Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to Open up EPS files in Photoshop Elements 15

Mar 29, 2017 Mar 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi can someone please tell me how I open up eps files in Photoshop elements 15. I have read some work arounds that say to open with file in windows as "open as" but open as does not seem to be even available in Photoshop elements 15. So disappointed that this format is no longer supported.

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 29, 2017 Mar 29, 2017

Adobe removed the Open As option on the windows side to make room for Open in Camera raw, i'm guessing.

The workaround is useless as the low resolution preview tif that opens is not good for anything.

Your better off using something like the free Inkscape to open the eps file, then save it as a pdf and open that in photoshop elements 15.

https://inkscape.org/en/

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe unfortunately removed the ability to open eps files starting with photoshop elements 11.

Regardless of what anyone else says, that apparent "Open As tiff workaround" only opens the low resolution preview if there is one saved with an eps file, so that workaround is useless anyway.

There is other software that opens eps files such as most vector software like illustrator, inkscape and others.

Or perhaps you have an pse version 10 or older you could install that will open eps files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was on a version pre 11 and upgraded with a new computer so didn't even know about this new adjustment to the program. So disappointing. I'd be happy with a crappy work around at the moment. Perhaps my question should also ask what happened to the "open as" option in Photoshop Elements 15???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe removed the Open As option on the windows side to make room for Open in Camera raw, i'm guessing.

The workaround is useless as the low resolution preview tif that opens is not good for anything.

Your better off using something like the free Inkscape to open the eps file, then save it as a pdf and open that in photoshop elements 15.

https://inkscape.org/en/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay. Thanks so much for your help. Perhaps Adobe might consider installing support for eps in future upgrades.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 30, 2017 Mar 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

charlenev31766176  wrote

Okay. Thanks so much for your help. Perhaps Adobe might consider installing support for eps in future upgrades.

EPS is considered an outdated format, so don't expect Adobe (who prefers the pdf format) to change that in the future.

Keep your old Elements version as suggested by R_Kelly. Other free editors can do the conversion (Irfanview?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines