Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error Code 146

New Here ,
Jun 23, 2016 Jun 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I've been getting this issue for every single one of my adobe products but, since I'm in need of photoshop most, I decided to post here and hopefully whatever fix I find will apply to the rest.

I keep getting error code 146 when trying to update/reinstall adobe photoshop (since I assumed uninstalling would solve the problem if it was an updating issue). The error code I'm getting at the moment is this:

<PRE>Exit Code: 146

-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------

- 2 fatal error(s), 0 error(s), 1 warnings(s)

FATAL: Error (Code = 146) executing in command 'MoveDirectoryCommand' for package: 'AdobePhotoshop17-Core_x64', version:17.0.0.88

FATAL: Error occurred in install of package (Name: AdobePhotoshop17-Core_x64 Version: 17.0.0.88). Error code: '146'

WARN: Failed to move directory 'C:\adobeTemp\ETR7F5D.tmp\1\Application' to 'C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2015.5'

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

</PRE>

I've disabled my antivirus while its updated, I've uninstalled and attempted to change permissions with no success.

Honestly, I'm angry because, for such a major update, it seems I'm not the only one getting this error in one way or another, but the info on the adobe site is extremely vague.

Thank you for your help!

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 23, 2016 Jun 23, 2016

I have the same issue.  I have Kaspersky antivirus software installed.  Have read similar threads (That are getting closed too quickly and not answered thoroughly) where the suggestion has been [first] to either disable your antivirus software, and if that doesn't work [second] login as administrator (create as necessary) and install again.

I have been successful installing the update with Kaspersky turned off.  Everything seems to be working okay.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue.  I have Kaspersky antivirus software installed.  Have read similar threads (That are getting closed too quickly and not answered thoroughly) where the suggestion has been [first] to either disable your antivirus software, and if that doesn't work [second] login as administrator (create as necessary) and install again.

I have been successful installing the update with Kaspersky turned off.  Everything seems to be working okay.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 07, 2016 Jul 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue, and I have no Anti-virus installed.  And Windows 10 Defender has been disabled.   Only Effects  Photoshop, Muse, and Illustrators latest updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 11, 2016 Jul 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Sammyboy405,

For details on how to resolve Error Code 146 see Resolve Error Code 146 encountered while installing Creative Cloud desktop apps... .

You are welcome to update this discussion if you have any questions regarding the steps listed in the document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines