• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Putting Wedding on a USB - looking for DVD style play-back

Explorer ,
Jun 14, 2019 Jun 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just moved to CC, but also have CS6, so I do have the use of Encore.

I am filming a wedding soon, and the client is looking for a DVD & USB. The DVD side I can do in encore (OK, looses quality but not a lot of can do based on size). The main output will be to USB, where i am looking to retain as much quality as I can.

Now I could just do the menu items as listed files (01 Bride Prep, 02 Groom Prep etc) and access it through Windows Explorer. However, ideally I would like it to run on a similar line to a DVD - so they put it into the PC and either it starts, or the click on a single file (TV working even better!). There would be a menu etc, and a play-all etc etc etc

But I cant see how to do this. I tried to do a test with Encore building a Blu-Ray folder and then an ISO but with no luck (ISO kind of worked, but didn't look great).

Am i looking for a holy grail that does not exist? Is there a way to do what I want through Adobe CC/Encore CS6?

Also, what would you recommend for a File Format to output the files into?

Any help appreciated - thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jul 01, 2019 Jul 01, 2019

OK - so eventually went for a webpage - brought a template from VideoHive (Sure others could easily find some) - and 'butchered it' in Dreamweaver (was originally a CV page!). But came out fine in the end, and will be the basis for me going forward.

All files  were placed onto the USB Stick - to HTML file, CSS etc, Video Files. There is no access to the internet requiredCapture.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

VLC player can play an iso file with menus.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your question. We are seeing more of these kinds of questions now. Let's get a discussion going.

Regards,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 15, 2019 Jun 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not wishing to hijack the thread, I would also like to known how to make non dvd or online distribution cost effective. I often film amateur dance and musical performances and I have only ever been asked for dvds, I can make a couple of hundred that are easily affordable, what is now the 'on line' equivalent of this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not a hijack in my opinion; selling events is a key requirement. I don't have all my notes on this topic in one place. No perfect solution yet...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looking on other sites - one of the suggestions would be to create a simple webpage - as shown here

The trouble is I don;t know how to do that - and not sure I have the time to start learning Dreamweaver before it is needed.

Any other options?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So is a single HTML website the way to go? And if so, any idea how to get one created (can't get my head around dremweraver).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 01, 2019 Jul 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK - so eventually went for a webpage - brought a template from VideoHive (Sure others could easily find some) - and 'butchered it' in Dreamweaver (was originally a CV page!). But came out fine in the end, and will be the basis for me going forward.

All files  were placed onto the USB Stick - to HTML file, CSS etc, Video Files. There is no access to the internet requiredCapture.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines