• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Speaking of keyboard shortcuts that stopped working

Community Expert ,
Mar 02, 2017 Mar 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Speaking of keyboard shortcuts that stopped working, itĀ“s no longer possible to launch Premiere Pro and press Ctrl+N to create a new project.

Adobe is the new Apple? Well, the Program Manager for Premiere Pro has actually worked for Apple "...as the U.K. Pro Video business development manager..."

Not a surprise then why Premiere Pro has morphed into a FCP7 copy and why Apple users are their main target today.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is off topic commentary. Branched and moved to the Video Lounge.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin-Monahanā€‹ Were you planning on addressing any of the numerous complaints raised about 2017 across several threads, or are you just handing out time in the penalty box to dissatisfied users?  Serious question.

At least some of Averdahl's comment is on topic--and it actually contributed greatly to the crux of the thread--which no one at Adobe seems willing to engage with...

There's an old off-topic saying that goes something like actions speak louder than words...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Off topic, in this case, means that the thread's purpose is not to seek technical help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Off topic, in this case, means that the thread's purpose is not to seek technical help.

No, this was posted by me as an answer in another separate thread and i did not start a new thread with a post like this. If i hadnĀ“t mentioned anything about the Program Manager for Premiere Pro as a former Apple employee my post wouldnĀ“t have been moved, in this case by another former Apple employee iow Kevin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 06, 2017 Mar 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Averdahl,

Sorry, off topic commentary gets branched and moved so that an OPs question can get answered. The fact it was off topic is the only reason I branched it and moved it here, and nothing to do with places where Al or myself may have done business in the past.

FYI, the Silicon Valley is small. Many people that work on NLE software at one company end up working on the NLE software of another. You see that over and over again. No big deal, really.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 06, 2017 Mar 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Cloud Disaster,

Were you planning on addressing any of the numerous complaints raised about 2017 across several threads, or are you just handing out time in the penalty box to dissatisfied users?  Serious question.

I'm not the product manager, so I do not address complaints about the quality of Premiere Pro. I try to fix issues that require troubleshooting, as that is more in my wheelhouse. If you wish to complain about the quality of the software, you need to file a bug. Complaining about Premiere Pro quality on this forum is not a good use of your time, while filing a bug is.

I hope that helped answer your question.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 07, 2017 Mar 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin-Monahanā€‹

I'm not the product manager, so I do not address complaints about the quality of Premiere Pro. I try to fix issues that require troubleshooting, as that is more in my wheelhouse. If you wish to complain about the quality of the software, you need to file a bug. Complaining about Premiere Pro quality on this forum is not a good use of your time, while filing a bug is.

I hope that helped answer your question.

Aren't you really splitting hairs here?  Where do you draw the line between something that "requires troubleshooting", and something that is a bug?  How do you determine it's a bug--if you don't troubleshoot it?

I'm sorry, but your first "contribution" to the thread was not to help troubleshoot the numerous keyboard issues that seem to have crept into 2017, but to assess penalty time to those irritated by it.

You did not take the 25 seconds required to fire up Premiere and see if indeed kerning no longer operates as it used to on a PC.  You didn't.  That would have helped troubleshoot the issue Kevin--you didn't do that.

Another user was kind enough to let me know that it is functioning as expected--on a mac.  That's very helpful, but I'm on PC so I'm still unsure if this is a global issue for 2017 on PC, or if this is a 'my system' issue.

With the influx of new users Adobe has seen, many are not aware of "power user" settings or usage scenarios.  Kerning individual letters via keyboard probably isn't a big priority for those solely utilizing Impact with a stroke.

I find myself continually lowering my expectations to remain satisfied with Adobe's offerings.  It doesn't have to be like this...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 07, 2017 Mar 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Cloud Disaster,

Part of my job is to moderate these forums. This requires me to branch off topic commentary for future users to search the topic more easily.

assess penalty time to those irritated by it.

It was only an off topic thread that I branched off for the benefit of others. Sorry if that upset you.

You did not take the 25 seconds required to fire up Premiere and see if indeed kerning no longer operates as it used to on a PC.  You didn't.  That would have helped troubleshoot the issue Kevin--you didn't do that

Good point. I won't explain the fact that I was in moderator mode, not what you really want to hear. Circling back, I do see that it is an issue that needs to have a bug filed. I'll address that on the post.

Just know in the future, we are always trying to make our posts more searchable; which requires moderation. Apologies for the misunderstanding.

Cheers,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines