• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to delete presets in Lightroom cc (New cloud base version circa 2018)

New Here ,
Apr 15, 2018 Apr 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having trouble deleting presets from Lightroom. I know how to do it on the classic version, but there is no right click feature, no tab in the preferences, and nowhere to find them in your library in the folders on your computer.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 20, 2018 Apr 20, 2018

Seems to be working for me, does using ctrl + click (or whatever) on the keyboard work instead?

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 16, 2018 Apr 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you referring to presets that came with Lightroom or ones you added yourself?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2018 Apr 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The ones that I added myself, yes!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 20, 2018 Apr 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems to be working for me, does using ctrl + click (or whatever) on the keyboard work instead?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Apr 20, 2018 Apr 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, mik_dav,

I don't seem to be having any issues. Simply opening the area within Lightroom CC where the presets are located, right click, and delete. I'm on a mac with trackpad only, so I right click with ctrl + click.

Here is a screenshot:

Screen Shot 2018-04-20 at 12.12.12 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2018 May 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, but the real question is, WHERE are they in the system? Where is the folder that houses them after you intall a preset?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2018 May 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly!

- Where are they on the system?

- And how can I arrange them on LR CC?

Why the heck did they change that again, it's so time consuming to find that stuff out.

I don't know how much time i have already wasted ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 02, 2018 Jun 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right Click over the preset you want to delete ->show in finder

you have a list of all your presets and you can directly delete all from there

refresh LR and you have a new preset list

Hope this help

Vinnie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2019 Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My lightroom cloud doesn't show the option "show in finder" too. Lightroom Classic has that option but I've installed a preset set which has over 300 presets and I can't delete them one at a time! I've gone into the Classic fiolder and deleted the presets through finder (mac) but on Lightroom Cloud these still appear. I'm frustrated that I can't delete them as there is no option to do that.Screen Shot 2019-12-10 at 5.28.36 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 02, 2018 Jun 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Schermata 2018-06-03 alle 07.24.18.png

Here my screen (LR CC 2018); you have to click over a single preset, not the folder name

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2018 May 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

doesn't work with mine ... no right click and no folder opening ... no finding it on my system

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2018 Jun 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also am having the same issue. I was stupid and downloaded a 900 PRESET BUNDLE and i dont even like half of them. Ofcourse when I try to individually delete them, it wants me to verify if i want to delete each and every time, so thats not really an option (would literally take hours to do). It does not show "View in finder" at all when I right click an individual preset either.

Screen Shot 2018-06-05 at 11.19.00 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 05, 2018 Jun 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK;Try the following way:

<home folder>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom/

here my screen

Schermata 2018-06-06 alle 08.08.41.png

right click-> delete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2018 Jun 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much.

But on my mac i don't have this folder.

I have the latest Macbook Pro and the latest LR Version.

Geee, why the heck did they change this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2018 Jun 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but this is not what I need.

I want to rearrange my presets.

- delete some

- add some into other folders

- save some presets to share them with friends.

Can somebody please help me with this Update of Lightroom CC 2018???? Where are the presets and how can I arrange them???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2018 Jun 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. I have gone to the folder that says lightroom presets and user presets, deleted EVERYTHING. And yet they are still in lightroom. When I right click it does not give me the option to delete or find in folder/finder. I have spent hours attempting to delete these as well. Its driving me mad!Screenshot (19).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is totally true.

The adobe peeps screwed this one up in my view.

The presets as they were before were very intuitive and nobody needed to explain anything - just logical.

I wonder why Adobe changed the Lightroom Preset folders etc. for the worse - just doesn't make sense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So from what I can figure out, the presets are actually stored in the Master Lightroom Catalog file itself. Kimberly up there was correct on how to find and edit them, IF you're on a MAC, which I am not. I suppose I could take my drive to school and edit it there but one would think there would be a way to do it on a PC as well. When I right click on the file I don't get the "show package contents" option. I could potentially open it in some other program but I have no idea what would be the equivalent to Apple's feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm facing this exact issue. I wonder why Adobe has never simplified this process...its frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2018 Jun 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been trying to find out how to delete them and start again - turns out they are stored in the Lightroom Library which is in your pictures folder.  You can then right click the file to show package contents then I think they are in the CR_Settings folder...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. This did the trick. Just a caution though...make sure to backup the files before deleting them. It deleted all the presets in the Lightroom Cloud app and the ones on the Lightroom Classic were intact. Just what I needed. Now I can only install those presets that I need to sync with Cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thaaaaank you so much :)))

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2018 Jul 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

So I found how to delete them! They're stored in

C:\Users\....\AppData\Local\Adobe\Lightroom CC\Data\80e677b6f914477fb1af708af843425f\cr_settings

When you open it you should find .XMP files, delete them (it won't affect native presets) and restart Lightroom, all your presets will be deleted! It works if you select just some of them tho

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2018 Jul 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found out the hard way that deleting presets manually by removing from the cr_settings folder in the Lightroom CC lrlibrary package is a bad idea. That will remove them from the local instance of Lightroom CC but it does NOT remove them from the cloud. I had imported a bunch of presets from Lightroom Classic and somehow those got all munged up in the User preset folder of Lightroom CC. I had 18,000 presets with useless cryptic names and I decided to clear them all out. I thought the fastest way would be to wipe out the cr_settings contents and it seemed to work until I found that my iPad and iPhone persisted in showing the deleted presets. Adobe support confirmed my presets were still in the cloud and the desktop Lightroom CC ceased to sync with them. The only way Adobe recommends to remove presets is to delete them individually or by right-click and delete the group (which won't work for default presets.) To get rid of my presets I had to uninstall Lightroom CC on my desktop, rename the .lrlibrary catalog, reinstall Lightroom CC, wait for sync to complete, then right-click and delete my User preset group. I then had to uninstall/reinstall the mobile apps to get everything back in sync. Bottom line, Lightroom CC doesn't handle modification of data outside the user interface.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2018 Sep 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right click on the preset group > Manage Presets... > Uncheck the groups you do not want to see. That's the simplest way!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines