• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Get off the cloud

Explorer ,
Feb 11, 2016 Feb 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have asked  this question before and been given the wrong answer and yet nobody else came on with the right answer, so I am asking again. I hate cloud technology.  I dont trust it.  I can't think if a better way to ask to be hacked than by using cloud technology. Cloud technology slows down my internet connection, and I also dont trust corporations at all, and that includes Adobe.  How do I know they are not selling my information?  I don't.  please read the entire problem before answering because if I am given the wrong answer again I promise I will not reply politely. This is a multi part question.

I have CS6.  A downloaded version,  not the cloud version.  I will not use any software online for the reasons listed above.  a few months ago during an update,  adobe creative cloud was launched on my desktop. I cant close it most of the time because the drop down menu is just a big white box with nothing in it.  sometimes it is that way for months before one day out o f the blue the box actually opens properly and there is a close button I can use,  but then the next time I reboot the computer,  adobe creative cloud automatically opens again and the same problem occurs where the drop down menu is just a big blank box with nothing in it.  so the first part of this question is:  Why is the drop down menu a big blank white box with nothing in it? Please scroll down below the the screenshot to read the rest
of the question.
Screen Shot 2016-02-11 at 11.16.35 AM.png

The next part of the question is that I asked on here one time about how to prevent adobe cloud from opening at startup.  I was given an answer, which worked temporarily, but then the next time I upgraded creative cloud began opening at startup again. 

I asked a question on this forum again, this time about deleting creative cloud from my laptop altogether, and and was given the answer about how to prevent it from opening at startup, again.  That is not what I asked.  I replied that that was not the answer I was looking for and would somebody please give me the right answer.  That was months ago and nobody else answered the question.

I have now found this website: Uninstall the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop application. What I want to know is this:  If I delete creative cloud from my laptop together and never re-install it,  how badly will it affect the functionality of illustrator, Photoshop or indesign? I used these programs for decades before creative cloud was ever invented and I will be very happy if I can do that again.

Please answer this question thoroughly or dont answer it at all. it is very frustrating when the people answering my questions clearly know less than I do on the subject. I have been an adobe user since September 1990.  Remember the most important factor to consider in the answer to the question is that I HATE cloud technology and I REFUSE to use it.  Please help me get off the cloud.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Feb 11, 2016 Feb 11, 2016

The update manager that came with CS6 has been replaced by the Cloud update manager, which is why you see "the Cloud" on your computer How do I prevent Creative Cloud from taking over my CS6 perpetual license?

As far as I know, the only way to do what you want is to DE-activate your CS6 and then uninstall everything Adobe... then reinstall and reactivate CS6... and when you do, set the CS6 update manager to NEVER check for updates

You would then need to do your own check for updates... should only

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Feb 11, 2016 Feb 11, 2016

If you have your serial number, you can download and install from here: Download CS6 products

After downloading the installation files, see these instructions to extract the files and install your product.

If you need help locating or registering serial numbers, please see these links for assistance:

Find your serial number quickly

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The update manager that came with CS6 has been replaced by the Cloud update manager, which is why you see "the Cloud" on your computer How do I prevent Creative Cloud from taking over my CS6 perpetual license?

As far as I know, the only way to do what you want is to DE-activate your CS6 and then uninstall everything Adobe... then reinstall and reactivate CS6... and when you do, set the CS6 update manager to NEVER check for updates

You would then need to do your own check for updates... should only be one time, since CS6 is 3+ years old and no longer being updated

Updates start here and select product, read to see if you need to install updates in number order, or if the updates are cumulative for the individual product http://www.adobe.com/downloads/updates/

If that isn't what you want... it is everything I know

ADDED for Windows 10 (may work for Win8 but I'm not sure)

After you have your CS6 working, you may want to stop the update manager and/or Cloud from running at startup

1-Right click the Windows button on the lower left

2-select Task Manager

2b you may need to select the option in the lower left corner to see the Startup tab

3-select the Startup tab

4-Disable the Adobe services you don't want to run

--including, but not limited to...

--Adobe Creative Cloud

--Adobe CS6 Service Manager

--Adobe Updater Startup Utility

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 10, 2020 May 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU. MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY.

I WOULD RATHER SPEND TIME BEING CREATIVE THAN SPENDING HOURS ON LEARNING THE TECHNOLOGY TO MAKE THIS SOFTWARE WORK. AND OF COURSE, THIS IS OUR PROPERTY WHICH IS BEING HIDDEN OR REMOVED WITHOUT OUR PERMISSION.

PLEASE MAKE IT EASIER FOR YOUR CLIENTS TO USE THE PRODUCT. CHOOSING NOT TO USE CREATIVE CLOUD IS OUR RIGHT, BASED ON OUR CHOICES WE NEED TO BE ACCOMMODATED IN AN EASIER SAFER MANNER.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you , that is the best answer I have ever gotten.   🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition:

If you install Creative Cloud on a computer where you already have Creative Suite 6 programs (CS6) installed, it will activate those apps with Creative Cloud because CS6 is also included with Creative Cloud. If you uninstall Creative Cloud, you will need to reinstall your old non Creative Cloud CS6 version.

FAQ: How do I uninstall Creative Cloud Apps?

If you have a Creative Cloud membership and want to use either the current version or CS6 with your membership and you are still getting the white screen, then you should see this FAQ:FAQ: What should I do if I get a blank white screen, spinning wheel, or my CC app will not open?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 19, 2017 May 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you install Creative Cloud on a computer where you already have Creative Suite 6 programs (CS6) installed, it will activate those apps with Creative Cloud because CS6 is also included with Creative Cloud. If you uninstall Creative Cloud, you will need to reinstall your old non Creative Cloud CS6 version.

Pattie-F  wrote

This is really a crappy way to treat customers. I'm sure there was a 'good' reason for doing this for Adobe's sake, but corrupting a perpetual license installation when loading a later version of subscription SW that requires a completely reinstall to remove is not only unprofessional, but ridiculous. Shame.

And now I'm facing the issue that CC has highjacked all my windows file associations from CS6, my main apps, so that my workflow is completely ruined without a substantial amount of manual reconfigure in Windows. Again, shame.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 19, 2017 May 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You actually don't need to reinstall CS6. You only have to take steps to reactivate on your system. Please check out the help link given in the previous post, just above your comment.

Adobe has said elsewhere that the reason they had to do it that way was because CS6 (from 2012) was built with a single method of activation. As you pointed out, CS6 was later included in Creative Cloud, so the subscription method supplants the perpetual method when CC is installed.

Then if CC is uninstalled, the original CS6 activation can be restored with those steps above.

As for the file associations, that's nothing new to CC. It has been a common problem when juggling different Adobe software versions going back to the beginning. It's usually not too difficult to reassociate.

File associations broken | Uninstall Adobe Creative Suite applications | Windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2018 Mar 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't uninstall CC on my Mac. I have tried uninstalling Illustrator CC and then opening CS6 but I get a message asking me to renew my CC subscription. I do not want to do this. I want to use my CS6 Illustrator that I paid for. How can I get this back up and working?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 20, 2018 Mar 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Liz, see the help page shared in reply #19 above... Basically you have to deactivate and reactivate CS6 to re-enable it after CC is uninstalled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is that I never intentionally installed creative cloud in the first place.  I actually made an effort to not install it,  but it ended up getting installed anyway during an update a year or so ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

also I'm not sure if I can reinstall creative suite 6, because I was never sent a CD for it,  It was downloaded directly from the website of Sheridan College because it was included in my student fees when I went back to school 3.5 years ago. All I have is my registration number.  I would have to download it from adobe again, and they would not give me the non creative cloud version. this means that I would have to download a torrent and use my own registration number on the torrent.  I don't want to do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

does anybody know if the instructions given on the website I posted will work and not effect the functionality of creative suite?

Uninstall the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop application

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have your serial number, you can download and install from here: Download CS6 products

After downloading the installation files, see these instructions to extract the files and install your product.

If you need help locating or registering serial numbers, please see these links for assistance:

Find your serial number quickly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 12, 2016 Feb 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so nobody is going to answer if the website I posted twice will work for me or not, eh?  It sounds like the least amount of work and I would rather do that if it will work for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 12, 2016 Feb 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That link will uninstall the Creative Cloud desktop app, but if you were using the Creative Cloud version of CS6 (which is what happens if you had CS6 perpetual software installed and then installed Creative Cloud), you would want to uninstall that first, then run the uninstaller for the CC desktop app, and you would still need to reinstall CS6 to license it as a stand alone software again.

This link may also help with uninstalling and cleaning:FAQ: How do I uninstall Creative Cloud Apps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2018 Aug 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it only works temporarily as soon as I desperately try to open photoshop it pops up

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 26, 2018 Aug 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mckenziet95715770  wrote

it only works temporarily as soon as I desperately try to open photoshop it pops up

This is a three years old thread. It would be helpful either to start a new one or to include some reference to your problem as it would allow to answer, without having to read the whole thread.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was replying to the comment the uninstallment won’t work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cannot uninstall Photoshop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can’t uninstall creative cloud to access my photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS6? Uninstall CC, eventually use CC Cleaner (from Adobe) to clean from any installation remains. Reinstall your CS6 Photoshop from your media or downloaded from the web. Enter your serial number. Install any updates to your CS6. Do not install Photoshop CC...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 04, 2017 Jan 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is possible to download CS6 in the USA but not in the UK. Do a search for them on the web. I seem to remember  a site in Afrrica or India that still had them for download. There are no listed products for CS6 on the UK website, only CC programs.

I don't have a CC paid membership, but Adobe have installed a free account without asking. Now my CS5.1 products don't show up on my desktop since a recent adobe update. I have to create a new shortcut to them prior to them working. Instead, an old version (CS4) has replaced the ones that were CS5. At the time I installed CS5, the instructions were that i should not uninstall version 4 as if I did, some functionality for CS5 would be removed with it.

From now on when asked if I wish to install any more adbe updates I will refuse.

I paid over £1500 for these products and Adobe seems to be trying to remove them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2017 Mar 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Similar issue - open to suggestions!

I purchased Master Collection (CS) Perpetual in 2015. I was told to also purchase a Creative Cloud subscription.

I later learned that I did not need a CC subscription and cancelled it.

Now, I can’t open Illustrator & access my files.

Adobe  tech support reloaded my Master Collection and told me it would solve the problem.  It did not.   

I was then told to uninstall CC completely and re-install the Master Collection.  A pop up screen told me I could not uninstall CC because CC Applications on my computer require it.  Also very worried I will lose my Illustrator files.

Help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 19, 2017 Mar 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try downloading & using the Adobe Cleaner Tool, then rebooting your computer before reinstalling any software:

Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 10, 2017 Apr 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My question is possibly a hybrid of all the comments above. I have a licensed version of Illustrator CS6 as part of the Adobe Design and Web Premium CS6. I also have the licensed version of CS5.

At one time, I paid for the entire CC program set, but only really used Photoshop and Lightroom, so I downgraded to the $9.99 CC package.

My CS6 Illustrator is giving me the message I need to activate it, but i really only want to run it as CS6. CS5 works fine.

If I uninstalled and cleaned everything as described in the previous instructions, then reinstalled the CS6 suite, and reinstalled Photoshop and Lightroom CC, will I end up at the same place I am in now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines