• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mac lags when using photoshop with Wacom Cintiq 13hd

New Here ,
Jun 06, 2017 Jun 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a industrial design student and have been using photoshop on my Macbook pro retina display (early 2013) since the past few years along with the Wacom Cintiq 13hd. I have never faced any problems with it, but since the past few weeks, whenever I use photoshop with the cintiq tablet connected to my mac, the whole system starts lagging eventually to the point that I have to force shutdown it. It only happens when I connect the cintiq with my mac. There seems to be no problem when using photoshop standalone on my mac, but as soon as I connect the cintiq, it lags a ton. Could there be a problem with the support of the drive? I have tried formatting my whole mac and re-installing photoshop and the wacom drives but that has not made it any different. What should I do?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 07, 2017 Jun 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the lag general across the board, or just brush strokes, or what?

I am not a Mac user, but can you check driver update history and try and correlate the lag to a particular event?

Is it a particular image with a high pixel count, or have you set brush spacing to a very low value, or are you using very large brushes?

What version of OSX are you running, and have you installed any updates since the last time you used the Cintiq?

Like I said, I am not a Mac user, but this will keep your thread close to the top of page one, and hopefully a Mac expert will be along shortly.

[EDIT]  This page has something about Ink handwriting recognition.

Wacom lag |Official Apple Support Communities

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2017 Jun 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The whole system starts lagging once I start using the cintiq. Everything from the photoshop app to the safari browser and even the mouse trail starts to lag. In short, everything, the whole system lags when I use the cintiq. It is only after I remove the cintiq that the system gets back to normal and that too takes a few seconds. The lag is really gradual and keeps building up until I cannot even move the mouse cursor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 08, 2017 Jun 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You really need a Mac person to help with this. If it was Windows I'd suggest using the Task Manager and Resource Monitor to track down what was using CPU cycles, memory, or whatever was causing the lag.  Does OSX have features like that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2017 Jun 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

First of all, I am really sorry to have replied so late, I was out of station.

I am not sure mac shares the features that you mentioned, but I have also

contacted the wacom service helpline to see if they can help me through.

Thanks for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines