• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dreamweaver highlighting when I insert cursor

Explorer ,
Dec 02, 2018 Dec 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I'm editing in code view and I want to add something, I click my mouse where I want to add something. At this point nothing should be highlighted since I haven't dragged over anything but Dreamweaver highlights the whole line or more. It's really distracting.  I only want things highlighted when I drag my curson over something, not when I insert the cursor into an empty spot to add something.  Is there some easy way to stop this? I'm using CC 2019 but I've had the same problem with earlier versions.

Thanks,

Liz

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 03, 2018 Dec 03, 2018

I did not realise that each theme had a different document and line numbering. The important thing is to change the colouring of the '.CodeMirror-matchingbracket, .CodeMirror-matchingtag' identifyer. For the Light theme, this is line #334.

The result before:

The result after:

The code:

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 02, 2018 Dec 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Follow the this procedure, calling the newly created Theme, Custom or similar.

main.less will open in Dreamweaver. Goto line #249 and change that accordingly as per

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 03, 2018 Dec 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made a new theme and changed 249 to background-color: transparent;

It didn't help. I get the exact same results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you save the new document and apply the new Theme?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I clicked apply when I made the changes. I had already closed the document.  When I opened it again I saw the same problem. I created a new document and had the same problem.  I don't know how to make the theme apply to specific documents.  I assumed that switching to my new theme in preferences it would apply to all documents. 

By the way, the problem happens when I click inside any type of tag such as

<div class="content-center">

<li><a href="/yosemite.shtml">YOSEMITE</a></li>

or a JavaScript tag, or link tag, etc.  It does not happen in the middle of text that is not within tags. Sorry, should have specified that but since I was only trying to change things within tags I didn't notice.

Liz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be honest, I don't even notice the highlighting anymore.   My theme has a dark highlight instead of transparent background.  If it still won't take, try adding !important to your rule.  Hit Ctrl+S to save your main.less file.  Close file.  Apply new theme.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I put !important; and it did not change anything. My highlighting is still dark orange, it didn't even make it transparent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which Theme are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made my own theme based on "light"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK.  I'm using 2019 version.

I created a NewLight theme based on Light and opened the main.less file to edit.

I sscrolled down to line 332.

I changed the darkorange background to #333.   Saved main.less file.

Went to Edit > Preferences > Interface.  Selected NewLight theme and hit Apply.

Below is my result.   It's still highlighting matching tags but as you can see the background color has changed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Changing the color of the highlight is nice but it's not what I asked for help with. I do not want it to highlight entire tags when I inset my cursor to change text within a tag.  I do want a highlight color when I'm dragging within a tag or outside of a tag but I only want exactly what I've dragged over to be highlighted.  That was and still is my original question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry if that's not all that you hoped for.  I can't prevent the highlight from happening.  All I can do is show you how to modify the color scheme to make it less obvious.  After a while, you won't even notice it anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not realise that each theme had a different document and line numbering. The important thing is to change the colouring of the '.CodeMirror-matchingbracket, .CodeMirror-matchingtag' identifyer. For the Light theme, this is line #334.

The result before:

The result after:

The code:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yay!  That one worked.  Had to change the font color from white to something dark because the code just dissapeared once the highlight was gone but once I changed it to black I could see it.  Thanks so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines