• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fatal Database Error / disk image is malformed

New Here ,
Dec 13, 2018 Dec 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just bought a new MacBook Pro 2 months ago and purchased Lightroom CC  at the same time.    Two weeks ago I got a "some photos invalid" message and was able to resolve it.     Today, I opened Lightroom CC and got the following message  "An unknown error occurred while moving your photos: Fatal Database error at path '/Users/jeffh/lightroom library.lrlibrary/f45bf985950e8949b10b5673c0ea2/Managed Catalog.mcat' :database disk image is malformed.   sql:SELECT max (sequence) AS changeCounter FROM revs (error code 11).

The prompt box shows:   Postpone for One Week    Resume Later     Try Again.

My Photos app database is separate from my Lightroom database, although I did just import my old Aperture database to my Photos database (not cloud storage but external hard drive).   Not sure if the two things are related.

I know the photos aren't lost and are still in the cloud - I have approximately 4000 photos in the database and can still access them from the Lightroom App on my phone ( I have the 1 TB account),  but how do I resolve the issue on my MacBook Pro?

thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Dec 14, 2018 Dec 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jeffreyhowell68,

Sorry that you're facing this unexpected issue with Lightroom CC while opening the application. It seems that Lightroom CC has lost track of some of the synced images while uploading or moving them. Could you please refer to the steps below and let us know if they help

• The easiest option to move Lightroom photos to a new computer is to install Lightroom CC on the new computer, sign in with your Adobe ID, and let the files sync from the cloud.
  • If you use some other method to move your photos such as using a disk imaging app, Lightroom CC presents an error that it can't find the files. Select the option to Forgetthe drive when you see the error. Note that, Lightroom CC won't display the error now, however, you'll have to clear the files out on the drive manually to reclaim the space.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2019 Feb 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need help, I have many photos that didn't sync and I am fearing will be lost. I know they are still in the database. Here is the log. https://adobe.ly/2HTKmW2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2019 Oct 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Just received same error. I had simply logged back into my macbook after letting uploaded photos sync to the cloud. Dead in the water here, what are we supposed to do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2019 Feb 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So what do we do? I am really afraid of losing the files that have not yet uploaded to the cloud... I really wish I had known that Lightroom was trying to upload all of my photos and videos to the cloud. This is really stressfull!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines