• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Am I able to purchase a Creative Cloud subscription as a gift for someone?

New Here ,
Dec 23, 2014 Dec 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to purchase the Photography bundle (photoshop CC and Lightroom CC) for my father in law for christmas. Any ideas how I can do that?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 24, 2014 Dec 24, 2014

Yes, you can gift Adobe CC, the best option would be to gift via redemption code in which needs no further payment & can be redeemed with the Adobe ID that you want.They can be purchased from re-sellers.for e.g

Amazon.com: Adobe Creative Cloud: Software

Regards

Rajshree

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 24, 2014 Dec 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you can gift Adobe CC, the best option would be to gift via redemption code in which needs no further payment & can be redeemed with the Adobe ID that you want.They can be purchased from re-sellers.for e.g

Amazon.com: Adobe Creative Cloud: Software

Regards

Rajshree

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply, Rajshree. I failed to mention I am in Canada, and Amazon only makes this available in the U.S. I will search for other online retailers that may be able to supply a redemption code for a 1 yr subscription.

Am I able to prepay for a year on my own account and then transfer the license?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Transfer of CC license can not be done, you can directly buy the CC with Email ID of the person whom you would gift the CC, you can buy one year prepaid CC online too, here it has to be purchased through the Adobe account of the person who will be using it.

Regards

Rajshree

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also from Canada, and just ordered it, prepaid, for a year.  Got expensive, though. $119 + shipping fee + border fee  = $151 to $165 (depending on which level of shipping picked).  And that's still in U.S. funds!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah, it's going to be cheaper if you can buy a subscription straight from Adobe. A key card is just a simple readout of a redemption code which activates the trial version that you download from Adobe.

Help with redemption codes

But since the core product is entirely digital (no CD or DVD), Creative Cloud normally doesn't require anything physical to ship or a pay a border fee on if you get it direct from the company instead.

However, the name of the subscriber is not transferrable. So one option would be to sign up for a subscription using the recipient's name & email address but prepay for it yourself, because anybody can pay.

For a completely standalone gift, a prepaid key card (as mentioned above) would be one route. Another possibility would a prepaid debit card which could be used by the recipient to purchase a subscription. More details on all these options here:

https://prodesigntools.com/prepaid-creative-cloud-plan.html

Hope that helps a bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines