• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fujifilm Camera and Lens support

Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will Adobe update the camera and lens support for Fujifilm ?

I only see the X100 series listed and the 50mm or 55mm lenses in the Lens Corrections Profile.

What about the rest of the current Fuji camera line like the X-T1, X-T10, X-Pro1, X-E1, X-T2, X-T20, X-Pro2, X-E2, X-E3 etc..?

And, don't forget the amazing Fuji lenses 16mm f1.4, 35mm f2, 56mm f1.2, 18-55, 18-135, 55-200, etc..?  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unless somebody from the Adobe staff who knows and has permission to provide that information will tell you, you know as much as any of the rest of us. This is primarily a user to user forum. We are just other users trying to provide assistance. No real inside information here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jim,

I guess I was hoping that perhaps an insider from Adobe could provide some insight.

Forum is great and I appreciate the feedback from the community.

john

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@johnPlevitis Please have a look at the article from the link below. I think the Fuji fits in under the section with the "Built in Lens Profiles that get automatically applied. It is not a feature that you can turn on or off.

Work with lens profiles in Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom, and Camera Raw

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@DdeGannes thank you for the article. I did not know that users can create their own lens profiles.

The linked article was written in 2010 and makes reference to much older versions of LR.

Is the procedure similar for LR 2018?

I will give it a try and post my findings tomorrow. Thanks again for your help.

john

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not know that users can create their own lens profiles. ... Is the procedure similar for LR 2018? I will give it a try and post my findings tomorrow.

You may have missed this part of the article DdeGannes linked to:

Lens correction for all Micro 4/3 (MFT) lenses and cameras, including Panasonic, Olympus, and other cameras (Fuji X,  Leica Q, plus many point-and-shoot models from Canon) happens automatically without your interaction.

There is no need to build custom lens profiles since they are built-in to the raw files of these cameras and applied automatically.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@johnrellis If the profiles are automatically applied through the raw files, then why can I not see them in the Lens Corrections profiles?

This problem only happens when I import raw files captured with my Fuji X-T20 and not with my Nikon D7100, D700 or D810.

I don't think that Adobe has invested a lot of effort to deal with the X-Trans .RAF files or the Fuji camera/lens profiles. Hopefully, this will change in the near future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the profiles are automatically applied through the raw files, then why can I not see them in the Lens Corrections profiles?

Because the profiles are embedded (built-in) in the raw files themselves and are automatically applied by LR.  As DdeGannes explained before, you can't turn this off or substitute another lens profile to be applied.

If you don't believe me, here's the content from Adobe Help article:

Work with lens profiles in Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom, and Camera Raw

Cameras with built-in lens profile support

Lens correction for all Micro 4/3 (MFT) lenses and cameras, including Panasonic, Olympus, and other cameras (Fuji X,  Leica Q, plus many point-and-shoot models from Canon) happens automatically without your interaction.

To find out if your lens is supported automatically, check the Lens Corrections tab.

Lens correction tab
Camera Raw Lens Corrections tab (left) & Lightroom Lens Corrections tab (right)

Click the Info icon to view more information.

Lens profile information

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This problem only happens when I import raw files captured with my Fuji X-T20 and not with my Nikon D7100, D700 or D810.

To be explicit, there is no "problem".  LR is applying the lens profile for the Fuji X-T20 automatically.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines