• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is Premiere Pro so crap!?

New Here ,
Sep 16, 2019 Sep 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies as this is more a rant than a request for help...I am fulltime filmmaker but only part time editor.  I got myself a new state of the art, high powered PC 4 months ago with the latest Premiere CC on Window s 10 and it is utter crap!  It is so laggy that even watching proxied footage on 1/8 resolution stick and stutters.  I keep having to go through the same process- i tell tech support, they take over my computer, they spend 20 mins checking/deleting/setting things and the computer will be running fine (not well enough for me to view 4k footage in my timeline, but well enough that at least the proxies work) but within a few weeks it gets worse and worse to the point where i have to go through the procedure again.  I am really at my wits end.  I have been paying the monthly subscription to adobe for 4 years now and this is actually the worst their system has ever been.  Ive never been closer to switching to final cut...

Sorry for the rant, thanks for listening 🙂

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 18, 2020 Jul 18, 2020

Heather never returned. Too bad. We wanted to help. She just wanted to complain. I guess.

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want help post comp specs, OS and Pr build and exact media used.

Otherwise I will move the thread to the Video Lounge (perfect place for rants ;-).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would agree with @Ann Bens, we can provide further support if we have the computer's specs, "...OS and Pr build and exact media used."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 10, 2020 May 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro is an abslutely loathsome piece of software. I've just paid for my year of Adobe CC, but it's going to be my last. I'm so sick of finding workarounds for things that can and should be easy - and certainly are in other software. When this year is up I'm fully switching to Resolve. I might keep AE, but I'm fed up with Adobe's laziness in fixing things they should have fixed 5 years ago. I've never known a company to care so little about their users. They have to change or professionals will stop using their stuff. The production company I work at hates Premiere and is looking at moving from it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 10, 2020 May 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to the video lounge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah just move every rant or complaining post to the video lounge, its the "easy way" when getting criticism, it seems. You know there are also something called "ignoring", why not just ignore rants/complaints instead of moving them all into one place 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Premiere Pro forum is for technical help.  This is the proper forum to rant.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 18, 2020 Jul 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rants and complaints do not help people solve problems in Premiere Pro. It's just NOISE, and a large majority of readers simply do not even want to see it.

By and large, most of the problems people have with Premiere Pro are from inexexperienced editors. Example, I edit with Premeire Pro, have decades of experience and I simply do not experience any of these issues.

User errors, incompatible or weak hardware, poor workflow habits (like system maintenance), or simple carelessness are at the heart of such rants. Many editors do not even have a dedicated high speed media drive, or see the worth of that, for starters.

Not saying that there aren't any bugs, but...you are complaining that your complaints are not getting enough emphasis where people are actually trying to get some help? A bit much, I think.

Plus, what is the purpose of complaints or rants when no one is here to hear that complaint except for fellow users? You want to get that criticism in front of those that actually work on those products. I don't. I'm just in support.

Sorry you did not know that devs do not read these user to user forums. I would suggest you get those complaints over to user voice where they actually read posts.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gibons,

You never returned with specs. Hope you solved your issue.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First they charge you so much money and give a crap and buggy software. Everybody who is chanting about configuration and crap i have

i7 9th gen gpu gtx 1660 6gb ddr5 and ddr 4 16 gb ram and and premiere pro still runs like crap 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kaku,

You didn't mention your high speed media drive. You need one or your performance will truly suck. What are you running? 

Long GOP media? Transcode.

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Heather never returned. Too bad. We wanted to help. She just wanted to complain. I guess.

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines