Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Print different size photos on A4

New Here ,
Sep 27, 2019 Sep 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have just downloaded Adobe Photoshop Elements 2019 as a trial version on Windows 10. 

I have 6 photographs I would like to put on A4 paper but I want them all different sizes, could somebody please explain how to do it and if it is at all possible with this software. 

Thank you

Margaret

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 28, 2019 Sep 28, 2019

You are attempting to create a collage with 6 photos on A4 paper which has dimensions 8.27"x11.69".

1. On the Expert tab, go to File>new>blank file.  Enter the dimensions (8.27x11.69"). For resolution enter 240px/in.
  2. Go to File>Place and point to picture #1. It will come in on a separate layer in the Layers palette.
  3. Go to File>Place and point to picture #2. It will come in on a separate layer as well. You can drag the pictures into position and resize with the corner handles, and commit with the

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 27, 2019 Sep 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I have just downloaded Adobe Photoshop Elements 2019 as a trial version on Windows 10."

Side note: Don't hurry to buy the 2019 version, rather wait a few weeks to buy the new PSE 2020 version.

"I have 6 photographs I would like to put on A4 paper but I want them all different sizes"

What you want to do is generally called a 'collage" and you will find many tutorials for that, including a guided edit from the organizer.

The general idea is that you open the file(s) in the editor and they appear in the bottom 'photo bin' panel.

You first create your 'canvas' with the right dimension and resolution (pixels, inches, ppi...)

You drag each file from the photo bin to the canvas and choose the size, position and possible rotation of the file. It will appear in the layers panel on the right as a 'smart layer'. That means you can change size, position and rotation any time later without losing quality.

When you have finished placing each image, you can 'simplify' the smart layers to be able to use all tools in that layer and to avoid creating a very bulky psd or tiff layered file at the end of the process. You can add the same source image several times with different sizes on your canvas.

If you only want a final jpeg (which does not support layers), you can either save the file as jpeg, which will 'flatten' the layers, or you'll flatten the layers, save as a jpeg version without saving the psd/tiff version after flattening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 28, 2019 Sep 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are attempting to create a collage with 6 photos on A4 paper which has dimensions 8.27"x11.69".

1. On the Expert tab, go to File>new>blank file.  Enter the dimensions (8.27x11.69"). For resolution enter 240px/in.
  2. Go to File>Place and point to picture #1. It will come in on a separate layer in the Layers palette.
  3. Go to File>Place and point to picture #2. It will come in on a separate layer as well. You can drag the pictures into position and resize with the corner handles, and commit with the green checkmark.
  4. Continue with pictures #3-6.
  5. At this point you should have 7 layers: Background and 6 layers with pictures.
  6. Should it be necessary to fine-tune the placement of the pictures, activate the move tool,  click the appropriate layer and proceed to move.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines