• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

VFX work flow for Adobe, Noob questions?

New Here ,
Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I am used to working on projects by myself and this the first time I have worked with an editor, so......... I have a friend that made a short film. He is doing the editing and coloring. I am doing the VFX. He works from his home and I work from mine. I am trying to figure out a workflow solution where when he gets an edit done at his house and then he can send me a file to work on the VFX. (He shot the footage in 4k S-Log.) Most of my VFX elements are files from places like Action VFX, or Video Copilot. (they are not in a log format) Does my friend need to color grade all the clips before he sends them to me? What is the best way to get just the clips that need VFX from his Premiere files at his house to after effects at my house? Is there a way to set up a color profile that we can both use so we are in the same space and he can then grade after VFX are done? What do I need to export out of AE so he can easily replace the clips in Premiere? And finally, if you know of any workflow steps that I am missing please let me know. I would like to find a detailed step-by-step tutorial on this subject, if anyone knows of a good one that would be fantastic! Thanks in advance for all your help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?