• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why does Handbrake help fix footage problems that an expensive SUBSCRIPTION to Adobe cannot fix?

New Here ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! And why does a free software like Handbrake help us fix severe footage problems yet an expensive SUBSCRIPTION to Adobe cannot fix the problem? /2

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually every application used can fix the sound problem but Premiere...and they want my money? Yeah sure...dream on

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an absolute disgrace that this has not been updated! Adobe is one of the leaders in the game and it charges so much! Seriously, this needs to be fixed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How is this still a problem? Having an issue today March 1 2021. I'm actually losing my whole day for what should have been 10-minute project. What exactly am I paying for?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is seriously so annoying! Come on Adobe... please fix this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you drove on a road full of potholes, do you complain to the manufacturer of your car for the bumpy ride? Or to the city for not maintaining the road? Because you're doing the equivalent of complaining to the car manufacturer for driving on bad roads.

If you bring in bad files that Premiere can't handle, blame the files, not Premiere. As most of you have noticed, there are solutions but because Adobe hasn't implemented something in a way that suits you, somehow they're in the wrong?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You literally comparing apples to oranges! A software that advanced MUST be able to fix things. 

The specific problem is not even rocket science, other similar applications fixing it successfully behind the scenes, even applications of the same company does fixing it, but no, not the Premiere. (facepalm) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been following this thread for nearly 6 months and this is the worst advice so far. In my case, I tried to use Adobe Audition to fix the audio issue and it didn't work where the opensource Audacity did. If you think that this is not a deficit in this premium software stack, you are dreaming.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I have a problem I can fix in a separate free program, and I am paying for Adobe; therefore, Adobe should be able to fix the problem."

That logic does not follow.

Different programs do different things. I wish Adobe would implement better handling of video file properties so we don't have to recommend people download the (free) Mediainfo app. But I don't post on the forums demanding Adobe acquiesce to my every whim and desire and understand that a company has different priorities than me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd have to respectfully dissagree Jeff. I think the logic from your first post is a false equivelency in my mind, albiet I do think I totally understand where you're coming from. People do tend to have unrealistic expectations as a general rule, especially when they pay for something. However I don't think this is one of those times.

I guess I just don't think it's unreasonable to expect that when a client of mine hits the download button on one of the most popular social media's on the planet (instagram) and then sends me that video, that I should be able to drop it into my NLE and have no issues. Sounds like pretty basic functionality to me.

In general there's a lot of nuance to problems I've had with Premiere Pro. Meaning some stuff I've come across I found to be reasonable and fair that the program struggles. Whereas there's other things such as this where I scratch my head.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're claiming my argument is a false equivelency, what do you call your argumentum ad populum? Apparently Adobe should base it's business model on the popularity of Instagram videos being re-edited.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My point certainly doesn't fall under argumentum ad populum, at all. Not sure where you get that from.

Anyways, you're being dramatic. Don't expect any further responses from me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 01, 2021 Jun 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is still an issue, with no adobe staff assistance, I'm gonna cancel my subscription in a minute

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

still an issue...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2021 Nov 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi this did not help at all. Please fix, you still havent made an update. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't believe this problem still persists,   Yes you can convert in Handbrake,  but i'm working with 100's of clips from the web at a time.    How is has this problem been ongoing since 2017 and still not fixed?   Premiere Pro is quite literally rendered useless to me and my company until this is fixed.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2021 Dec 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seriously Adobe you guys are a 12 billion dollar company, and can't fix a basic issue like this.

A 5 minute job took me a hour to complete. I had to use a free software "handbrake" to get this fixed.

We are not paying monthly for small errors like this. 

Fix it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2022 Jan 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

STILL A PROBLEM IN 2022!

Come on Adobe...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines