• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Elements 2018 Oil Paint Option

New Here ,
Jul 28, 2018 Jul 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know if the oil paint option is available in Photoshop Elements 2018. I have been unable to find it and it is the option I most wanted.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is possible to open an image in Expert mode and click the fx button at the bottom of the window. Choose painting from the pull-down menu. The middle thumbnail is for the oil painting effect. Double-clicking will apply the effect to your image. If the effect is too strong you can go to the layers tab and change the layer opacity.

Another method is to select the smart brush which lets you choose an oil painting effect. You then use the smart brush to select parts of the image where the effect is to be applied.

This video relates to an older version of PSE but the tools are available in PSE 2018.

A guided edit is also available in PSE 2018 for making a water color effect.

https://youtu.be/ebUiitKZKcI

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your advice I will give it a go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2020 Mar 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to be able to adjust the stylizaton, brush detail, etc.. for the oil paint FX. Is that possible in elements?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 13, 2020 Mar 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can find it in the Effects (fx) panel, under the Painting dropdown menu.  It is the middle choice.  I would recommend applying it to a new layer and modifying the opacity.  Otherwise, it can be very blotchy.

You can also use the Guided Edit>Fun Edits > Painterly guided edit.

That was odd.  When I first opened this conversation, I only saw the OP with no response. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines