• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error 176 - Can't install Photoshop no matter what

New Here ,
Sep 16, 2019 Sep 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been at it for a few days now and still can't get it to work. the install goes to 5% instantly and then throws this error. I even went through my registry and removed everything labeled Adobe, tried to install and it's still throwing this error in my face. Before you point me to previously solved issues with the same error, I've already looked at and tried every single one on adobe's support pages.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

New Here , Oct 14, 2020 Oct 14, 2020

I tried a million solutions and this worked.

-Uninstall creative cloud - https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html

-Delete C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe

-Reinstall Creative Cloud

Note: you may not be able to delete the 'CoreSyncExtension' folder. This is fine and it will work anyway.

also this youtube video had a solution that worked for alot of people: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVjGoBBh6Ug

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Oct 02, 2022 Oct 02, 2022

Delete files in caps (C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\caps) and you can download photoshop again!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Oct 02, 2022 Oct 02, 2022

for others:

Windows: C>Program files or Program files(x86)>Common files>Adobe>Caps
Mac OS X : Macintosh HD>Library>Applciation support>Adobe>Caps.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

176, C176 Unable to install on a network drive. Select another install location in the preferences and try again.

Have you tried installing on another device that meets the new system requirements to run Creative Cloud and Photoshop?

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/system-requirements.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/system-requirements.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's able to install fine on my laptop, but the specs on that are less so than on my desktop. I've tried both my SSD and HDD. It won't install on either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well if it installs OK on your Laptop, that implies there's either a hardware or OS configuration  problem on your desktop.  Which OS and version # are you running on laptop & desktop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 29, 2019 Nov 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the specs to download the software I even changed the drives and still nothing is working and I don't know what to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 29, 2019 Nov 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded to Win10 and I have the files from my other harddrive to SSD and I relocated the detection to the right folder and nothing then I tried installing the software and the error comes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 30, 2019 Nov 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Error 176 means you're trying to install PS on a  networked drive.  If this is a Teams or Enterprise account, contact your IT admin for assistance. 

If this is an Individual Creative Cloud account, contact Adobe Customer Care by logging in below with your paid user ID and password. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Click the chat bot icon and type Technical Support followed by the Enter/Return key.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2020 Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried a million solutions and this worked.

-Uninstall creative cloud - https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html

-Delete C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe

-Reinstall Creative Cloud

Note: you may not be able to delete the 'CoreSyncExtension' folder. This is fine and it will work anyway.

also this youtube video had a solution that worked for alot of people: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVjGoBBh6Ug

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2022 May 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can confirm this WORKS for me 30.05.2022 

When deleting common files make sure to open Task Manager and end task on anything adobe.

[Profanity removed by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2022 Jun 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much. I have been losing my mind trying to get this to work. Like full on joker mode trying to install Photoshop. I've regained my sanity. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2022 Oct 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Delete files in caps (C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\caps) and you can download photoshop again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 02, 2022 Oct 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

for others:

Windows: C>Program files or Program files(x86)>Common files>Adobe>Caps
Mac OS X : Macintosh HD>Library>Applciation support>Adobe>Caps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2022 Oct 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me when trying to install programs to a different SSD than my operating system. Kept getting error 176 and this was the only solution that worked. Even uninstalling/reinstalling creative cloud didnt work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you for the feedback.  and glad you got everything fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok - _ -

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2022 Nov 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You saved my life. Thank you so much. I was driving nuts trying to install this and reinstalled 3 times creative cloud already...After deleting I was able to install again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 28, 2022 Nov 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

good to hear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2023 Jun 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me, thanks a bunch mate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exit code 176 means Unable to install on a network drive. Select another install location in your preferences and retry installing   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@memes by Mali265709153zcy 

thank you for trying to help, but next time read all the posts before posting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2023 Jul 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Romanchik26392713mmni 

thaks buddy, worked like a charm!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines