• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 5.5 "Develop module is disabled. Please renew your membership to reactivate the Develop module"

Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2014 Jun 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My subscription is up to date and running, but I get this message in the middle of Develop Module in Lightroom: "Develop module is disabled. Please renew your membership to reactivate the Develop module" Same goes for Map. Book and Library are working.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 22, 2014 Jun 22, 2014

Hello Phil

If you are having this issue still please try the following troubleshooting steps.

Solution 1: Sign out of Lightroom 5.5 and then sign back in with your Adobe ID. This will activate the subscription again since you are seeing that it is showing as a trial.

Solution 2:

Set permission to SLStore & SLCache Folder ::

NOTE: Perform this procedure two times, once each for the SLCache and the SLStore folders.

Mac:

• Use the Finder to navigate to Library/Application Support/Adobe/SLStore or Library/

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,
Jun 20, 2014 Jun 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Sign out of Adobe Creative Cloud completely and close Lightroom

2. Empty the folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\SLCache

3. Launch Lightroom - you should be asked to Sign in to Adobe CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2014 Jun 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem here...so tried your solution and can't now launch Lightroom AT ALL...! I need to work on something NOW.... HELP!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem and that didn't solve it.   It's taken me 2 days to get Lightroom to work at all after upgrading and now it starts and I have this problem.   Adobe HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try the following:

1. Quit Lr

2. Sign out from the Creative Cloud app

3. Sign back in

4. Relaunch Lr

Let us know if that does the trick. Very sorry for the hassle.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Julie, thank you for your swift response

After doing this I could not launch Lr at all....though I am not EXACTLY sure what you mean by ‘sign out of CC app’??

Phil Webb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> I am not EXACTLY sure what you mean by ‘sign out of CC app’??

Click on the little cc icon (the two intertwining loops) in your menu bar or bottom bar. Click on the little gear icon. Click on Quit. Then restart CC by finding it in the finder (just type creative in the looking glass bottom right) or in the windows start thingie.

I have also noticed that with CC issues, it often actually helps to reboot the entire machine. The creative cloud app is quite flakey and often doesn't notice what you have installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, what I meant by sign out (and I see now it's rather buried) is to go to the settings menu in the upper right corner of the CC app - looks like a gear - choose Preferences, then the Account tab, then click "Sign Out from Creative Cloud". I don't think quitting CC is necessary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah that is the way to sign out and back in. I suggested restarting the entire app because just signing out and back in doesn't help if the creative cloud thingie is not aware of what you have installed. You can often see this in the apps tab where 50% of the time it doesn't actually know what you have. Restarting the app makes it "reconnect" with your installed apps for some reason.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's actually what I was doing. Tried it again no joy, actually a window pops up suggesting I uninstall and re install Lightroom!!!! I think there was also mention of an Error 16 and the suggestion I contact support....well here I am!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah just got your other message....I'll have another look..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK done all that, launched LR and now I am getting a new message...I can trial the product for 30 days!! Then I have to buy....what AGAIN!?! SO I check the register button and the bottom and sign in and now all SEEMS to well again.

Listen, thanks to you all for your prompt support tonight - appreciated!

Cheers Phil Webb (UK)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 22, 2014 Jun 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Phil

If you are having this issue still please try the following troubleshooting steps.

Solution 1: Sign out of Lightroom 5.5 and then sign back in with your Adobe ID. This will activate the subscription again since you are seeing that it is showing as a trial.

Solution 2:

Set permission to SLStore & SLCache Folder ::

NOTE: Perform this procedure two times, once each for the SLCache and the SLStore folders.

Mac:

• Use the Finder to navigate to Library/Application Support/Adobe/SLStore or Library/Application Support/Adobe/SLStore.
  • Control-click the folder and choose Get Info.
  • Expand the Sharing & Permissions section.
  • Click the lock icon in the lower-right corner. Enter your administrator user name and password when prompted, and then click OK.
  • Set permissions:

System: read/write

Admin: read/write

Everyone: read/write

• Click the Gear icon, and select Apply to Enclosed Item. Close the Get Info dialog box.

Win 7/ Win 8:

SLStore :: ProgramData\Adobe\SLStore
SLCache::

Win 32 bit: Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\SLCache\

Win 64 bit: Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\SLCache\

• In File Explorer, right-click the SLCache or the SLStore folder and choose Properties.
  • Click the Security tab and set permissions:

Administrators: Full Control

Power Users: Everything but Full Control and Special

System: Full Control

Users: Read and Special

• Click Advanced, and, if asked, accept the User Account Control (UAC)elevation prompt.
  • Click the Owner tab, select Administrators, and click Edit.
  • Select Replace Owner on Subcontainers and Objects. Click Apply, and then click OK.
  • Click the Permissions tab and click Change Permissions.
  • Select Replace all Child Object Permissions with Inheritable Permissions from this Object. Click OK, and then click Yes.
  • Click OK, and then click OK again in the Windows Security dialog box. Click OK to close the Advanced Security Settings dialog box.

Suggestion 2: Rename the SLCache folder and re-launch Lightroom 5.5

We are tracking this Lightroom issue. Please let me know which solution resolved your issue.

If these solutions did not work to resolve the problem for you, let us know.

Thanks

Scott

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2014 Jun 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Scott

Firstly, thanks to the support team who were able to help me quickly and get me back up and running again...good work guys!

Solution 1 did it here. A secondary issue was that I was not sure how to sign out and back in to CC Lightroom and at first I was not doing that properly. Once I had it explained I was able to do that properly.

But then Lightroom then told me I had a 30 day trial – at the bottom there was a register Lightroom button which I clicked and it worked again. BUT next time I launched Lightroom I had a trial expired message and again I chose to register Lightroom and that seems to be OK now.

Many thanks

Philip Webb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2014 Jun 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Scott

On a Mac running 10.9.3 had the same problem went through the fix and it was the last one of renaming the cache folder that finally got it to ask me to sign in with creative cloud membership to get the develop module working again.

Thanks for the fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2014 Jun 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello...  I was having the same problem as everyone else and followed your instructions but could find neither SLStore nor SLCache.  On my Mac running Mavericks neither folder exists.  So.. I created two empty folders and called them SLStore and SLCache and hey I'm a happy bunny again.    Just thought I'd share.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 29, 2014 Jun 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for posting this Scott.

Having the same issue here and Solution 3 solves it for me but only on a temporary basis.  Each time I shut the system down and then load up again later or another day the same issue occurs again.  Really frustrating as I have to repeat the process each time.

Any other ideas? Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2018 Jan 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sir, please help me I am stuck with this horrible thing. I am using windows 10 32 bit...

I am using a trial version of lightroom 5.7.1 which I got it with my cc version 2017

If u could help me with screenshots of your steps it would be helpful for me and others.

regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2018 Jun 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do you have the solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2019 Mar 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This did not work for me... HELP!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2015 Oct 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same problems!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 10, 2015 Oct 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BarryC, can you be more specific? Is it that you can't launch?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2015 Sep 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Julie

I tried to sign out and sign in Lightroom but wasn't able to relaunch the Lightroom.

Can anyone help me please.

mj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2016 Oct 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This doesnt work at all...frigging BS Adobe sort it out and give us another solution that actually works...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 24, 2014 Jun 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im having the same issue, I have tried everything all you guys have tried and I get nothing.  Currently I am going to uninstall and reinstall again.  Any other suggestins much appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines