• Noobs that refuse to RTFM
  • FCP converts that persist in converting to intermediate formats
  • Noobs that use non-editable material and complain all the time
  • Jungfrau marathon after 37.8 km

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Nov 22, 2013 Nov 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I went out on the city managers boat last summer I asked her the same question. She grew up on a farm or something in IOWA or someplace. So she would know about stuff like this IMO.  Like, what's with the seagulls ? How come they are here ?  And she said, " I don't know ".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I remember living in California, we were about 30 miles from Malibu beach and seagulls were everywhere.  I remember in Jr. High school students getting poop bombed.  Truamatic for a young teen!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hehe.. CHUCK !   WHERE YOU BEEN ????  Good to see you ...hope all is well... I miss your snapshots of horse farms etc...

You wanna hear something about " TRUMATIC " , boy do I have a STORY FOR YOU !  But it is really really DISGUSTING ! so be fore warned....

I was working on some movie called 'the commandment' or something like that...starring aiden Quinn ??? (sp ? ) . He's cool , and his brothers are in film biz too.

Anyway, this is going back a long time now... when that movie was getting made. I have no clue how it turned out or anything. I was just working as a grip on the thing and went to some beach area on Long Island ( motels provided for crew ) to work a few days on some shot.

The " shot " was with this fake WHALE... Basically the set contruction guys had been out there building this fake whale for a while. Then props and set dressers etc got there and made fake whale less FAKE looking ( not to mention scenics etc ). So when I GOT THERE with the shooting crew the whale was already there on the beach, looking like a giant stranded WHALE.

It turns out that this particular scene(s) with fake whale has this actor coming OUT OF THE WHALE ( kinda like the biblical character Jonah maybe ???? ).  And so this actor ( Aiden, gawd bless him for putting up with this horrendous situation cause I have no clue how he didn't just puke his guts out being in this scene )....comes out of this fake whale.

To make the scene realistic looking what happens is this actor cuts his way out of the whale ...and the whale STOMACH contents SPILL OUT onto the beach.. and out of this MESS of DEAD FISHES FROM THE WHALE'S STOMACH  our actor comes out and looks around him and does some acting stuff.

YUCK !  You have no idea how disgusting this was.  There were literally TONS of these dead fish trucked onto the beach and dumped into the FAKE WHALE ( via huge dump trucks )...  ON TOP OF THE ACTOR.....OMG !....and then he cuts his way OUT and along with TONS of dead fishes stumbles around doing his acting stuff.

Now, imagine this is a beach in the summer, the temp is about 1000 degrees, on the SAND of a BEACH ....and it is like REALLY HOT ...and the AIR IS STILL ( no breeze ).

AND you got about 6000 tons of DEAD FISH being trucked to this GIANT WHALE PROP ....some of the trucks ( as there will be multiple takes ) are just SITTING THERE in the sun waiting to dump their fish loads into the whale.

When the fish come pouring out of the whale about a gazillion prop people have to scoop up the dead fish, get them out of the picture frame, and deposit them ( full of sand sticking to them ) someplace out of sight.... ( this was a temporary pile of dead used fish down the beach a ways from the shooting area ).

Does this not make you just wanna puke already ?????  And the actor was actually ( really, I'm not kidding ) right in the middle of these disgusting dead fishes ....

Anyway, that's NOTHING.. Here comes the REALLY DISGUSTING PART ....

At first everything was kinda cool and moving along nicely. First take, not too bad.. actor a bit disgusted and obviously not happy with his now fish drenched clothes and his entire body and soul trying to fight off the onslaught of dead fish slime and aroma..... Take 2 ....

Now things start to get interesting.. more dump trucks dump more dead fish into whale. Actor gets inside the whale and more dead fish dumped on top of him....

Meanwhile, which nobody seemed to anticipate earlier.... about 2 BILLION SEAGULLS SWOOPED DOWN FROM THE SKY .. coming from out of the blue ....like one second it was just us shooting crew... and the next second there was 2 BILLION SEAGULLS !

THIS GOT WORSE by the minute ...with yet MORE SEAGULLS coming from GOD ONLY KNOWS WHERE ....I am not kidding... this was like the worst seagull attack you can possibly imagine....

What was the most disgusting part of this whole thing ( To make this short ).. is that the seagulls would grab a dead fish, tilt its head up to the sky, and swallow that fish WHOLE... like it just slid down its gullet... without even a single " bite ".  AND TO MAKE THIS WORSE.. that same seagull would do this until it had about 17 TIMES ITS BODY WEIGHT of dead fish down its gullet... so much so that it could NOT FLY ANYMORE.

OMG !!!!!

This happened by the THOUSANDS ....really.. thousands of seagulls feasting on tons of dead fish.. it was the most disgusting thing I ever saw in my life !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so trust me Chuck.. poop from a seagull is nothin compared to some of what they are capable of

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Dec 17, 2013 Dec 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To resurrect this thread, and returning to the original subject; there seem to be a new host of them this week. A typical one from the Photoshop forum:

Title:

problem : random text changes in Photosop CC

Entire message:

I did not find solution for this problem. Who can help me ?

Patrick (France)

After I post the link to the "How to get answers quickly' FAQ umpteen times a day for post after post like this, I eventually give up for a while again.

It's either that, or I am going to go off on one of these... um... people, who apparently think we're all mind readers.

And as I've always said; I don't read minds, I write them!

--OB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 18, 2013 Nov 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can imagine the karma around an "abandoned Girl Scout camp." Just think of the "spirits" roaming around such a place, far out in the woods, with no electricity, no phones, darkness of the primeval forest everywhere, owls, wolves, bears and some little "see-through" girl, selling cookies at your cabin door, with the full Moon's light coming right through her...

Had to have been a spooky place, right from the start.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 12, 2013 Nov 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that ranch sounds like fun. Maybe I would have done better, to nix the idea of a "trout ranch," and concentrate on gun activities for women, maybe shooting and cooking the Prairie Grouses, or is that "Grice?"

Going back some years, I took several defensive handgun classes. Ninety-nine percent of the attendees were men, and most were in some area of criminal justice, or the military. Four years later, my wife took two of those classes, and the groups were about 25% female, with most just being everyday people, and only a couple in criminal justice. The times were changing, even back in the late '80s and early '90s. My partner, who was one of the principles of the school, allowed that the ladies were usually their best pupils, as they did not have any pre-conceived ideas about defensive handguns, and were there to seriously learn, rather than show off what they thought they knew. Some of the worst were those in "near" police situations, such as prison guards, and security personnel. They mostly seemed to be ill-informed, and too full of "macho." Now, the best students were "training officers" from rural departments. Even the training officers from metro departments were pretty poor, which was frightening.

Because of her small stature, and her proficiency, my wife was featured in the intro video, as a real success story, showing that a small lady could efficiently handle a .45ACP semi. For years, that video was the intro for even elite handgun classes, for the likes of several Seal Teams and Delta Force - though few of those students were female. One day in San Diego, a Naval officer stopped my wife on the street, and asked, "Pardon me, but aren't you the lady with the .45 on a training video?" Her answer was, "Yes I am, and thank you for your service."

I should have been able to see the "handwriting on the wall," and rather than try to affiliate with Orvis, should have chosen Benelli instead? Right now, Blackberry Farm is planning on adding one "girls only" shotgun event, and might need to add another.

Yeah, if it were not for bad business decisions, I would have no business decisions - but the trout ranch DID sell, so I can sleep at night.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines