Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Manual geotagging drag and drop on map doesn't work

New Here ,
Mar 05, 2019 Mar 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there,

I'm on Lightroom Classic 8.2 and I have been trying to geotag my pictures by dragging them on the map as I've seen people do in many videos.

However, this is not working, after I dropped the picture nothing happens. No point created on the map and still no GPS coordinate in the metadata.

Mind you, I am very fresh with Lightroom so the mistake is probably on my side, I just don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Thank you in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is hard to say without seeing what you are doing.

Can you describe the exact steps, with lots and lots and lots of detail? Or can you have someone take a cell phone video of what you are doing and upload it here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, thank  you for the help, the video is below.

Hopefully it's self-explanatory.

Untitled - YouTube

I'll be checking the version again when I'm back home.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There was a bug that affected some people dragging photos to the map, which was fixed in LR 8.2 for most people. But at least one person has reported that 8.2 didn't fix it for them: Lightroom Classic 8.2: Drag and drop GPS tagging not working. Right click on map also not working | ...

I recommend that you do the menu command Help > System Info to double-verify that you're actually on 8.2 (the Creative Cloud update is notoriously unreliable).  If you aren't, then first get updated to 8.2.  If the problem still occurs in 8.2, continue the discussion in that bug-report topic linked above.  Be sure to include the first ten lines from Help > System Info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Were you connected to the Internet when you tried the map module?

Work with the Map module in Lightroom Classic CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I was, I could search places from Google map.

I tried command click and others but no auccsuc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2019 Mar 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for all the links, I successfully reseted the preferences but that didn't fix it.

Here is some extra information if it helps;

Lightroom Classic version: 8.2 [ 1204643 ]

License: Creative Cloud

Language setting: en-TH

Operating system: Mac OS 10

Version: 10.14.3 [18D109]

Application architecture: x64

Logical processor count: 8

Processor speed: 2.2 GHz

Built-in memory: 16,384.0 MB

Real memory available to Lightroom: 16,384.0 MB

Another thing, my library is located in my onedrive folders that automatically backs up to the cloud, I don't think that has anything to do with it but just in case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since you are already on 8.2, the bug fix in 8.1 obviously isn’t working for you. Best to post in the bug report linked above, in which Adobe engineers are already engaged. Be sure to include the first ten lines of Help >System Info. No sense in splitting the discussion between here and there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

johnrellis  alright I'll be posting there, thank you for the help.

davidg36166309  well it's kind of both. I have a folder on my laptop's phisical hard-drive where everything is stored so I can even use it offline. And that folders syncs with the cloud storage automatically when connected to internet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct me as I am probably wrong. Your onedrive folder? Is that a cloud storage? Not a physical hard drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 18, 2019 Jun 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Similar issue here. Same catalog, different computers. On desktop no issues. However on laptop the 'pin' after dragging and dropping the photos is up to several miles off (on the map). Right clicking on the map where I want the pin to go works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 18, 2019 Jun 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Similar issue here. Same catalog, different computers. On desktop no issues. However on laptop the 'pin' after dragging and dropping the photos is up to several miles off (on the map). Right clicking on the map where I want the pin to go works.

This is a long-standing bug that Adobe has acknowledged but not fixed: Lightroom: Photo placed in wrong spot on map | Photoshop Family Customer Community . See that bug report for additional workarounds. Please add your constructive opinion to the bug report and click Me Too and Follow in the upper-right corner. That will make it a little more likely Adobe will prioritize a fix, and you'll be notified when the bug's status changes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines