end up getting screwed yet again, right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does that mean?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the record: I am an honest creative cloud subscriber, and Adobe has never screwed me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 10, 2021 Oct 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our business too. Mulitple licenses, never screwed by Adobe. I don't even know what the heck that would be.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2020 Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They have essentially screwed over the hobby users so that they can make more money on a recurring basis.  As they lose regular users they just increase the price on businesses and other professionals who have no choice but to pay it.  This just further pushes out people using their software for fun.  I'm sure they don't care though because at the end of the day they are making more and more money.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 19, 2020 Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think that's fair.  Do you realize how many people were ripping off the software?   The subscription model was a response to that.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As noted above, the "one time" Price for Premiere Pro alone was around $900 a decade back.

So, you wanna go one-time price ... ready to shell out a thousand bucks US for one program? With no upgrade coming until you shell out another grand?

And as a small business person, who lives by my craft, I have no respect whatever for those using "cracked" software. There are other cheaper options without needing to steal.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, the upgrade to the next major version was $150 back then after discounts. That still made three years' worth of "perpetual-license" upgrades more expensive than four years' worth of Creative Cloud single-app subscriptions for that program.

And there was a limit to how many major version upgrades at the $150-per-year cost that Adobe allowed. Generally speaking, one was allowed only two major upgrades for $150 on that original $900 license. After the third upgrade, then one must have spent another $900 just to get the next new version. And then, the cycle started all over again. And this was part of the reason why Adobe transitioned from the "perpetual license" model to the subscription model, because in the past Adobe intentionally made the perpetual-license model expensive even in the long term.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When we went CC, for our business, it was a great blessing.

We had two Photoshop licenses, and two Lightroom. And we'd been upgrading Photoshop only every other year.

For slightly less than we had been spending over a two-year cycle for those two apps, I was running Illustrator, Premiere Pro, AfterEffects, SpeedGrade, InDesign, Photoshop, and Lightroom ... oh, and Acrobat also.

Nope ... ain't interested in going back. Not hardly.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2021 May 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using video editing prgrams like 5-10 times a year, so yes, I know I'm not exactly your target business customer...
Yet I would love to be able to use good quality software and I'm willing to pay for it, but I'm not that rich to pay 40 euro every month just to be able to join some video files that I can do anyways for free with many open source programs. Try to place yourself in the position of the regular user. Do you remember the times when your software was for everybody ? My daugther learned to draw in Photoshop CS3 when she was 4 years old - I'm still using that old version that I bought many years ago, just because I simply cannot afford now your new "cloud" pricing. Everything is subscription based and I'm already paying over 100 Euro a month of subscriptions. I don't need your software THAT much to pay for a subscription.

Please find a way to better safeguard your software against pirates and offer us, your old customers, a way to make one time purchase of your software (I'd pay 100 Euro for a good video encoder, joiner and editor like Premiere - some home, single user basic license not added "Pro" useless garbage just to fill the ranks and be on pair with every other software out there). I don't need all the fancy stuff inside the Premiere Pro (actually nobody does I guess) and you should make some paid plugins that are adding functionalities to your software, so if you need more, just buy more. I would buy new codecs for better video encoding, etc. - I would even pay a new version after 4-5 years.

Sitting there and waiting for subscriptions is just lazy of you guys. Are you waiting for someone to come and buy your company at 100.000 subscriptions ? You should always create new plugins, video effects and transitions, everything for sale, as packages. Work and get paid - this is my motto.

You've created some of the best software ever but you have some of the worst business model ever. BTW, did you notice that the torrents are full with your software anyways ?! - I just checked today out of curiosity, just to understand if your business model is effective... Nop. It's not. you're just losing the old customers, who are used to make a single licence purchase. Let poor countries enjoy and learn your software, as piracy or as you wish - some freeware ultra light version, but give us, your regular users, a way to pay without subscriptions.

Thanks for reading. And no, this topic is NOT solved. Adobe is still selling only cloud subscriptions.

As i own my PC I like to own my software, not just buying the right to use it for as long as a company wants to offer it to me. This is i don't like any Cloud service / software. You own nothing and you're just wasting money, every month for a service that could stop at any given time an you're forced to go find something else. Waste of time and energy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are many alternatives out there for less money.  There's even davinci resolve which has a free version and a very reasonably priced "studio" version.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines