• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Elements 14 and Olympus Tough TG-5 Raw Files

New Here ,
Dec 27, 2017 Dec 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have PS Elements 14 on my PC and have recently purchased an Olympus Tough TG-5. However the Olympus RAW files do not seem to be supported by Elements 14. Is there something that I need to download?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The TG-5 requires a minimum of camera raw version 9.12

Unfortunately, the latest version of camera raw supported by PSE 14 is 9.5.

You have the choice of either upgrading to the newer version of PSE 2018 or you can download the latest DNG converter and use that to convert the ORF files to DNG files which is Adobe's raw format.

See Digital Negative (DNG), Adobe DNG Converter | Adobe Photoshop CC

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your answer Brian. I must say that I find this solution a little disappointing. Perhaps Adobe are not quite as good as I had thought.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

PSE 14 is two versions behind Adobe's current version. The raw format used by camera manufacturers is still evolving and it sometimes requires changes than cannot be supported by previous versions of PSE.

At least Adobe does provide a way for you to use your new camera with the older versions of PSE. The DNG converter is an extra step but converts the manufacturers raw format to a standard raw format which can be processed by older versions of PSE.

If you want to know more about the DNG format, you could try reading this.

Digital Negative (DNG), Adobe DNG Converter | Adobe Photoshop CC

You could always try using the software that came with the camera.

Good luck,

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Brian, 

I would rather avoid the additional step(s). For now I will stick with Jpg, and look to upgrade in the longer term.

Regards

Alan

On Wednesday, 27 December 2017, 19:33:21 GMT, Little_Pale_Face <forums_noreply@adobe.com> wrote:

Elements 14 and Olympus Tough TG-5 Raw Files

created by Little_Pale_Face in Photoshop Elements - View the full discussion

Hi,

PSE 14 is two versions behind Adobe's current version. The raw format used by camera manufacturers is still evolving and it sometimes requires changes than cannot be supported by previous versions of PSE.

At least Adobe does provide a way for you to use your new camera with the older versions of PSE. The DNG converter is an extra step but converts the manufacturers raw format to a standard raw format which can be processed by older versions of PSE.

If you want to know more about the DNG format, you could try reading this.

Digital Negative (DNG), Adobe DNG Converter

Adobe Photoshop CC

You could always try using the software that came with the camera.

Good luck,

Brian

If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/10065616#10065616 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/10065616#10065616

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following"

Start a new discussion in Photoshop Elements by email or at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.

This email was sent by Adobe Community because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from Adobe Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines