Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe's plans suck!

Explorer ,
Oct 07, 2019 Oct 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there, 

My problem is in regards to the limited plan options and the prices that come along with them. I think there should be a cheaper plan that allows more flexibility for creatives that don't require all the apps that come with Adobes Creative Cloud All Apps plan. 

For individuals like myself, who have come out of uni, are in their early twenties and have hustled their way into an entry-level creative job, I think it's unfair to expect us to afford this plan. The student pricing system is flawed because it assumes that once graduated, an individual has a stable income. If my experience is anything to go by, this is not the case. Often we're relying on freelance work, are restricted to entry-level positions due to our limited experience and don't have a large disposable income.

For the average user, we're using a combination of Adobe's apps and don't require the entirety of this plan. For many, the option switch to alternative programs that are cheaper is not an option because they're not used by the industry. Moving to alternative platforms is unrealistic because Adobe is the choice for many professionals and Adobe's software streamlined throughout creative businesses. 

I think creating a cheaper plan that reflects the experience of the average user is necessary. For young creatives, we're trying to make a living doing what we love whilst juggling the other expenses that come with life. I think creating a plan that reflects the quality of Adobe's products and Adobe's consumers is fair and necessary for a company that has supported the creative industry for years. 

For anyone reading this, I think it's important we show Adobe that change is necessary. Engage with this post, make your own and let this issue be known.

I hope this reaches the right person at Adobe as I didn't know where else to provide feedback.

I look forward to any response and opinions that Adobe's team has on this.

Thanks in advance, 

Lucas

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many people miss the point about "not using all of the plan". The average CC user will use 3-4 apps. The rest are a bonus. If you want to use 3-4 apps you're up there with everyone else. If you want to use less then single app plans might be for you.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response, but I think you've missed my point. My problem is that Adobe undeniably has a monopoly on this industry and I think their pricing is too high for the average user. People rely on this software for their living. Other jobs have up front expenses that are necessary for the job, but eventually pay for themselves like a builders tools. Adobe is necessary and adobe knows this. To price their plans this way, I think it's unfair and unjust for many who make a living off this. But life's not fair hey, business is business and we should use something else if we're not happy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Completely agree. Imagine paying for PP, AE and Rush all seperately monthly. That, right now, comes out to be almost the exact same price for all of the applications. All of the applications that I will almost never need. I don't photoshop, I edit. I don't design graphics or websites. I edit. Even if I wanted Audition to go with those 3 other plans, that would still cost me over 60 dollars for basically a quarter of the entire adobe catalogue. The fact that they would even allow a consumer to pay more for literally less is an insane marketing strategy. Let me rephrase, an insanely dumb marketing strategy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think it's the plans that suck.  It's your pay grade that sucks  right now.  But that's not Adobe's fault.  Welcome to entry level employment where everyone has to start somewhere and be exploited in the process.  

Most worthwhile agencies purchase Creative Cloud for their employees.  When someone leaves the firm, their Team seat can be turned on/off as needed.   I suppose affordability is in the eye of the beholder.  Compared to other design products like AutoCad and Maya which cost thousands of dollars per year, Creative Cloud is a real bargain at $600/year for 30+ apps & services.  

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a good point I hadn't thought about. It's truely reflective of the type of industry this is. I think it's different when it comes to freelance work though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Oct 09, 2019 Oct 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LJWOR Hello.
In the first place, it is necessary to think separately about student pricing and freelance.

I understand that I used to work at a university store before,
Student pricing is not just cheap because student income is low, but it is cheap for special reasons.
The first is that I want to increase my chances of touching Adobe products even when I am a student, so that I can use it as soon as I go out into society without any discomfort.
The second is that we offer low prices because of the social meaning of contributing to academic research.

Certainly, once you go out to society, you have little disposable income and it is difficult to maintain it with a complete plan, but as others have pointed out, you belong to an organization and work Then, you should be given a seat from the company, and if you want to have it yourself, saving such as a single plan will be a skill necessary to overcome society.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 12, 2019 Oct 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, can someone delete my post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 13, 2019 Oct 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the idea. Posts don't get deleted unless they break the rules. The most important thing about the forums is that in future people with similar questions will search and find this discussion. Thanks for starting an interesting one!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That doesn't really touch on the pre-existing conundrum brought up. In fact, it almost pushes what was originally stated into the distance in favor of an excuse for "Our products are worth the price. We make things cheaper for universities so that you can become 'familiar' with the products, which in turn means you will only know *our* products, which in turn means I am forced regardless to use *your* products." Doesn't that sound a bit like, how should I put this..., a monopoly? Harken to the fact that it's a good strategy for Adobe, but it does seem awfully conspicuous especially when you phrase it "chances of touching Adobe products," and "use it as soon as I go out into society without any discomfort." What if I decide to use a sony application instead? I'd have to re-learn everything no thanks to Adobe. And like I said, none of what you said really touches on why the planning is so poorly constructed. From a business standpoint, I can understand why charging a direct amount for every single application would be beneficial... For Adobe that is. But if I have absolutely no use for, let's say, 3/4 of Adobe's products, then why am I paying for them? And imagine paying 20 something dollars on the 3 or 4 products you do need seperately... I'm literally paying more... for less. Sure, bring up the fact that that is why you should pay for every single application rather than seperate ones, but I literally have no need for those other ones. It's like paying a *Insert curse word for fesces* ton of money for a years worth of toilet paper, when all I need is a few rolls. Or like purchasing an expensive camera, while also being charged for the additional DJ set it comes with. Why would I need a DJ set with my camera? I don't need it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines