Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The "lazy question" Thread

LEGEND ,
Mar 28, 2014 Mar 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bit of fun for our amusement.

Add to the thread by QUOTING what you consider is a lazy question from a lazy poster...

Lack of hardware or system details  wont usually count...and be careful about second language  situations.

Rule: NO discussions in the thread.  Let the quote speak for itself and stand alone.

Be careful it doesnt back fire on you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Apr 13, 2014 Apr 13, 2014

oh, and that includes saying, " no I am not setting up the camera on that rallraod tressle .. you moron ! ... unless you get some railroad person here with flags and lights and signals and walkie talkies .. so I know I"m not gonna get squished like a bug and die out there ! "

union or not ( member or not ) jurusidiction is another thing.. ( my union was NYC .. if I went to Africa I aint crying to the union about rules..and to be honest I AM THE UNION .. ITS NOT ANYTHING MORE THAN YOU AND ME ... h

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 127 Replies 127
People's Champ ,
Apr 29, 2014 Apr 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you go to your desktop CC there are links for tutorials just below the app you installed.

Oh! Cool!

artofzootography.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 30, 2014 Apr 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My editing PC is connected to my edit rooms dolby level calibrated 5.1 surround. If you have ever accidently played a help video without turning the volume down......... why do they have to normalised to peak mod? (dolby level is 105dBA from each speaker ie very very loud)

Bring back the book.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 11, 2014 May 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still think you are on track with  "not grandfathers oldsmobile and easter" , Rodney?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
May 13, 2014 May 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OldBob1957 wrote:

No comment.

[Link removed, as it specifies a user.]

--OB

Message was edited by: Jim Simon

Oops....

<voice of Maxwell Smart> "Sorry about that, Chief!"

--OB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Apr 29, 2014 Apr 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are these folks screwed?

Probably. Unless the Adobe folks can figure out how to make the cloud storage used for sharing run on a local NAS, then it might work. I don't enough about the Teams product.

artofzootography.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 28, 2014 Apr 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peru Bob,

Not just a quote.  You have to read the whole thread.

It appears that the OP also needs to read their own thread. They obviously are not, or if so, there is a major reading comprehension issue going on.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 28, 2014 Apr 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In its entirety

how do I reset the screen?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 21, 2014 May 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone got an idea for this guy or where to start answering?

I have problem... Premiere Pro CC, Viewing the source or assets are not working or not displaying, but just green screen (or blank screen).  How can I fix them out?  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just the standard questions. "Tell us about your source material", etc.

artofzootography.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh...you mean the standard "J. Smith Reply" . 

Thats rough justice.... but deservedly so. .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, you could word it nicely, and explain why you need to know, and make it seem like we are a bit dense and need their help to understand the issue. Possibly a waste of time, but you never know.

artofzootography.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Posters should just assume we are "a bit dense" and give us something to work with from the get go.

The way some  ask questions indicates how dense/lazy  they are.

I tend to not supply responses to them to avoid bringing out Mr Sarcastic.  Sometimes I can t help myself though

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
May 22, 2014 May 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes I can t help myself though

I get that. There have been a couple posted here that intrigued me, so I tried to help them. But when they never come back to answer the questions, it is rather disappointing.

artofzootography.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
May 13, 2014 May 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, this one qualifies. The title is "Export" and the entire text of the message is:

Even though it looks like it is exporting a p2 movie, nothing appears after it is finished.
artofzootography.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 20, 2014 May 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Is there a way to un-install and then re-install Adobe PE 12?"

Posted in the Premiere Elements forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's another. From the Illustrator forum.

Title: new plug in to support cs5

Entire message: i need the plug in to support cs5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it me or are there an increasing number of posters who:-

a) cannot be bothered to rtfm

b) cannot be bothered to search

c) cannot be bothered to post details as per the instructions.

We have a phrase in the UK...............if all else fails read the instructions

Col

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Biggles Lamb wrote:

Is it me or are there an increasing number of posters who:-

a) cannot be bothered to rtfm

b) cannot be bothered to search

c) cannot be bothered to post details as per the instructions.

We have a phrase in the UK...............if all else fails read the instructions

Col

It isn't just you. And we have the same saying here in the states. Not that anyone seems to bother these days.

I actually read a thread where the original poster stated; "I don't like reading manuals." They really didn't like it when it was pointed out that tutorials and forum questions would only take them so far, and that they were never going to really learn to use a complex piece of software until they did RTFM.

--OB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OldBob1957 wrote:

I actually read a thread where the original poster stated; "I don't like reading manuals."

I don't like brushing my teeth.  But at least I have the sense to know that it needs to be done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 25, 2014 May 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From the Photoshop forum:

"I Need to use only a part  of an image, how can I precisely cut that part so I can use it in a different project? It is an irregular part"

Manual?  I don't need no stinkin' manual.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this thread should be the only thing posted in the lounge

it is a perfect representation of the current prevailing attitude

among those who consider themselves experts

enjoy your smug self image of superiority, ********

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this thread should be the only thing posted in the lounge

it is a perfect representation of the current prevailing attitude

among those who consider themselves experts

Understanding "lazy communication" has always challenged me so I claim no expertise in the field of stupid ...but  I am pleased you will pass on your assistance from expert experience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 05, 2014 Jun 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone help this guy from this?

I asked the people at IT  and they do not even think that I have the program, let alone have a project on it.  Could anyone give me quality information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 02, 2014 Jul 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hmmmm...

I installed premier but when I opened it my phone videos were not there!!

What kind of dumb program is this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 07, 2014 Jul 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

shooternz wrote:

In CC one  can hit "T" and the CTI will go to nearest edit point and automatically open the Trim Monitor ready for a trim of any "flavour".

Not so in CC2014 I discovered today!

One has to set a Trim  on the edit point manually with the mouse then press  "T" to open the Trim Monitor.

Not good ergos or workflow at all.

Man I seriously hope this is a BUG... and not another thing that Adobe thinks is what we want!

I have  a churning gut feeling   about how Adobe is "developing" this application.  I just finished in another  thread about the way Transitions are now adjusted!!!

hahahahahaha!

pretty dum!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines