• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I make Bridge open Photoshop 2019?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2018 Nov 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have two versions of Photoshop CC installed. When the 2019 version is open, Bridge will open files in that version. But when neither version is open, Bridge opens the older version. I have change the file preference menu, but that doesn't solve the problem.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 24, 2018 Nov 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you tried with Preferences > File Type Associations in Bridge and problem still persist?

What is your platform and versions of Adobe Bridge & Photoshop 2019.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I open file associations it shows PS 2019 with no option for 2020 so I selected browse and found 2020 but the only option is to open the file not put it in preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2019 Jul 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue.  I opened preferences  and accessed start up scripts and unchecked all those that refer to 2018 versions.  then  closed and restarted bridge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you all updated Bridge to the new version also? The old Bridge is a CC2019 app and will open Photoshop CC2019.

Aside from that, "open with" should have a checkbox to "always use this app". You can also go into Windows file associations directly from the settings/control panel and do it there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where is the settings control panel located,, in Bridge??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm talking about Windows/MacOS. File associations is an operating system setting.

The application installer modifies these OS settings, but it resides in the OS and it can be changed through the OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I got it, thanks for your help..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines