• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

vc_runtimeMinimum_x86.msi

Community Beginner ,
May 07, 2018 May 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just installed (?) PS Elements 2018. During the installation I suddenly got his error message:

The path 'C:\ProgramData\Package

Cache\{65AD78AD-0230-3A 1 E-9305-3AE65CD522C2}v14.0.235061packages\vcRuntimeMinimum_x86\vc_runtimeMinimum_x86.msi

cannot be found. Verity that you have access to this location and try again, or try to find the installation package

\tc_runtimeMinimum_x86.msr in a folder from which you can install the product MicrGSoft Visual C++ 201 5 x86 Minimum Runtime -

There is no such file on my PC!

After a few clicks on close the installation continued and completed and PSElements seems to be working

Question: How can I make sure, that the program works correctly? If some MS product is needed and not found during install it would seem that some specific functions needing this runtime msi will not operate correctly if at all? I am using the 64 bit version of Windows 10 - so what is the x86 version needed for?

It is very strange, that a routine - if needed - is not included inthe installation package...

Am I supposed to putchase the product after receiving this message during install??

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 08, 2018 May 08, 2018

Hi Peter,

We need to understand that Elements 2018 was released using the latest version of VC runtimes that were release by Microsoft, after which Microsoft released some more updated versions, having all the older functionalities along with the new ones as well.

So when you got the update of Win 10, it had the latest VC runtimes as well, and when Elements try to install the older version of runtime, it will fail as you cannot install an older version over the new version.

But due to the fact tha

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 07, 2018 May 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The runtimes are supported by Microsoft which is needed to run applications on windows.

Earlier there used to be 2015 runtime, but after 2017 got released, Microsoft merged them both and now only 2017 runtime gets installed on your computer.

Just in case if you are not happy with the experience, Please feel free to use 2018 version of the product in Trial mode for 30 days and in case if you face any issue, we are here to help you.

Anytime after or during your trial, you can purchase the full product.

I hope this helps you. Please feel free to ask any queries that you have.

Happy Photoshoping.

Regards,

Vipin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 08, 2018 May 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vipin,

Thanks for your prompt reply to my question.

Do I take that if PS Elements runs after installation this means that the 2017 runtime is installed on my PC and I can disregard the "could not find" problem? If so I'd suggest that you update your install program. Everyone is supposed to get WIN10 updates automatically and will therefore run into this problem when installing the trial version of Elements. Quite frankly I was on the verge of throwing out version 2018 and use an older non-protected version....

Have a nice Sunday

Thanks

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 08, 2018 May 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

We need to understand that Elements 2018 was released using the latest version of VC runtimes that were release by Microsoft, after which Microsoft released some more updated versions, having all the older functionalities along with the new ones as well.

So when you got the update of Win 10, it had the latest VC runtimes as well, and when Elements try to install the older version of runtime, it will fail as you cannot install an older version over the new version.

But due to the fact that the new version incorporates the capability of running Elements 2018, your program will work without any issues.

Also for your peace of mind, you could find VC runtime 2014(86) in the below folder of your build, from where you could try and manually install 2015 runtimes.

\PhotoshopElements\payloads\Microsoft VC 2015 Redist (x86)

We are working on this issue to take care of it in future releases.

Thanks for your positive feedback.

Regards,

Vipin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2018 May 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Vipin, U R GR8!

Peter

=====================

<mailto:jpgabor@gmail.com> mailto:jpgabor@gmail.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2019 Jun 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been a year since this issue was "solved," but I'm having the same problem.

Also for your peace of mind, you could find VC runtime 2014(86) in the below folder of your build, from where you could try and manually install 2015 runtimes.

\PhotoshopElements\payloads\Microsoft VC 2015 Redist (x86)

Is this somewhere on my PC?

What does it mean to "manually install 2015 runtimes"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 11, 2019 Jun 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you able to use the applications without any problems and is it only the error screen that concerns you? Or are you facing issues while using the software?

If it is only the Error screen and you are able to launch and use the applications successfully, it is only because that you already had the updated components installed and when installing PSE 2018 or below, the applications would fail to install the older version of same component over the updated one - because of which you might see the error screen.

So in this case, you can ignore the error and continue to use the application. In case of you still face problems - Please let us know the specific problem - so we can help

Thanks

Vipin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines