• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MOUSE_WHEEL problems (browser scrolling, mac osx support) AS3 Flash 9.0.45

New Here ,
Jul 01, 2007 Jul 01, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm using Flex Builder 2 to build an AS3 SWF project. Scrolling the mouse while the flash player has focus causes the containing page in the browser to scroll up and down if scrollable. Also, the MOUSE_WHEEL event doesn't fire on Mac OSX+Firefox 2.0.4. Can get around the 2nd problem with a javascript scrolling event in the containing page that calls the SWF handler using ExternalInterface.

Whats the best solution? Thinking about using ExternalInterface along with disabling scrollwheel support in the Browser. People are just gonna have to scroll the containing page the old fashioned way! haha

Adobe Flash team probably knows about this already, but a fix someday would be very cool :D!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2007 Jul 20, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
yes, fix this problem please.

I made my own custom scroll bar type component. i need scroll bar to work with it.

scroll bar works perfect but the web browser also scrolls at the same time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines