Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The "lazy question" Thread

LEGEND ,
Mar 28, 2014 Mar 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bit of fun for our amusement.

Add to the thread by QUOTING what you consider is a lazy question from a lazy poster...

Lack of hardware or system details  wont usually count...and be careful about second language  situations.

Rule: NO discussions in the thread.  Let the quote speak for itself and stand alone.

Be careful it doesnt back fire on you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Apr 13, 2014 Apr 13, 2014

oh, and that includes saying, " no I am not setting up the camera on that rallraod tressle .. you moron ! ... unless you get some railroad person here with flags and lights and signals and walkie talkies .. so I know I"m not gonna get squished like a bug and die out there ! "

union or not ( member or not ) jurusidiction is another thing.. ( my union was NYC .. if I went to Africa I aint crying to the union about rules..and to be honest I AM THE UNION .. ITS NOT ANYTHING MORE THAN YOU AND ME ... h

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 127 Replies 127
Explorer ,
Apr 13, 2014 Apr 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

==========

Any one know what time does the Adobe Kids Forum opens today?

==========

what time did you wake up ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hahahahahahahaha!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

snark,

check out diabetes girl in santa thread... she is like the smartest person and maybe the nicest person I ever met in my life. she knows stuff that is way beyond anything I could even begin to talk about. it's impossible to tell you what I mean. Like really " smart " and knows FACTS.... and is really nice. She will say , "Hey the masters is on now and X is leading by X and Y is behind by Z and W is on the 16th hole and so on .. and not only does she know THAT sort of thing.. but she knows the baseball , basketball ( pro and college ) stuff.. plus just about ANYTHING that you talk about.. like she is TOTALLY brilliant..

But she is also like " retarded ".... this is obvious the first 5 seconds you meet her.  There is something WRONG with her.  LIke she is just not " normal ".

She is the nicest person I ever met I think... and see how willing she is to sit for a photo ??? I had to coax her, make her relax and stuff..she took stuff too seriously ( too aware of the camera ).. but she was game.

Anyway, I think she is wonderful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

she has a couple degrees.. you know, eng lit and russ lit masters ( knows tolstoy stuff and so on )... so if I mention something about like " oh, remember when that guy jumped on the window sill in war and peace and was drinking out of a bottle of vodka... " she would like rattle off his name, the names of all the characters in the room at that time, and pronounce all their NAMES correctly !  OMG !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BTW - ever been thanked, acknowledged or marked correct from a "lazy post thread" ?

Hmm. I am not sure. Good question though. I have certainly been marked correct for some really easy answers. Even answers that I had just seen in another thread the same day, and I merely copied the answer. Like with the graphic used by numerous people on how to create a sequence from a clip. joe bloe premiere had a really good one with hands. i liked using that one.

Then there was this one I just found when looking for examples. Pretty easy. It borders on the lazy, but I don't know if it fits for sure. Another one that might fit.

Being thanked or marked correct isn't important in or of itself, but I get your point. If they are too lazy to research their question, then they are likely to be too lazy to come back and even say that it worked, or didn't work, or whatever...

By the way, I am totally missing the meaning of Any one know what time does the Adobe Kids Forum opens today? I should probably get it, but I spent almost the entire day working in the yard and building an 8 foot long planter box for my deck. My wife is afraid people will fall off on the side where there used to be a chain link fence but we had it removed. So I am a bit tired, I guess.

artofzootography.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But I personally feel you have NO CHANCE to get MVP status or become the next author of any books that pay residuals.. so get your money up front if you make any deals...

I agree. The last book I worked on I was just upgrading it and was paid a flat fee. The others that I performed a technical edit on were also a flat fee. I am still getting residuals from Lynda.com for my tutorials though. It isn't much per month any more but it pays for my web site with enough left over for a nice lunch every month. I'll bet that the new titles get paid a lot more since the Lynda.com site probably has exponentially more members nowadays. It was a gamble that paid off handsomely, and still is.

As for MVP, I would have to behave myself a little more and not get trapped into some the discussions that cause people to PM me with questions like "what were you thinking??". So, I agree. It may not be in my future.

If it wasn't so much physical work, I would probably like to try assisting a pro photographer to learn more. I am not sure I could keep up physically anymore though. So I will have to be content with online classes, contests, etc. And a lot of trial and error. I would also like to learn more about television production, so maybe a class at a local college might be fun when I retire.

I am a pretty decent teacher, but there is so much really good free stuff available out there that making money at it, other than through advertising, could be a really tough row to hoe. Especially since virtually everything I know so far has been learned on free sites. Why would someone pay me to see what I learned from real experts? Unless I could present it in a new way? But that is unlikely.

What I would really like to do is spend the rest of my life learning. But along the way, maybe I could present at trade shows, I give a pretty good presentation. I have been doing it professionally at telecommunications trade shows for decades as part of my job. Not on this job, but on the previous few jobs where I worked for manufacturers.That would get me the frequent flier miles, and allow me to see some parts of the country I haven't seen lately. There was just a really cool one going on in Atlanta and there will be one in Las Vegas in September. I don't have the skills to teach classes, but I might be able to work a booth for a smaller company. That kind of thing.

And I would like to get to NAB. Maybe working for some small company in their booth would get me into the hall and pay for my airfare.

There are lots of ways a retired guy could make a little extra money, but making a living with photography or video? Not so easy. I admire those who can or did though.

artofzootography.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, writing and making money at it is tough. There's a friend I know just fiinished a new book and 2nd edition of first one.. and is now into promo for them.. which is a whole nother thing.. a lot of time and work. Book signings, speeches (his books are like motivational things and business oriented management things .. not fiction )..
So he is into that now and it takes a lot of time and stuff... but you put aside that clump of time and do it.. and when it's done you can move on to the next " project"

It's been good for him and pays off but it is  a lot of work and dedication etc. I'm sure it really sucks some days... to keep plodding along.. but he's self disciplined and strong.

But that's his life .. for like the past 30 years.. like many who work in weird stuff where it's not staff and steady.. he made it work for him. Working freelance or per diem is the same thing in some ways.. ( like what I did ). But thank goodness I got a pension coming and had health insurance and so on. Only the unions for actors, crew, musicians, directors, cameramen, all those people... only getting together as freelance workers were they able to get some benefits like that. When you're young that doesnt matter much.. but when you get over 20 years old and get married and stuff .. then it matters.

Unfortunately the word  " union " is generic and misunderstood depending on where it is applied. I have no interest in making those distinctions anymore to anyone. I hope the young people have the balls to speak out about what they have inherited. and do a good job.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh, and that includes saying, " no I am not setting up the camera on that rallraod tressle .. you moron ! ... unless you get some railroad person here with flags and lights and signals and walkie talkies .. so I know I"m not gonna get squished like a bug and die out there ! "

union or not ( member or not ) jurusidiction is another thing.. ( my union was NYC .. if I went to Africa I aint crying to the union about rules..and to be honest I AM THE UNION .. ITS NOT ANYTHING MORE THAN YOU AND ME ... how can you think it is something other than YOU AND ME ??? ....)

Like this country.. THIS LAND IS MY LAND, THIS LAND IS YOUR LAND ... WHO IN GAWDS NAME DO YOU THINK IT BELONGS TO ? OR IS RESPONSIBLE FOR IT ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it wouid be stupid to think the producer of that is not horrified by the accident .. and terribly traumatized by it too.. and he is someone's mother's son.. loved by God as much as you and me... it is a tragedy and an accident. not on purpose.

Lets be sober about THAT at least..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 14, 2014 Apr 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I have 6 seperately saved video projects which I've now been asked to stitch together into one video. Is there a way of doing this easily?"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 16, 2014 Apr 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is an example of a simple and effective well thought out first post by a Member that I consider gets a response ( which I gave him)

In its entirety.:

How can I limit the area where I apply the ultra key.  I have a desk in front of a green screen.  Some of my ultra key effects are casting strange colors on the desk (which is shiny).  Is there a way to limit the areas of the screen where the ultra key is applied?

See how easy it is not to be lazy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 16, 2014 Apr 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

shooternz wrote:

Here is an example of a simple and effective well thought out first

See how easy it is not to be lazy.

Aren't you preaching to the choir?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 18, 2014 Apr 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In its entirety apart from

Adobe Premiere CC Trial Sucks!

I have installed the Adobe Creative Cloud several weeks before, I started the trial version of Adobe Premiere Pro CC but it didn't work. Please help!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 23, 2014 Apr 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Does anyone know how to do "Out of Bounds" In Elements 8" posted in Photoshop Elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 23, 2014 Apr 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hahahahahahaha

they're so stupid

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 28, 2014 Apr 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not just a quote.  You have to read the whole thread.

[The link specifies a user.  Keep the criticism's anonymous, please.]

Message was edited by: Jim Simon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peru Bob,

It is both a little funny and a lot sad. At least the guy stated that he is not computer literate. The best I can do is to try and assist. It is good for my Karma to do that kind of thing. You know?

artofzootography.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I saw your post in the thread.  I hope he follows up on your offer.  It wouldn't surprise me if he doesn't bother, however.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I saw your post in the thread.  I hope he follows up on your offer.  It wouldn't surprise me if he doesn't bother, however.

She is a grandma posting images of knitting (crochet?) of some sort. I think we cut her some slack on this. She was able to e-mail them to me and I posted them for her. I can correct in in Camera RAW but I will stay out of it because I don't have Photoshop Elements. There is probably a color match in that software somewhere.

artofzootography.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 29, 2014 Apr 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not a lazy question but gotta read this

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1461663?tstart=0

Are these folks screwed?

Col

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No comment.

[Link removed, as it specifies a user.]

--OB

Message was edited by: Jim Simon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No comment.

I think this one might fall under the category of "Let me Google that for you!".

So I did.

artofzootography.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just posted in Premiere

how can I create my project and open premiere pro

Is this indicative of the information given to newbies by Adobe, ie its so convoluted that it is easier to post for help than it is to follow links to tutorials?

Col

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Col,

Other than access to help, I don't think Adobe gives info to newbies at all. The information is all on AdobeTV, but people have to know where to look.

The days of a manual are over. But, perhaps, first time users should get links shown to them when they register?

artofzootography.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steven L. Gotz wrote:

Col,

Other than access to help, I don't think Adobe gives info to newbies at all. The information is all on AdobeTV, but people have to know where to look.

The days of a manual are over. But, perhaps, first time users should get links shown to them when they register?

When you go to your desktop CC there are links for tutorials just below the app you installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines