• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fix the storage errors now!

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 23, 2019 Oct 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We know that many of you had been struggling with the error where the app was asking for more storage on the device and wasn’t a pleasant experience.  

But the fix is here! We’ve released an update for the app today.  

Simply update the app on your device and this error will no longer appear.Simply update the app on your device and this error will no longer appear.

If you’re still facing the issue please let us know here.  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2019 Oct 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue is still there. Adobe Fresco asks for 3GB free storage and doesnˋt start without freeing the memory. For what does Fresco need so much storage ? All projects have about 300 Mb . 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 28, 2019 Oct 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Willhelm.

The Photoshop library we use to read/write files requires 2GB; we ask for an additional 1GB for the flexibility because if there  is less than 2GB, the Ps code requires that the app be restarted. 

Sue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

3GB of free space is a lot for  just loading this app. There is no other drawing app, which has this behaviour. So, it would be great , if the developers could find  a way  to let this app work with smaller amounts  of free storage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My iPad Still stops the already installed program from starting 

Says it needs 3gb free space

I have 3gb free space but that's it. But the program is installed and worked before 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Larsjohan.

Will you send me a screenshot of your iPad Storage screen (Settings > General > iPad Storage)?

If you're okay with doing that, please don't post it here but email it to me at frescohelp@adobe.com.

Thanks. 

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2019 Oct 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have freed up 3,1gb and now the program starts

but I dont understand why a program wich I already installed and used , all of a sudden needs 3gb free disk space. 

Advanced programs like Affinity designer or Clip studio pro or Procreate doesnt need that space.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi larsjohanh4591322 ,

I understand the troubles that the app has caused to you. 

I'll make sure I pass on the feedback to the developers so that we can improve. 

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Larsjohan

We know this storage requirement can be confusing.

Because Fresco uses the Photoshop file format, it has the same high memory requirements as Photoshop.

What Fresco actually needs is a lot of runtime memory. When we need to use more memory than there is RAM on the device, then we use storage space as a slow form of memory (virtual memory); 3GB gives us enough space to know we can use the memory required for Photoshop file functionality.

I hope that clarifies it a bit. 

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2019 Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But i still dont  think Frescos functonality correlate with the need for the 9GB space it takes on my iPad. I only have a few test documents in my gallery.

is it the imported kyle weber brushes that use all this memory?

Art studio PRO utses 856 mb, procreate 1,57 gb, Affinity designer 1,73.
Procreate have à LOT of imported brush-sets but still noll needs 1,57.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I understand the issues that you're facing and the troubles that the app is causing to you. 

I'll pass on the feedback to our engineers here. 

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Extremely frustrating! Got the app updated yesterday and I've lost every single thing I've worked on today.... every time gives an error.. and what's more frustrating is that despite I've been at points able to export, when I did it the last time, not only did not saved but it overwrote to a version I was working 4 hours before! Help pleaseeeeee

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi SilvinaMarchisio,

That's not the right behaviour. Can you please confirm me what is the error message that you get? Also which version of the app are you using? 

Did you login to the app using your Adobe ID? You can also check if your files are synced on Cloud documents.

Let me know if that helps!

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2019 Nov 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I’m encountering this issue when I try to open one of my drawings, it says to free up space on my device but I have 38GB free on my iPad Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 27, 2019 Nov 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I'm sorry that you're facing this issue with the app. 

Just need a little more info here- Is this issue happening with a particular file only or while launching the app?

Also please share the screenshot of the error message if possible.

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2020 Apr 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still having this issue.  I can no longer get into the app without it asking to free up at least 3 gb of space.  I've deleted a lot of things I don't use, but still, it persues!  Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 13, 2020 Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Please specify the version of the app and OS of your device.

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2020 Jun 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hejsan mitt namn är Lars Robach! Jag har stora problem med att jag debbiteras fakturor till tjänster jag inte prenumererar för,dom tjänsterna har upphört. Jag har svarat att jag inte vill betala för en tjänst som har upphört!Jag fär hela tiden svar att mail-boxen är full!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 08, 2020 Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I believe you've billing queries for which the best place to report is the Get Started board here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/get-started/bd-p/get-started 

You may also contact customer care via this link: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/contact.html

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2020 Aug 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still definitely facing this 'Out of Storage' issue til this day. AUG 1 2020

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would you mind messaging us through the report a bug link so that e can get more details of your device and can help you fix the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I have the most updated version of the app and this issue is still happening.

could you please advise?

Many thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It keeps asking for storage for the mobile app.. how do you fix it on mobile? I always have to keep reinstalling it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. 

Please message me through Fresco's Report A Bug link (tap the gear icon in the upper nav then App Settings > Help > Support > Send Feedback) so I can see all of your device/app information, will automatically populate the email.

Also, when you message me there, send me a screenshot of the alert you're seeing. 

Thanks. 

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[image: 9A7DD5CE-7348-42B6-8808-03AF3DF5C29B.png]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines