• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MacOS Photoshop 2020 - File -> "Import from iPhone or iPad"

New Here ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How does this new feature in Photoshop 2020 work? I have tested it but nothing happens when I click the menu option. This is not documentet anywhere. 

Best Regards,

Goran

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes when I have my phone nearby and open, it at least shows up in the options for importing, but is grayed out. But it doesn't always show up! This is so frustrating, because I was really excited to hear about this feature! 

Screen Shot 2019-11-11 at 8.50.18 AM.png Screen Shot 2019-11-11 at 8.55.52 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2019-11-12 at 03.35.55.png

Take a photo with your iPhone. Photoshop displays the photo immediately.

Screen Shot 2019-11-12 at 03.35.04.png

This function can be used with either USB cable and Wi-Fi.

--
Susumu Iwasaki

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of that is possible, however, if those options don't show up under File > Import from iPhone or iPad:

Screen Shot 2019-11-12 at 8.26.06 AM.png

And what if you don't want to take a new photo but use a photo you already have on your phone? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I don't know why nothing is displayed on "Import from iPhone or iPad".

If you want to import photos from Photos app such as iPhone, select "File / Import / Images from Device ..."

Screen Shot 2019-11-13 at 01.46.12.png

Screen Shot 2019-11-13 at 01.46.21.png

In this case, the iPhone must be connected with a USB cable.

--
Susumu Iwasaki

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 15, 2019 Nov 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've reported this on the Photoshop feedback site. Please go there and add your "Me Too" vote:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/file-import-from-iphone-or-ipad-not-active

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 24, 2019 Nov 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please, try to reset preferences.
(To Reset the preferences  Close Photoshop. Hold down Shift-Ctrl-Alt (PC) or Shift-cmd-option (Mac) and click the Photoshop icon (or double click if necessary) to start the application. Keep holding the 3 keys down until you see the dialog box and then click ok on the delete preferences warning).

Hope this helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this problem too.. I spent an hour of so trying to figure this one out. What this feature doesn't seem to stipulate is that you need your 'bluetooth' on as well as wifi. I turned on my bluetooth and my phone appeared!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To help clear things up a little…

Import from iPhone or iPad is a feature of macOS/iOS Continuity feature set, so for Import from iPhone or iPad to work, your Mac and iOS devices must meet the requirements for Continuity Camera. What are those requirements? They’re in the Apple document linked below:

Use Continuity Camera on your Mac

For example, your Mac and iOS device must have the right versions of macOS and iOS, and the right things have to be turned on like iCloud, WiFi, and Bluetooth. There are enough requirements that it’s easy to miss one, and if you do, it doesn’t work. So always check against the list in that Apple document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines