• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Preset Bug - Lightroom Creative preset problem / preset glitch

Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2019 Apr 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a problem with the Lighroom Classic CC Creative presets.

When I hover over them with the mouse you see the correct preview, but when I click the preset (for example "Creative - Vintage Instant") and hover away with the mouse, a different preset or different settings are applied, the colors change etc. I've the latest update for Lightroom Classic CC (8.2.1 release) and I am subscribed to the cloud.

Attached are three screenshots, before I click the preset, when I click the preset and when I hover away with the mouse.

With my own presets, "User Presets", this glitch doesn't occur.

Do you have any tip for me, what is going wrong?

Thank you!

Before:

before.png

When I click:

clicked.png

When I hover the mouse away:

after hover.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you can see on the right side, the preset is applied. It looks like the preview is not updated, however. Try zooming in and zooming out, to see if that re-renders the preview. Another thing to check the the use of the Graphics Processor. Go to Preferences - Performance and turn that off to see if that makes a change.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, yes I tried to uncheck that, it didn't make a difference. I also uninstalled the program and reinstalled it.

Still the preset is not correctly applied, I tried it with a different computer and older version. The end product is not the correct preset unfortunately. So the preview is the correct preset but once it is applied it changes somehow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to reproduce it, but I can't. Have you tried resetting the preferences? https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah it's a very confusing bug...I really tried a lot before commenting here, also resetting the preferences, uninstalling Lightroom, updating etc. It's just so weird since I have no problems with the preset with the same file on a different laptop but with an older Lightroom version (8.2).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2019 Oct 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2019 Oct 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here..... Dont know what to do =/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MAC or windows?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 22, 2019 Oct 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just filed a bug report about this in the official Adobe feedback forum: 

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/lightroom-preset-hover-preview-incorrect-for-...

Please add your constructive opinion to the bug report, and be sure to click Me Too and Follow in the upper-right corner. That will make it a little more likely that Adobe will prioritize a fix.

The problem occurs for presets created with Temp/Tint settings from a non-raw photo. When using such a preset with a raw, the hover preview appears different from the actual Loupe view in Develop. The inconvenient workaround is to ignore the hover preview.

[Use the reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 23, 2019 Oct 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same Here!  This BUG has been around for several months and versions.  There is something corrupt in the Treatment & Profile section.  You can hover over the preset and everything looks normal, then you click to apply the preset and hover away and the photo changes color.  When it does this, I go over to Treatment  and although it may say "Adobe Color" for example, if I click the four little boxes in the treatment section and find "Adobe Color" and select it, sometimes things go back to how the intended preset is supposed to look.  Someone should make a video of this so Adobe can see it in action.  It is slowing my workflow down significantly!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 23, 2019 Oct 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made a video showing where the Bug is.

https://youtu.be/-gOiOzjgr6s

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2019 Nov 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 24, 2019 Nov 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"Same issue here."

Adobe has acknowledge this bug:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/lightroom-preset-hover-preview-incorrect-for-...

Please add your constructive opinion to the bug report, and be sure to click Me Too and Follow in the upper-right corner. That will make it a little more likely that Adobe will prioritize a fix, and you'll be notified when the bug's status changes.

[Use the reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Adobe product developers don't participate in this forum and won't see your feedback here, but they do pay close attention to the feedback forum where bugs are posted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines