• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

We pay a subscription for working software

New Here ,
Sep 10, 2022 Sep 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have installed version 22.6.2, available from 09/11/2022 in my location. Before that, I had lost a lot of time. We pay a subscription for working software which has PRO (fessional) in its name.
If not, let's them change their name to Premiere without PRO.
How long do we have to wait for Color Checker Passport? It will probably appear in Premiere when Avid adds it in 10 years.

Mod note: Branched and moved. Title has been changed.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There comes 22.6, then 22.6.1, then 22.6.2 updates within such short period of time

Staff releasing untested buggy updated,
each is worse than the other one
and relying on and using the paying customers as Ginnie pigs

Organization is so big and has been overlooking on this incompetency

Mod note: Post has been edited for content. Please do not disparage others on the forums, including Adobe staff. Refer to our guidelines here. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

or another bug comes along
no thanks to be used  as Ginnie pigs who are the paying customers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 12, 2022 Sep 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But there is a solution. After + 10 years with Adobe Premiere I canceled my subscription and switched this year to Davinci Resolve Studio. It took 1 month to really get used to it but I am very happy and have no regrets. My MacPro finally can use the full potentioal. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't wait to follow you over. What do you use as an After Effects replacement?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fusion or VFX Artist. I work mostly as an editor and stopped taking jobs that require both.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no After Effects replacement.  And just like you use Premiere Pro and After Effects - you can use Resolve and After Effects. Yes, there's no dynamic linking, but so what. I never use dynamic linkming anyways. Fusion will do some of the things After Effects can do...but you can use both.  But after a few weeks of Resolve, Premiere Pro will feel like a toy.  The color correcting in Resolve is nearly miraculous. And the tracking is as good as Mocha but it happens in real time. Just breath taking. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 07, 2022 Dec 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

fusion's latest few updates have taken it closer to Nuke if that's your game. There's no real replacement for After effects if you mean "compositing software that uses layers". seems nodes are everything anyone cares about these days. Still, I was able to switch mid-production, and I was able to get some effects. Masking IMO could use some quality of life improvement, but I was playing back 6k raw, 17gb files with effects in near realtime, and that made learning how to use it and using it just as fast for production as I was with AE.

It really does take a month or two to get used to all the features. be sure to have a project or two lined up to learn.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I moved most of my editing to Resolve just under a year ago.  I have one client who does an annual video.  Shooter captures HEVC.  I tried his latest footage in Pr 2022, and like last year, it won't play well in real-time, and shuttling is a no-go.  I have a super-duper 2019 MacPro, too.  I proxied all my footage.  Then, I tried bringing it into Resolve.  Night and Day.  Resolve plays smoothly, and I can shuttle the CTI and don't need to use proxies.  Pr seems to have always had issues simply playing unaffected footage, even in the source viewer, with certain codecs.

I mainain my CC subscription, though, because I use Ae, Ps, Ai, and AME. 

I had to update a two year old project last week, and it was a lot easier to do it in Pr, the NLE I used originally, than to transfer it over to Resolve.

I do give Adobe props for the vast improvments in captioning.  It auto generates pretty accurate text from audio files, and being able to format open captions after creation is long overdue, and much appreciated.  I'll keep using Pr for captioning unless or until BMD eclipses Pr with a better, faster tool.  Captioning isn't as fun as a barrel of monkeys, but being able to offer a side service to existing clients is a pay generator, and adds to our value as a provider of post services.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 14, 2022 Sep 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a cure...just be brave and switch to Resolve 18 - it is amazing. Makes Premiere look and feel like a toy. The basic problem with Premiere is that its still sitting on very old code. And why Adobe doesn't start from scratch and create something amazing is beyond me. They certainly have enough of "our money" to do so. Now Resolve has a descent size learning curve... but patience and perseverance will pay off in the long run. I promise you.

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/45678991-fire-all-the-respo...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@75er 

Rosolve isn't trouble free (https://forum.blackmagicdesign.com/viewforum.php?f=21).

The last thing the video editing industry needs is another Final Cut Pro "start from scratch and create something amazing".

If Resolve supported ProRes on the Windows side, I could consider using it more often.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I'm not a Windows person (thank god) I didn't know it doesn't support ProRes. 

When Final Cut X first came out, Apple was trying to re-invent the wheel. It was a stupid move. Adobe could keep doing Premiere as it is...as they secretly come up with something better. OK...I'm over-estimating their creative skill-set.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 25, 2023 Apr 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sadly, this time the "start from scratch" is a necessity.
also, prores isn't supported, because apple doesn't allow them to use it. adobe is apple blessed, and an exception. prores is terrible. it would be good, but you're not allowed to use it how you want, so it's terrible. like a claw hammer you're only allowed to use on screws.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@allen24

@nubnubbud 

Apple ProRes is fully supported with the Adobe video and audio applications for macOS and Windows.  Even Photoshop can import it.  It's an excellent mezzanine CODEC for either platform or for cross-platform.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

unless you're using blender or nuke or resolve-
RESOLVE.
APPLE DENIED INDUSTRY STANDARD COLOR CORRECTION SOFTWARE THE ABILITY TO USE THEIR RAW COLOR GRADING MEZZANINE FORMAT.

I would say apple is the kid in the corner of the class that eats glue. but that would be an insult to glue-eaters.
even the kid who eats glue is just having fun and not twelve miles up his own rear about it. I'd rather be with an idiot I need to keep safe than a jerk who makes me thank him for abusing me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@nubnubbud 

Sounds like a feature request for Black-magic Design and for Blender!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 06, 2023 May 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Warren Heaton 
it can't be a feature request. that's the same as requesting Nintendo to vandalize the nearest playstation factory.

You don't just ask a company to break the law, and expect it to happen, you neanderthal.
black magic design has support, but only on macs. everyone else can screw themselves, and apple holds the keys to the courthouse because it's their format, and they sue whoever implements it without their express permission. just like autodesk using FBX to try screwing over their users. same thing. guess who asked for permission? black magic and blender.

that's why it is considered a crap format, and VFX artists just use MXF and DNxHR. Prores is useless unless you're a preppy, consumerist, brainwashed nobody in a corporate cultural vacuum, willing to spend pentouple the cash for three generation old performance on a laptop, and think it'll be a useful rendering station so you can make some dumb tiktok videos. yeah, it'll do that.

I'll be over here rendering my 6.5K comps in Nuke and filling my GPU with 30GB of models in Blender using EXR and  DNxHR as a mezzanine format, or OP1a and packaging it like a prores to fool editors who won't accept anything else, and going through resolve because Adobe can handle EXR like an infant handles a box of razor blades.

I may not have prores, but god I'm glad I don't have to deal with giving up my rights so I can look at a piece of aluminum.
I upgraded my $900 laptop's VRAM capacity for its 3050 to 32GB for $50, and I can get it to 64 for another 50. try that with an M1, suckers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 06, 2023 May 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@nubnubbud 

If your post is going to be a hostile rant, kindly refrain from posting it in the first place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are a true poet. Or at least you're trying to be. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 19, 2023 May 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All these problems go away by switching to Davinci Resolve. A superior editing program in every possible way. And you tell the program what color space you want to work in. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2022 Oct 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree this level of failure is truly inexcusable given the pivot and promise of the subscription model. I have found Davinci Resolve to be vastly superior and enjoyable in reliability, updates, workflow, speed and ease of use. Unfortunately I have one large project that is hard to migrate, so I have been pulling my hair out, ever since I moved to my new MBP M1 Max. Premiere is completely unusable and freezes on playback. I have to resort to my Macbook Air. Once I migrate to Davinci successfully, I will be saying good riddance to Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@davek29586982 

Sorry to hear that you are having trouble.

I wish it was easier to determine why you're experiencing poor performance while my 16-inch M1 Max MacBook Pro edges out my 2019 Mac Pro with just about everything I throw at it in Premiere Pro, After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Media Encoder.

-Warren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try putting some red footage in there… Maybe some 6K Red footage and it will bring your computer to a grinding halt. And it plays like butter in Resolve.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, mainly working with RED Raw 6-8k. It is buttery in DaVinci and absolutly nightmare in Premiere on our Mac Pro 2019 with 24 Cores and Radeon 7...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 05, 2022 Oct 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe could fix all this… They can make premiere run as well as resolve if they would spend the time and the money. They would have to throw out all the old code and start over again. They just don't want to do it. They're too busy counting our money.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines