• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I activate Indesign CS2 Dutch?

New Here ,
Dec 20, 2012 Dec 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I contacted the helpdesk and they gave me a link to a workaround. On that page I can choose English version, when I select this I see a link to Indesign CS2 among others. But I need the Dutch (Nederlands) version; when I choose Dutch, I can only download the workaround for Acrobat Pro 7.0 or Standard 7.0, there is also a (broken) link to Acrobat Pro 8.0. And no link at all to Indesign CS 2. Helpdesk says they can't help me, but my original version can't be activated anymore and I don't get an alternative?! So I can only use my official licence for 30 days (new policy since dec 13th) what can I do?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 03, 2013 Jan 03, 2013

My apologies for the difficulties you are facing with Sogeo.  I have reported the issue with CS2 downloads missing for the Dutch language.

You also mentioned a broken link.  Are you still experiencing problems with the link?  Which specific software and for which operating system were you trying to download?  Did you also try a different web browser in case the issue was browser specific?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 20, 2012 Dec 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you previously have the Dutch version?  If I recall we only introduced Activation technology with the English version of the software for CS2.  Are you receiving an activation error when trying to install the Dutch version of Creative Suite 2?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2013 Jan 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, we previously had the Dutch version installed. In fact, we bought an upgrade for Pagemaker, this was the Dutch version of Indesign CS2, and we had to give the serial of CS2 + the old pagemaker for reinstall. I reinstalled last year + needed to re-activate, this went fine, but after installing a new harddisk recently I wanted to reinstall again (after deactivating the previous installation), which didn't work anymore, I called twice and helpdesk gave me the 'workaround link' but there is no Dutch Indesign. I called the helpdesk from Belgium, I can be servered either in French or English (not in Dutch?) And as I'm being helped in English they never see the problem (the link existes in English). It already took over half a day and no-one seems to be able to help, so I gave up calling. (English for me is no problem, but the software is used by endusers that expect it to be in Dutch, just like before)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 03, 2013 Jan 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My apologies for the difficulties you are facing with Sogeo.  I have reported the issue with CS2 downloads missing for the Dutch language.

You also mentioned a broken link.  Are you still experiencing problems with the link?  Which specific software and for which operating system were you trying to download?  Did you also try a different web browser in case the issue was browser specific?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2013 Jan 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for reporting this. People at the helpdesk just didn't know what to do with this. The broken link seems to be ok now, because at first the only 2 things I saw for Dutch were Acrobat 7 Pro and Standard. Then Acrobat 8 Standard seemed to be there as well. That was a broken link but works now. (but that is not what I'm looking for, we have a more recent version installed,  I need CS2)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 04, 2013 Jan 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok thanks.  We are working to resolve the issue.  When the software is posted I will update this thread as well as the main thread located at http://forums.adobe.com/message/4919014#4919014?sdid=KCHDS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2013 Jul 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have encountered similar issues.  The Chinese Traditional and Chinese Simplified section only provide Acrobat download but not InDesign or other Suite products.

Helpdesk says they can't help me, but I forced to re-install my computer and now cannot activate the software anymore and my working life is conting now of 20 days left ?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 03, 2013 Jul 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry but which software exactly are you referring too?  If this is regarding the activation server for Creative Suite 2 being shut down please see http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1195856.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am referring to the following software:

- Adobe InDesign CS2

- Chinese Traditional Windows version

I have the software installed for many years, and recently because of the re-installtion of the computer, I have to re-installed all software including InDesign CS2 Windows Chinese Traditional version.  However, when I try to enter my existing serial number, it return an error: "Activation server unavailable: Activation was unsuccessful"

After checking the error, we found Adobe has disabled the activation server for CS2 applications.  A special installation software and serial that require no activastion have been posted on the web site for English and other major languages version.  However, many other languages version are not available, including Chinese Traditional.

Please help to indicate if the no-activation required installer will be provide for other languages version?  Or else will manual activation will be available?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tfok this very topic is discussed in the linked discussion.  It states the following:

If the software title you have purchased is affected by the activation server being shut down, but is not available for download in the previously referenced pages, then please contact our support team at http://www.adobe.com/support/chat/ivrchat.htmlPlease be aware our support team will not be able to provide assistance for downloading or installing the Creative Suite 2 software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Poor customer support:

===============================================

Adobe Support: Hello! Welcome to Adobe Customer Service.

Terrence: hi

Adobe Support: How are you doing today Terrence?

Terrence: Got some problem with old CS2 activation

Adobe Support: I will be glad to check and help you with this issue.

Adobe Support: May I please have your email address registered with Adobe with the serial number of your product?

Terrence: as mentioned, I was not able to activate the software after re-install the computer since the activation server is down

Adobe Support: Let me check what can I do my best to resolve it.

Adobe Support: May I please have your email address registered with Adobe?

Terrence:

Adobe Support: Thank you for the email address. Please allow me a moment while I locate your account.

Adobe Support: Could you please help me with the serial number of your product?

Terrence: xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx

Adobe Support: Thank you for the information. Please allow me a minute to search for the information.

Adobe Support: May I know, which operating system you are using?

Terrence: It is installed in Windows XP

Adobe Support: May I know the exact error that is appearing on the screen?

Terrence: When I try to activate the software, it prompt dialog of "Activation server unavailable: Activation was unsuccessful"

Adobe Support: I request you to please follow the link:

Adobe Support:https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/entitlement/index.cfm?e=cs2_downloads

Adobe Support: I would like to provide you the information that this is an old product and Adobe has changed the procedure to activate such old products.

Adobe Support: So, I request you to please sign in there, and download new files of your product with a new serial number given on the link to install your product.

Adobe Support: After that, please uninstall the previous product from your computer and install the new files from the link with the new serial number.

Terrence: I have checked this link, but unfortunately, it consists only the International English version but not Chinese Traditional language

Adobe Support: Yes, this product is not available in Chinese Traditional language

Terrence: But the version I bought is in Chinese Traditional

Adobe Support: The product is available in English language.

Terrence: Yes, but what we need is Chinese Traditional, there are unique text flow features with it

Adobe Support: I am sorry to say but I am unable to help you.

Adobe Support: Do you have anymore questions for me?

Terrence: IS there any people from Adobe can help? This is a major support issue

Adobe Support: I am sorry to say but the cs2 is not available in Chinese Traditional

Adobe Support: You can check adobe forums for more information

Adobe Support: Is there anything else I can help you with?

Terrence: It is available in Chinese and also Dutch and Korean, but all these minority version gone !!

Adobe Support: Terrence, this is an old product and there is no support for such products. Only two products are available in Chinese Traditional, Acrobat pro 7.0 and Acrobat Standard 7.0.

Adobe Support: I am sorry, I am unable to help you

Umang_Sharma: Please check adobe forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 04, 2013 Jul 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting Terrance I decoded your serial number and it should not be prompting you to activate using that serial number.  You may want to verify that you are installing using the installer which was provided to you previously at https://licensing.adobe.com/.

I have requested a member of our support team to contact you.  Please check your account at http://www.adobe.com/ to verify that your contact information is correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 14, 2013 Sep 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was able to install the Polish version: http://superuser.com/a/622450/101850 the same steps should work for Dutch (note that you would need to find a Dutch version of the 4.0.5 update for InDesign)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines