Mar 27, 2015 Mar 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Best laptop for Photoshop editing? 2015

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 28, 2015 Mar 28, 2015

If you want to stay with CS6 avoid a laptop with a high resolution display.  Photoshop UI will be small and unusable.  Save your money get a laptop with an LCD that has a resolution around 100 PPI.

The Surface Pro 4 is not announced yet rumored are there will be two sizes 12" and 14" both will had displays with 2160x1440 pixels like the Surface pro 3. The 14" display PPI will then be 140 which should be good for CS6. Windows 10 I hear will also be shipped on the Surface Pro 4 so far word is Windo

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Best is a very subjective word.  You need to at least give a price range, and if you'd prefer Windows or Mac.  And if you are talking about the current version of Photoshop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Best laptops are also very expensive. What is your budget what kind of performance do you want.  How portable lightweight or large heavy laptop.

The Surface Pro 4 is not announced yet. It is rumored that there will be two sizes. 12" and 14" Both LCD will have 2160x144-0 pixels like the Surface pro 3.  The 14" display would have a PPI resolution around 140 PPI which should work well with CS6.  I hear good things about Windows 10 and Surface Pro 4 is again predicted to have Windows 10 installed on it..

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Best bicycle for herding cattle? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 28, 2015 Mar 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think with most laptops you're going to lose a lot of high-end functionality but if you want something relatively cheap and powerful, as much as I don't like to say it, Apple Laptops do a  pretty good job of Running Photoshop and will only run you in the 3000 $ range.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The surface Pro 3 works quite well they cost from $800 to $2000.  The i5 256 ssd model with 8GB ram should work well for all but heavy duty Photoshop use.

Photoshop UI is not really touch friendly I would use a mouse on PC with a touch screen .  I use a mouse and a touchkey application on my Surface Pro 3.  I do not use the 2x UI option it can be use if you use shift+tab to hide the palettes most of the time.  The Surface is very portable.... I'm sure macbooks will also be useable.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you to all of you for your answers.

I can see that I was not specific in my question and am here adding additional info:

Software: Photoshop CS6 extended; budget: about $2,500.00; OS Windows........perhaps Apple if they are the best (Have not used  Apple computers at all)

I am presently using a 17" HP Pavillion Entertainment PC laptop, but it is giving me too many problems and am ready to change units. As far as CS6 is concerned,

the laptop is not displaying correct colors and is constantly freezing - have tried several ways to clean this to no avail.

Thank you again for your answers, and it appears that it is either a Surface pro 4 or the $ 6,400 dollars one.........

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are used to Windows, I would stay with it. There isn't a huge benefit of going to Mac, and, currently, there are quite a few problems with their latest OS.

The laptop I posted is really good spec wise and it's almost half price of the the $6,400 one. http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=8591886&SRCCODE=WEBGOOPA&...

You should be able to get a pretty decent Windows OS laptop for $2,500.

Edit: here's one for $2,400. Intel Core i7 2.5 GHz (OC to 3.5), 3 - 256 GB SSDs, 1 - 1 TB 7200 RPM drive, 6 GB (GDDR5) GeForce 970M, 16 GB RAM, and a 17" 1080p screen. Just did a quick search and found it: MSI GS70 Stealth Pro-096 17.3" Full HD Gaming Notebook, 768GB SSD + 1TB HDD, Red GS70 STEALTH PRO-09...

I can't say how good the screen is (might not be the best since it is "for gaming"), but you could always get an external monitor.

Benjamin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to stay with CS6 avoid a laptop with a high resolution display.  Photoshop UI will be small and unusable.  Save your money get a laptop with an LCD that has a resolution around 100 PPI.

The Surface Pro 4 is not announced yet rumored are there will be two sizes 12" and 14" both will had displays with 2160x1440 pixels like the Surface pro 3. The 14" display PPI will then be 140 which should be good for CS6. Windows 10 I hear will also be shipped on the Surface Pro 4 so far word is Windows 10 will be better than windows 8 and free for Windows 7 and 8 users.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2021 Oct 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also searching for the best laptop to run some havey software like adob adition and other. So please also suggest the best laptop for me. thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 03, 2021 Oct 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some Adobe applications are heavy  some are not. Photoshop is not heavy but can use a lot of resources like scratch space and ram.  Video applications like premier Pro are heavy application.

premiere pro system requirements  read Video requirements like recommended video adapters  Also.  I would not think a Laptop woulds be good for those applications.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great sir , for your feedback.

Best Backpacks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2018 Apr 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2018 Apr 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Surface 4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok thanks dear 

Backpacks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2018 Apr 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Surface pro 4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines