• Noobs that refuse to RTFM
  • FCP converts that persist in converting to intermediate formats
  • Noobs that use non-editable material and complain all the time
  • Jungfrau marathon after 37.8 km

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 11, 2013 Nov 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1 - by the time they ask a question for the "2nd... 3rd... 4th... whatever" time when they have been told they need to RTM

2 - no comment, I'm on Windows

3 - see answer #1

4 - I don't run (bad knee)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1- Most would be better off with Elements

2- Post Houses that only accept Prores, I'm on a PC

3- Phone makers that use variable frame rate

4- I let my son do the running

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You get tired after a few months. It just gets worse as time goes on so most of us develop a live and let live attitude.

Truthfully, what happens is that you stop answering the questions for a while, then, one day, you realize nobody has answered, so you get roped back into answering. You do this until you get good and tired again, and the cycle continues.

Reading the manual is old fashioned, don't you know? So I just keep pointing them to the Eagle and to the Creative Cow tutorials. I continue to say nice things about Lynda.com - would you believe that I still get paid a little every month for my Premiere Pro 1.5 tutorials from 2004? Lynda is really a delightful, intelligent, competant woman. I had lunch with her one day and it was quite memorable.

I can understand why they thyink that an intermediate is needed, but we just have to keep at it. We need to get the point across as best we can by telling them to try it out for themselves.

As for non-editable media, I don't believe that there really is such a thing. Not really. There are always going to be people who try to edit highly compressed video, but that is their problem. They will have to get used to the fact that Premiere Pro is not designed to stitch together media without a loss in quality. We are going to see more and more of this as more and more people figure out that they can accomplish a lot with a free trial, and that $50 per month is a bargain if they use enough of the programs. But almost all media can be edited. It is just the quality that is an issue. I was surprised to find that FLV files are not supported anymore. Seems like a mistake to me.

I have never run more than a 20K run. And the only marathon I have ever watched was the women at the 1984 Olympics.

artofzootography.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,
Nov 12, 2013 Nov 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running feels like this:

Glacier 3000 Run

Glacier 3000.png

Jungfrau Marathon

Jungfrau marathon.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A guy on another forum who persists in advising users of Window editing programs to convert source files to Prores.

He really bugs me when he advising Edius users to convert to Prores when Edius probably has the best transcoding software there is should you have a PC that cannot handle native material.

A certain user on this forum who has many posts and yet persists in degrading others who give advice that is either in conflict with his (clue there as to gender) or an alternative.

Idiots who post.....................will someone make me a promo?

Those who post a question when someone else has posted the same query a few posts earlier

Finally.............that Adobe does not acknowledge that many, many users do not want a subscription system, especially when it is extorting more money out of us than upgrades did.

Reading posts on the Adobe forums about bugs, here, bugs there.............................there product development really sucks at times

Rant over

On the plus side, its 11:15 here in the UK, and I am pondering why am I sat here talking to you guys when I could be outside under the blue cloudless skies (a rarity at this time of year)?  Where is my gardening kit?  Bye

Col

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Folk who treat the answers to simple questions (What platform are you on? What are the specs. of your Source Footage? What is your Project/Sequence Preset? What are the specs. of your Export? etc.) as "state secrets," and keep complaining that NOTHING works.
  2. Folk who will get a dozen replies to a question/problem, never revisit that thread again, but will then post the same question to the same forum again, and again.
  3. Folk who shoot 4K, then output to DVD-Video, and complain that the resultant disc is not as crisp as their original 4K footage, and blame their copy of Premiere for that.
  4. Folk who would watch a televised marathon, in real-time...
  5. Folk who see clear, sunny days in the UK, this time of the year... Last month, we arrived just as a "named storm" swept through the Isles!

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I come back here will that be some weird signal that Jim Simon will then post 5 pages of " the world according to Jim " ?  Or is he now ( thank Gawd ) one of the actors on that new reality TV show " Survivors On Desert Island " and won't be back until 22 episodes are in the can ?

The suggestion that a fake poster credit to sell a fake movie won't be taken as a suggestion somebody actually BECOMES a director.

( burp, scuse me , its BEER THIRTY YIPEE ! )

I take umbrage ( is that the word I want ? ) with the 4k debacle. I shot red test stuff on card limited to 2k on card and had to downscale using redcine X to mov h264 using the mouse... just to get it INTO the mouse... and the quality suffered a lot ( and thank gawd Jim asked if I would ever do color correction on that sample I shared , cause it really helped me to get beat up in a forum where nobody has cc monitors anyway , least of all me who is color blind anyway ).

My opinion is that if someone wants to take 4k footage, put it in a paper bag and set it on fire, and leave it at some creepy neighbors front door , ring their bell and run away , on Halloween.. more power to them !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nothing like a little vino with your varmints....

http://tmagazine.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/11/12/food-matters-the-professional-women-who-hunt-shoot-and...

this girl was my 4th wife until she ran off with the dog ( english pointer named " Rodney " )

that first pic looks real !

I bet steve can do that for the " potato chip eater in theatre " shot ???

I'm gonna make some puta fresca now, and meld with my girl friends with bigger balls than me !

time to drink the cooking sherry.. ran out of coors lite ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At two recent "gun events" at Blackberry Farm, about 40% of the attendees were female. What I do not know is how many of those attened with a spouse, or male companion, and how many attended as solo females, or with female companions.

Now, the wine events run about 50-50 female-male, while the culinary events run about 60-40 (opposite of the gun events), female - male. Still, that attendance ratio for the gun events was a bit of a surprise to me.

As some of the gun events were trap, skeet or sporting clays, there was little "gutting and eating" on the agenda.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rod,

My complaint was not with shooting at a higher-rez, and then down-rezzing that material to be authored to a limited medium, such as DVD-Video, but with the posters trying to compare the original footage, in its high-rez glory vs the material on that DVD-Video.

I think that I should possibly have worded my "peeve" a bit better.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah, I know that.. I was just reflecting on my own probs with stupid ' mouse '... etc.

did you check out that ny times article thing ? OMG... I wanna move there and be the only guy on the RANCH !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

she said, " someone should pluck ME " .. yikes !  count me IN !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just re-heated the onion soup which smells wonderful ( was in fridge overnight ). Got gruyere cheese and fresh mozz today ( food store got new batch of gruyere ).

Soooo, I think this food stuff is getting to my male hormones or something.. when chics start hunting and gutting and I assume some of them might know how to actually COOK the stuff ...instead of just coming back to " camp " and dumping dead meat at the feet of their male companions ?

geez, what a freaking nightmare that article implies for the " creative woman " .  And her NAILS WERE PERFECT !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rod,

Another of my "pet peeves," is people, who talk about good food, when I have not eaten...

Good luck with that onion soup. I think that we have having some form of dead chicken tonight.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Better dead chicken than live chicken. A lot easier to eat.

artofzootography.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steven,

I completely agree. I have been served Balut, and did not enjoy it. Once, in Southeast Asia, I was offered live chicks, thrown into hot oil, then served in a newspaper. Not my thing. No, dead chicken is more like it, at least for me. Tonight will be Red Bird Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts, smoked in an Emeril Lagasse Hickory Smoking Bag, served with a lovely Romanée-Conti red Burg.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Nov 13, 2013 Nov 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have simpler tastes. I am addicted to Costco chicken. $4.99 gets me two servings of a delicious bird. Add some vegetables and I have stuck to my diet. No fuss, no muss. And Costco is on the way home from work.

artofzootography.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mmmm... chicken sounds good. Instead of costco I use local food store sometimes for chick to go...is whole chick rotisserrie (sp? ). Only complaint is they are a little on fhe fatty side ( I've wondered if something is injected into the meat to make it more juicey ?? )  Cause the meat isnt fatty, it's the juice that is kinda fatty.  But its good anyway.

$6.50 approx for it...good for 2 meals.

I want what Bill's having.. the smoked thing...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanksgiving soon, so I get to make Turkey soup http://www.pacifier.com/~jtsmith/FishSoup.doc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mmmm.. that stuff looks good. thanks for sharing recipes.

now you got my mouth watering for thanksgiving feast

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

File is named FishSoup because the 1st recipe I put in, before adding others, was for Bouillabaisse... which I think I will do sometime early next year, or maybe for a New Year's Eve dinner party with 2-3 kinds of white wine (just turned around and talked to wife, at the computer on the other side of our office... Fish Soup Dec 31... early enough that everyone can drive home before there are many drunks on the road)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now I'm wondering if the local food store will have chestnuts for thanksgiving dressing I like to make. Last year the mgr said they " were on the way " to store.. and they never showed up. bummer.  had to make dressing without roasted chestnuts in it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>dressing without roasted chestnuts

But... do you have an open fire for roasting your nuts?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Christmas_Song

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In New York them sell them on the street, already roasted.

artofzootography.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines