• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Develop mode no Lens Profile for Panasonic camera

Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2019 May 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I try to apply a lens profile for the Panasonic Lumix DMC-LF1 for a set of JPG files in desktop Lightroom Classic — The desktop-focused app ! Classic 8.3. There seem to be many choices for smart phones (Apple, Google, Huawei, etc.) and a few for makes like Canon and Sony, but none for other regular camera makes.

Am I doing something wrong? What should I do to apply a profile or should I not do that at all?

Thanks,  Sander

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 21, 2019 May 21, 2019

As far as I know, JPEGs from mirrorless (and compact) cameras will have lens corrections embedded in them in creation. The Raw's should have the 'Built In Profile Applied'.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most lens profiles are for raw files. I'm not familiar with that specific camera, but for many of that type of camera lens correction profiles are built into the camera itself. There probably won't be any profiles provided by Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I know, JPEGs from mirrorless (and compact) cameras will have lens corrections embedded in them in creation. The Raw's should have the 'Built In Profile Applied'.

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2019 May 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim & Sean, Thank you both. It must be as you say. I will consider the JPG files as suitably corrected as produced by the camera.

Fact remains that Apple seems not to apply any lens correction to its JPG files, nor a bunch of other phone cameras...

Sander

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See this Help article for more information about working with lens profiles, including embedded lens profiles: Work with lens profiles in Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom, and Camera Raw

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the link, John, I will surely read more about the subject.

Sander

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2019 Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sean - Can you tell me what it means for RAWs "Built in profile applied"?  Is that something I change in the camera?  I have the Lumix FZ300 and I'm trying to figure out the Lense Correction for my camera model.  Thanks  Leslie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines